Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 24584 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14478 Sep 24, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago has some of the highest paid teachers in the nation ($76K a year/avg). 75% of every dollar spent on education goes towards salaries. Where does their education system rank? Why do charter schools do better with less money?
Shoving more money at the problem doesn't neccesarily solve anything.
Charter schools do what with less money? Do you have a FoxFaux report on this?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14480 Sep 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Houston INDEPENDENT School District pays teachers based on the performance of their pupils.I don't know how long this has been going on.But I think not long enough to judge just yet.The better the students do the better the teacher gets paid.RIGHT now we are 49th.You made some good points.WE have to COMPETE!
I agree. Teachers have a tough job, and deserve a decent wage and benefits. A big part of the problem rests on the parents shoulders as well. Our families are breaking down, kids have no respect for authority anymore and teachers aren't allowed to enforce the rules.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14482 Sep 25, 2012
Waco 1954 wrote:
Bernard you are the longest poster on earth.Sometimes you raise good points.But I'll bet you drive too fast.In any event here's an interesting point.Texas ranks 49th in.edu cation after years of republican cuts in that area.If....I were a republican I would rethink continuous cuts in education.
Another infamous title Texas holds; Highest #1 in drop outs.Lowest wages. Not surprised there, as Texas Tax code puts the greatest burden on the less one makes!
Now as for these republicans.May surprise you that their political ideologies goes back a ways.
Little bit of research into history. Found a similar political movement that emulates our present day republicans. Smaller governments and deregulation.
Fragrance of criminals minds, they would appreciate less laws and social enforcement of those laws. Breeding corruption.
Anarchist originated with France’s political theorist. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon [1809-65] Authored the book “What is Property” that property was theft. Gained acceptance in the USA with Prince Peter Kropotkin’s [1842-1921] book of 1896 {Anarchism; Its Philosophy and Ideal} Emulating similar symptoms of our right wing fanatics with assassinations and civil destruction of social infrastructures. Association with terrorist harmed their progress with the Chicago’s Haymaker Square tragedy and the various assassinations of the President of France, Prime Minister of Spain, Empress Elizabeth of Austria, King Umberto I of Italy and President William McKinley. Tainting the anarchism with the chaos of anarchy. Fertile soils for pltuocracy to blossom.

“I'd Rather Be Waterboarding.”

Since: Jul 08

Your Ignorance Is Not My Fault

#14484 Sep 25, 2012
Attrition and Dropout Rates in Texas

Texas public schools are losing one out of four students.
•The statewide attrition rate was 27 percent for 2010-11.
•While our high school attrition rate is below 30 percent for the second year in a row – the lowest rate so far – at this rate, Texas will not reach universal high school education for another quarter of a century in 2037.
•110,804 students were lost from our public high schools in 2010-11.
•The racial-ethnic gaps are dramatically higher than 26 years ago. The gap between the attrition rates of White students and Black students has increased from 7 percentage points to 16. The gap between the rates of White students and Hispanic students has increased from 18 percentage points to 23.
•Black students and Hispanic students are about two times more likely to leave school without graduating with a diploma than White students.
•Texas schools are losing 13 students per hour.
•More than 3.1 million students have been lost from Texas high schools since 1986. We stand to lose as many as 2.8 million more students over the next 25 years.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14485 Sep 25, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Another infamous title Texas holds; Highest #1 in drop outs.Lowest wages. Not surprised there, as Texas Tax code puts the greatest burden on the less one makes!
Now as for these republicans.May surprise you that their political ideologies goes back a ways.
Little bit of research into history. Found a similar political movement that emulates our present day republicans. Smaller governments and deregulation.
Fragrance of criminals minds, they would appreciate less laws and social enforcement of those laws. Breeding corruption.
Anarchist originated with France’s political theorist. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon [1809-65] Authored the book “What is Property” that property was theft. Gained acceptance in the USA with Prince Peter Kropotkin’s [1842-1921] book of 1896 {Anarchism; Its Philosophy and Ideal} Emulating similar symptoms of our right wing fanatics with assassinations and civil destruction of social infrastructures. Association with terrorist harmed their progress with the Chicago’s Haymaker Square tragedy and the various assassinations of the President of France, Prime Minister of Spain, Empress Elizabeth of Austria, King Umberto I of Italy and President William McKinley. Tainting the anarchism with the chaos of anarchy. Fertile soils for pltuocracy to blossom.
Most Americans don't even know the definition of"plutocracy".Educa tion cuts are seeing to that.
Peace

Coventry, UK

#14486 Sep 25, 2012

Location hidden

#14487 Sep 25, 2012
Peace wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/topix/T3CHJ8BB44K9S95NN/post 3198
ref anyone?
No one can help those psychos.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14488 Sep 25, 2012
Peace wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/topix/T3CHJ8BB44K9S95NN/post 3198
ref anyone?
No Thanks!
bozer

Houston, TX

#14489 Sep 25, 2012
perry loses

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14492 Sep 27, 2012
Holy crap, has this forum fially died? I never thought I would see the day.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#14494 Sep 27, 2012
No, not dead, merely calmed somewhat.
lol

United States

#14495 Sep 27, 2012
True true
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14496 Sep 27, 2012
Caught on tape! Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson addressed the Tea Party recently and said this:
"Who better than me, that's already finished one of the entitlement programs [as governor], to come up with programs to do away with Medicaid and Medicare?"

Intrprnr1 . Well stated. Did a little research to see why they refer to it as the Poison Pill. Consider back in 2003 republicans introduced , what many refer to as the “Poising Pill” of Health Care.
When the Government extended much needed Medicare drug benefits.{2003}…. A little provision was added to its extension. Provision PROHIBITS government from bargaining for prices on drugs!$50 Billion per year windfall to the pharmaceuticals. Imagine cost to premiums to cover that little bit added expenses. Where will they get it. Perhaps by reducing quality of Health Care.
Lets see 9 X 50 =$450 Billion.. Hmmm Kinda of a leak there… Fix that and perhaps this malarkey of inefficient Medicare will evaporate, hopefully those who seek to sabotage our Health Care {R} evaporates with it.
Ryan and Tommy both running for office have public said they will destroy or dismantle Medicare, Medicaid and S.S. Romney made it obvious what he will do with our 47% of our citizens when he was caught on tape.
Elderly and women beware. Your rights are under assault just as your voting rights are.
phone it in

Los Angeles, CA

#14498 Sep 27, 2012
Re-elect nobody.

Location hidden

#14499 Sep 27, 2012
phone it in wrote:
Re-elect nobody.
Somebody WILL get elected and it WILL impact YOU!
tesd

Castroville, TX

#14500 Sep 27, 2012
TEST
Waco1909

Monroe, LA

#14502 Sep 28, 2012
Met Rick Perry once.Afterwards...noticed my Tag Huer watch was missing from my wrist.Not saying he took it.But......
Texan

Wichita, KS

#14503 Sep 28, 2012
He's damn sure took a lot from the State and I don't think he earned any of it. Double dipping jerk.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14504 Sep 28, 2012
all those messed up republicans are bad people! they want to take away the medacaid for my daugter, they want to thow my grandma over a cliff, and they want to reduce my food stamps. as a american my family and i are entitled to these things, they want to force me to show an id to vote eff u rommey and all u republican devils. REELECT OBAMA HE IS THE ONLY WAY TO A BRIHTER FUTRUE! ITS TIME TO MOVE FORWARD!
Texan

Wichita, KS

#14505 Sep 28, 2012
D Locos you're F>in nuts. You are also a Republican attempting to ridicule everyone who doesn't agree with you. Obama isn't the only way, probably not even the best way, but he is better Romney and Ryan. You probably have been eating too many loco weed laced Doritos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas Rose Festival begins Thursday with ribbon... Thu Smart but not rich 1
Why are black people so loud? (May '10) Thu Ruby 300
City of Tyler Financial Outlook Thu Just another Taxp... 6
News Festivals Gone By exhibit showcases Texas Rose ... Oct 17 Thorne 1
TISD Students/Families should boycott Rose Fest... Oct 12 Fourth Gen 2
Looking to meet the bi or bi-curious women of T... (Dec '12) Oct 11 Ashton 28
any prostitution stings lately Oct 10 Guero Juan 2

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages