The origin of Gribble Road in Jamestown

The origin of Gribble Road in Jamestown

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

Ian Gribble

Australia

#1 May 14, 2006
This may not be the appropriate place for this request but I would be grateful if anyone could tell me about the origin of the name.I am researching John Gribble and William Gribble - brothers who lived in Jamestown for some decades in the mid 1800s. The emigrated from Camborne in Cornwall presumably to the gold mines.
Would like to contact anyone who might know of them
L White

New Zealand

#2 Jan 11, 2010
Do you have any more info about John + William? Seems likes Camborne, Cornwall was the seat of the Gribble name. You might like to google James Gribble and "Cabbage Tree Swamp". May help???
Ian Gribble

Wheelers Hill, Australia

#3 Apr 11, 2010
Thanks re James Gribble - of Cabbage Tree Swamp. He was their brother. My ancestor is Charles another brother [Australia] Yes Camborne was the birth place of these men and other siblings who distributed themselves around the New World between 1840 and 1855.
William visited James around 1870 and worked in the Thames gold mines for some years. He left a son in New Zealand who married.
f cruz

Irving, TX

#4 Oct 9, 2010
whay disdf
f cruz

Irving, TX

#5 Oct 9, 2010
it hot today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Register to win a Rainbow Play Systems Sep 16 dmooney 1
Snitch list (Dec '14) Sep 16 Fife 22
The Bridge Fellowship (Church) in Kernersville ... (Apr '14) Sep 9 miles bennett 51
Looking for 3bed 2bath home to rent NERMS distr... Sep 8 AmyLynn 1
Is jamestown a good place to live? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Local 2
Ragsdale High School Graduate -Movie Star (Apr '08) Mar '13 Ragsdale class of 90 4
Couldn't resist (Dec '12) Dec '12 nah 2

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages