Multiple Injuries in School Bus Accid...

Multiple Injuries in School Bus Accident Near Jamestown

There are 39 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Multiple Injuries in School Bus Accident Near Jamestown. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Several students have been transported to the hospital after a school bus collided with a tow truck on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lol

Greensboro, NC

#1 Oct 20, 2010
I was on that bus and someone I know on the bus got transported to the hospital. I also wanted to be on camera.
oh yea

High Point, NC

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Hopefully the fact that due to our hypocrital state laws the children dont wear seatbelts didn`t contribut to unnecessary injuries.
Who

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Almost 49 kids on one bus isn't that a little too many?
Cori

Thomasville, NC

#4 Oct 20, 2010
i live right near where the wreck was my brother said that when the two vehicles hit it sounded like thunder and shuck the whole house.
Cori

Thomasville, NC

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Lol wrote:
I was on that bus and someone I know on the bus got transported to the hospital. I also wanted to be on camera.
being on camera isn't everything. safety is the main thing here, make sure everyone is safe.
GCS Driver

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Who wrote:
Almost 49 kids on one bus isn't that a little too many?
No, that particular bus seats 60 middle school students
GCS Driver

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 20, 2010
My heart goes out to everyone involved. That was one of our drivers.
Cori

Thomasville, NC

#8 Oct 20, 2010
i heard from someone who saw it that the bus was turning left off vickery chapel rd and the vehicle that hit the bus ran the red light and hit the bus
Alex

High Point, NC

#9 Oct 20, 2010
typical tow truck driver....think they own the road.
Concerned

Greensboro, NC

#10 Oct 20, 2010
I am amazed that they are saying that there was only minor injuries...one kid broke his ribs and one broke his arm..also heard that the driver broke her neck...not so minor if you ask me...

Since: Aug 10

Greensboro, NC

#11 Oct 20, 2010
That was bad accident for that bus to be damaged like that. I hope all the Children are okay.
Gina

Greensboro, NC

#12 Oct 20, 2010
Kaylin's bus
Scott Proctor

Whitsett, NC

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Hopefully everyone will be okay.. My son and daughter ride that bus home every afternoon from Millis Road Elementary. We had no idea it had happened since my two had already gotten off the bus. (Bus 921 is used for both the elementary and middle schools.)
Parent of 2 GCS students

Greensboro, NC

#14 Oct 20, 2010
I saw the wreck after the accident occurred. As I was driving to I40, I saw all of the flashing ligjts from the firetrucks, ambulances & police cars before I saw the bus half on/half off the road. Even though all crashes are a detrimental, I immediately became more worried for the children & their parents. I pray that all who are hurt expeditiously heal w/o any long-term effects.

Since: Aug 10

Greensboro, NC

#15 Oct 20, 2010
oh yea wrote:
Hopefully the fact that due to our hypocrital state laws the children dont wear seatbelts didn`t contribut to unnecessary injuries.
It would make it harder for kids to get out of the bus if there were a fire.
amaya ortiz

Greensboro, NC

#16 Oct 20, 2010
omg i was in that
i was the one saying people were screaming haha
Paul Greensboro

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2010
Why do i see every day somebody running a red light. I drive for a liveing.And it is called LAWLESSNESS!
Firefighter

High Point, NC

#18 Oct 20, 2010
JTGreensboro wrote:
<quoted text>
It would make it harder for kids to get out of the bus if there were a fire.
The likelyhood of a bus catching on fire is very slim compared to a bus being involved in an accident. If you ask me, it should be required on a school bus. There are to many injuries that could be avoided if only there were seatbelts. The kids are basically turned into projectiles when an accident occurs. I would rather have seatbelts on a bus and practice evacuations than have my kid be a projectile. No kid can stay in the seats in an impact.
Pattie Archdale Nc

High Point, NC

#19 Oct 21, 2010
Alex wrote:
typical tow truck driver....think they own the road.
I agree Alex, I see them on 311 speeding, changing lanes without signaling, running lights. Not just the same tow company, all of them.
Steve in High Point

Thomasville, NC

#20 Oct 21, 2010
oh yea wrote:
With the new standards for seating on school buses the children are safer without the seat belts. Before you make a statement like this maybe you should take the time to look inside a new bus.
Children are still safer riding the bus than riding with mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy Aug 21 Bobbyhill234 1
Review: BIT Security (Apr '11) Aug 18 RPL 23
bbw black woman (Feb '16) Aug 15 Smitty 4
The clintons need jail time Aug 15 road warrior hawk 1
how is the boy in gboro? and where can I find some (Sep '15) Aug 13 Artispain 4
High earnings in Pleasant Garden NC versus others Aug 9 lmorris 1
Is jamestown a good place to live? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Local 2

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance