3 Arrested In South Boston Stabbing Death

Aug 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS 5

Three men have been arrested in connection with the June stabbing death of a 27-year-old man in South Boston.

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian Kaz

Washington, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

I lived in Southie most of my life. I loved it. I just wish the two colors would get along
If you only knew

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Judged:

Boston a dump?
feeling

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

okay
Joe Leader

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

i apolagize for posting twice
MCL

Quincy, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

Whay happen Nick D 765 ...your wife leave you for a guy in Southie
lifer south boston

Newton Lower Falls, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

talk about trash my god,what did you get kicked out of south boston or what? why so hateful,i have lived their 53 year, i lived in the lower end & moved to city point,every family i know worked hard for their familys, have many friends from lower end & city point, they are the same period. south boston does not deserve to be slammed by some hateful,vengeful,jerk of a person like yourself ,if i were you i wouldnt go back either,your the fool that has a couple of drinks and start cussing the local! stay out, we dont want your kind
southiegirl

Newton Lower Falls, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

Nick D 765 wrote:
Just because "everybody knew everybody" in South Boston, doesn't make it a great place to live. There are plenty of places where "everyone knows everyone" that are far better than South Boston. All you residents, or former residents of Southie are so used to defending your neighborhood and sugar-coating it, that you don't see the forest for the trees. In fact, South Boston was one of the most insular, arrogant, racist, corrupt, crime-ridden, drug-laden, thug-producing neighborhoods in all of Boston and New England. I know adults who grew up in South Boston and the stories they tell me of how it was growing up there in the 60's and 70's are unbelievbably shocking. Gangs, mobsters, drug deals, stabbings, beatings, rapes, murders, etc., etc. It was all kept quiet by the locals because that was "the code." Shameful and disgusting. South Boston residents were the loudest and most violent opponents to school and public housing integration when that came about in the 70's and 80's. Black families on the public housing waitlist had to wait for an open apartment in another neighborhood (sometimes for years), even when there was an opening in a public housing facility in South Boston, because the local Southies were so hostile toward blacks. Fortunately a federal order changed that eventually. Read Michael Patrick MacDonald's book, "All Souls: A Family Story from Southie." This will tell you the REAL story of South Boston. After the publishing of his book, MacDonald received death threats from local South Boston residents for revealing the truth about South Boston. More of the "code of silence." More despicable behavior. Whitey Bulger was from South Boston. Need I say more? It's slowly changing now, for the BETTER, but I would not have wanted to live or grown up in Southie for all the money in the world. For all those Southie folks who say "you don't understand," Oh yes we do, perhaps more than you do. You can have it.
hanover go poop in yoour harvard yard jerk hahah
southiegirl

Newton Lower Falls, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

cambridge and hanover guy,
go poop in your back yards ahahahah
lifer south boston

Newton Lower Falls, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

Hanover guy & cambridge guy, i bet your really ugly???????
Stew Pidd from Boston

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

I'm glad I got outta there .........

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2006/1stHyb...
Val

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Nick D 765 wrote:
You can't blame all of South Boston's troubles on the "outsiders" who moved in there "later." That is a cop out. Southie was bad even in the 60's and 70's. See my comment entry on the post for more of my opinion.
This is older site ..but I live in FL. now..I was born and raised in Southie..in the 50's - attended Oliver H. Perry School..I walked to school and home with no prb's..Sure we had fights but not like kids are now.My friends would walk to Castle Island and visit Kelly's landing..fishing at the Sugar Bowl..I lived on 4th St. with my 4 sisters and 2 brothers..We moved the suburbs in 1959. I have always missed Southie//Back to Boston in Oct..I will visit Southie that for sure..
Project_ life_since_1956

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

It is interesting to me to read all the comments from people who live "outside" South Boston now, whether they ever lived here or not. I see a lot of denial going on.
Personally, from this side of the fence I don't see much difference in the quality of the people who live here now than I did throughout the years, and I wasn't born here.
Most of my neighbors are law abiding, families trying to bring up children with limited incomes. Sure there are bad apples in the bunch, but guess what! They were here in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's etc. right up through the present, and not just in the projects. And also, I see similar "bad apples" in the suburbs where many of my friends and family live and put up with. Personally, I'm glad I stayed, I love the city and it's many opportunities. The faces change but the love is still there. Wake up and smell the roses. Life is what we make it.
Chevman

Limington, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

I grew up in Southie. I loved it. Most of my relatives still live there. Southie does have their
problems just like any town in New England. I will always love it.
southie resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Nick D 765 wrote:
Just because "everybody knew everybody" in South Boston, doesn't make it a great place to live. There are plenty of places where "everyone knows everyone" that are far better than South Boston. All you residents, or former residents of Southie are so used to defending your neighborhood and sugar-coating it, that you don't see the forest for the trees. In fact, South Boston was one of the most insular, arrogant, racist, corrupt, crime-ridden, drug-laden, thug-producing neighborhoods in all of Boston and New England. I know adults who grew up in South Boston and the stories they tell me of how it was growing up there in the 60's and 70's are unbelievbably shocking. Gangs, mobsters, drug deals, stabbings, beatings, rapes, murders, etc., etc. It was all kept quiet by the locals because that was "the code." Shameful and disgusting. South Boston residents were the loudest and most violent opponents to school and public housing integration when that came about in the 70's and 80's. Black families on the public housing waitlist had to wait for an open apartment in another neighborhood (sometimes for years), even when there was an opening in a public housing facility in South Boston, because the local Southies were so hostile toward blacks. Fortunately a federal order changed that eventually. Read Michael Patrick MacDonald's book, "All Souls: A Family Story from Southie." This will tell you the REAL story of South Boston. After the publishing of his book, MacDonald received death threats from local South Boston residents for revealing the truth about South Boston. More of the "code of silence." More despicable behavior. Whitey Bulger was from South Boston. Need I say more? It's slowly changing now, for the BETTER, but I would not have wanted to live or grown up in Southie for all the money in the world. For all those Southie folks who say "you don't understand," Oh yes we do, perhaps more than you do. You can have it.
so going by a book tells you everything really look up michael mcdonald look at his dob then look at the the years he has written about. Who are your friends from southie name them cause you dont have any. Its a shit hole now because of all the people that moved in crime rate is thru the roof. Yes whitey sucked he did but he kept a tight leash on southie if you didnt grow up here you dont no so go read some more books and newspapers so you can learn more about a town you could never really know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jamaica-Plain Discussions

Search the Jamaica-Plain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Dorchester Man Charged in Hit-and-Run that Crit... Jul 12 reality is a crutch 1
Two arrested after alleged armed robbery in Jam... Jun '14 reality is a crutch 1
Once-hailed salad bars gone from city's schools May '14 reality is a crutch 1
Mass. Officials: Asian Longhorned Beetle Eradic... May '14 reality is a crutch 1
Jamaica Plain Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
•••
•••

Jamaica-Plain News Video

•••
•••

Jamaica-Plain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jamaica-Plain People Search