Green to Ask Commissioners for $6.4 M...

Green to Ask Commissioners for $6.4 Million

There are 3 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Apr 7, 2010, titled Green to Ask Commissioners for $6.4 Million. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Guilford County Superintendent Mo Green intends to ask the county to help make up for a loss of $9 million in state funding for the next school year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Citzen

Clemmons, NC

#1 Apr 7, 2010
Why not cut the employees who are double dipping? The ones who retired and then return? There are several of these people working in the School system.

Just an Idea Mo!
Jeff

Winston Salem, NC

#2 Apr 8, 2010
1.gov ernment is going to have to do like families are doing tighten their belts also what about the so called educational lottery funds?

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Here's what they do in the real world (non-government business)...

Starting with the least senior personnel, lay off a pre-determined percentage of your work force that will guarantee the required savings. All remaining personnel fill the roles and positions of the laid off workers. If the cuts are found to be too deep, you recall workers. In this case, for those administrators that would have to fill teaching roles - it would be an eye-opening experience and we'd see that the school system can run with about 50% less administrative personnel.

Another business idea is to cut salaries of those making more that $80,000 a year down to a predetermined level. I'm talking "significant cut of pay (50%) over that pay level. Folks then have a choice... work for the lower pay or quit and get other jobs. When the school system fills openings left vacant, they would hire people in at lower pay structures.

I worry about our teachers and the students, but it's going to take some painful business decisions to fix this mess. They're going to have to stop thinking like an organization intent on bleeding the taxpayers dry and start thinking like a business with financial troubles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can couples play at cupids in greensboro (Aug '14) Fri Bobby 8
Snitch list (Dec '14) Jan 16 Kaylo 10
How can we stop forced, unwanted help by strang... Jan 15 Courtney 1
Unwanted help Jan 14 Courtney 2
Why can't Black High Point residents let Whites... Jan 14 Courtney 4
Anyone seen him? Jan 14 Anonymous 1
John Wesley University student Brooke Helms fla... Jan 10 Suprised 1

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance