looking for birth mother

Posted in the Jamestown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
peaches

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 15, 2009
am looking for my birth mother. I was born in Jamestown in 1967 of June 15 in a doctor office. I was told my mother was 18 or 19 years old. That my father was in the service. They wasn't married. I was 2 months early. I weight 5lbs. am a girl. Am 5'6 big built. Have dark brown hair now. Hazle eyes. Would like to now who she is. So I can fine out about my back ground. (health Wise). and to say think you for give my a life.
may be

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Aug 15, 2009
peaches wrote:
am looking for my birth mother. I was born in Jamestown in 1967 of June 15 in a doctor office. I was told my mother was 18 or 19 years old. That my father was in the service. They wasn't married. I was 2 months early. I weight 5lbs. am a girl. Am 5'6 big built. Have dark brown hair now. Hazle eyes. Would like to now who she is. So I can fine out about my back ground.(health Wise). and to say think you for give my a life.
dont know what can be given to you if anything but the two doctors you may could ask would be dr. monin or dr peck. both still alive but old. maybe if they could figure it out, they could contact them to see if they wanted to get in touch with you instead of giving you any info. just a thought
W-o-W

Bardstown, KY

#3 Aug 15, 2009
I agree,...and hopefully they can help,.....
may be wrote:
<quoted text>dont know what can be given to you if anything but the two doctors you may could ask would be dr. monin or dr peck. both still alive but old. maybe if they could figure it out, they could contact them to see if they wanted to get in touch with you instead of giving you any info. just a thought
maybe

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Aug 15, 2009
W-o-W wrote:
I agree,...and hopefully they can help,.....<quoted text>
dr. james monin was the only doctors office in jamestown that i can think of,dr. peck was in russell springs.
Curious

Indonesia

#5 Aug 16, 2009
What is her name?
looking

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Aug 16, 2009
There was a Dr. Lawrence (?) that had an office in the back of the old Hudson Hotel in the 60's,last I heard he was in Louisville, he also delivered babies.
W-o-W

Bardstown, KY

#7 Aug 16, 2009
I though Dr. Law. was passed away???
looking wrote:
There was a Dr. Lawrence (?) that had an office in the back of the old Hudson Hotel in the 60's,last I heard he was in Louisville, he also delivered babies.
Melissa

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Aug 16, 2009
peaches wrote:
am looking for my birth mother. I was born in Jamestown in 1967 of June 15 in a doctor office. I was told my mother was 18 or 19 years old. That my father was in the service. They wasn't married. I was 2 months early. I weight 5lbs. am a girl. Am 5'6 big built. Have dark brown hair now. Hazle eyes. Would like to now who she is. So I can fine out about my back ground.(health Wise). and to say think you for give my a life.
Dr. James Monin is still alive. He is retired now but he should be in the phone book. He had a doctors office in Jamestown. He delivered a lot of babies but he has an excellent memory when it comes to his patients. If it was Lawrence or Peck,Monin may be able to help you out anyway. He is a really nice guy. Good luck to you. I hope you find your birth mother.
wondering

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Aug 19, 2009
peaches wrote:
what does it say on your birth certificate? also,can't the people who raised you tell you anything?
peaches

Anderson, SC

#10 Aug 20, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>what does it say on your birth certificate? also,can't the people who raised you tell you anything?
court papers are sealed all I know is my mother was 17 or 18 years old. not married. the father was in the service. She was a heavy set about 5'6. just like me. There a doctor name but you can't read it. There like something missing deep down inside. Am a single mother myself. my son is 13 yrs. old. This is the first time I wrote to try and fine her. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone.
majormomma

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2009
http://chfs.ky.gov/dcbs/dpp/ADOPTION+SEARCH.h...

The above link will take you to the information you need to open up your sealed adoption records.

If you want to talk to Dr. Monin, he lives in Jamestown and is listed in the phone book.
peaches

Anderson, SC

#12 Aug 20, 2009
majormomma wrote:
http://chfs.ky.gov/dcbs/dpp/AD OPTION+SEARCH.htm
The above link will take you to the information you need to open up your sealed adoption records.
If you want to talk to Dr. Monin, he lives in Jamestown and is listed in the phone book.
Thank you for information.
more info

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Sep 8, 2009
majormomma wrote:
http://chfs.ky.gov/dcbs/dpp/AD OPTION+SEARCH.htm
Isn't his name James Monin? I think so. Good luck to the lady looking for info.I'd want to know,too.
more info

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Sep 8, 2009
You might look up the graduating class your birth mother would have been in.Then contact some of the girls from then,ask if anyone knew of a girl their age that was pregnant,but gave her baby up for adoption. That might work.Don't know. just an idea.I know some ppl there,about the age your mother would be,maybe they can tell me something,if so,I will post here again.
will try

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Sep 11, 2009
My father would be the same age, I will ask him if he remembers anyone in this situation. Best of luck to you.
Times Have Changed

Bardstown, KY

#16 Sep 16, 2009
Ol' Doic. Monin won't usually discuss any doctor'ing these day. He always says, he's retired. But, I think this is a un-usually situation!!!
RLG

Burkesville, KY

#17 Sep 16, 2009
Wasn't there a Dr. Lawrence who also delivered babies? He had a son named David Lawrence who also was a doctor after his father retired. They use to have a practice in the old Amaranth building which is now a gate factory of some sort.
sexy_harley_lady

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2009
call social service in jamestown and ask them give you the no to frankfort ky and that will get you connect to what you need ok will good luck in your search on your family member good luck
ABC

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Nov 20, 2009
Do you know your birth mother's name?
If so you can go to google and google the white pages or even google her name.
Also being born in Jamestown, you could go to the library and look through the old newspapers on the computer, to see if your birth was put in the paper.
If you was adopted when your over 21 you can go to the Circuit Court Clerk, Tony Kerr's office and fill out a adult adoptee form and go in front of the judge to have your records released.
If you wasn't adopted when your 18, your files are unlocked.
You can call the Cabinet for Health And Family Services and see what they tell you but if you was adopted they will tell you to go to Tony Kerr's office.
I hope that some of this information helps you, and good luck...:)
Yolanda

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Nov 26, 2009
Why not take the paper you have with the Dr's name on it to a pharmacy here in RC with a pharmachist that has been around for a while (like Rite Aid) and see if he can read the Dr's name. It might be familiar to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog walk (Feb '17) 10 min Jason 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min Paul 173,015
PremierTox owners convicted. Why no word on sen... (Aug '17) 2 hr Madmoz 58
Please help find Christopher Gregory (Jan '08) 3 hr Worried Grammie 135
New Pool hall on Dowell Road 5 hr Power 72
Tangled Web 14 hr Worried Grammie 33
Phone vibe 20 hr Bucket 1

Jamestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jamestown Mortgages