Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 666)

Showing posts 13,301 - 13,320 of20,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
perry

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

you do not have our vote
democrat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Straight ticket for the blue this year,so dissapointed with the Republican Party the last few years. The party of NO.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Real American wrote:
All I know is, how the hell has Rick Perry remained govener if noone ever votes for him??! Its crazy!! As for as this election goes, I think were screwed all the way around....
Ron Paul 2013!!
Unfortunately a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obummer in this election. Obummer needs to go. Ron Paul isn't establishment approved, even though
he would make a better President than the two puppets that we get to
choose from now.
repub

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Just today these latinos won the votes for governor

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

TEXAS ranks 49th in education.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE? THIS is while Texas has been run by republicans for years.REPUBLICAN cuts to education are directly responsible.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE? Can't blame this one on Obama.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

No collective bargaining in Texas teachers can't strike.They are some of the lowest paid in the country.
Your Mom I porked

Lone Oak, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
TEXAS ranks 49th in education.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE? THIS is while Texas has been run by republicans for years.REPUBLICAN cuts to education are directly responsible.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE? Can't blame this one on Obama.WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN RESPONSE?
Yes indeed, let's just shove more taxpayer money at it. That will repair the problem. HAHAHAHA, yeah right" wake up and smell the gas loser!

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

With such low pay and practically no benefits, there will soon be no incentive to choose teaching as a profession. There's certainly no reason for teachers to do any more than what is required of them as things stand these days. Unbelievable how some politicians fail to see this...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
No collective bargaining in Texas teachers can't strike.They are some of the lowest paid in the country.
Chicago has some of the highest paid teachers in the nation ($76K a year/avg). 75% of every dollar spent on education goes towards salaries. Where does their education system rank? Why do charter schools do better with less money?
Shoving more money at the problem doesn't neccesarily solve anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Edthirty wrote:
With such low pay and practically no benefits, there will soon be no incentive to choose teaching as a profession. There's certainly no reason for teachers to do any more than what is required of them as things stand these days. Unbelievable how some politicians fail to see this...
Health care, pension and a paycheck? Sounds like teachers have it pretty bad to me. Maybe they shouldn't take the job if all they really care about is what's in it for them.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

NRH, you should change you name to Republican Puppet. Everyone works for health care, a pension, and a pay check, even you. Go ahead tell me you would go to work if you didn't get paid, tell me you don't want health care insurance, and tell me you don't care about retirement, then I will call you just another Republican liar. You may not help public education by throwing money at it but you damn well won't help it by taking more money from it. I'm not sure how to fix education in Texas, but I'm just one man. But I then neither can all those highly intelligent Republicans in Austin, let's face it they have been in control for between twelve and fourteen years and they aren't even close. So come on NRH show us all even one thing that Perry and the rest of those greedy Republicans in Austin have fixed, just one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Texan wrote:
NRH, you should change you name to Republican Puppet. Everyone works for health care, a pension, and a pay check, even you. Go ahead tell me you would go to work if you didn't get paid, tell me you don't want health care insurance, and tell me you don't care about retirement, then I will call you just another Republican liar. You may not help public education by throwing money at it but you damn well won't help it by taking more money from it. I'm not sure how to fix education in Texas, but I'm just one man. But I then neither can all those highly intelligent Republicans in Austin, let's face it they have been in control for between twelve and fourteen years and they aren't even close. So come on NRH show us all even one thing that Perry and the rest of those greedy Republicans in Austin have fixed, just one.
Are you going to change your name to 'Democrat Stooge'?
We arent billions in debt like just about every other state in the country. I'm pretty happy with that one. Where was the moeny going to come from to keep spending where it was? More taxes? I know, lets go into debt like every other state (or issue IOU's like California did) and just pretend that everything is ok like it is.
"How are we going to pay off this debt?"
"Oh, dont worry about that, it will all work itself out."
"How?"
"Uhhh, stop asking questions you Republican puppet."
I dont see how raising taxes to throw more money at teacher salaires (and buy teacher union support and votes) will do anything to help education. They arent teaching our kids anything now, why should we pay them more? The US spends more per capita than any of the other industrialized nations and we still rank near the bottom in every category. So lets just throw more money at the problem?
And of course everyone works for those things (pay, pension, health care), whats your point? My point is that teachers are always saying they dont get paid enough, their benefits suck, etc. But they have it far better than a lot of people and should be aware of that.%15+ real unemployment, and how many people have guaranteed pensiions like teachers do? I bet a lot of people without a job would love to have it as "bad" as teachers do.
http://mat.usc.edu/u-s-education-versus-the-w...

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago has some of the highest paid teachers in the nation ($76K a year/avg). 75% of every dollar spent on education goes towards salaries. Where does their education system rank? Why do charter schools do better with less money?
Shoving more money at the problem doesn't neccesarily solve anything.
Damn I don't want to"shove money"at it. just going to give up? One way or another let's ADDRESS it.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Health care, pension and a paycheck? Sounds like teachers have it pretty bad to me. Maybe they shouldn't take the job if all they really care about is what's in it for them.
You obviously haven't seen a typical Texas teacher's paycheck after deductions. I have, and it ain't as much as you think it is. They contribute a hefty chunk of salary towards that healthcare and pension. Neither benefit is free.
Russ

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

test

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

So What wrote:
<quoted text>If the Gays can have their's why not?
ok

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Come on Ed don't bust his bubble, he thinks his Republican puppet masters always tell the truth when in fact I don't believe they can spell it much less tell it. Damn rich and greedy school teachers.
Texan give NRH some slack.I've seen all his posts.He may be a Republican but he's no Republican puppet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Damn I don't want to"shove money"at it. just going to give up? One way or another let's ADDRESS it.
I agree. Let the teachers teach. Quit dictating every bit of the curriculum. Give the teachers the learning objective and let them get there. Get rid of tenure and remove the ineffective teachers.
Whatever they are doing now isn't working.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Let the teachers teach. Quit dictating every bit of the curriculum. Give the teachers the learning objective and let them get there. Get rid of tenure and remove the ineffective teachers.
Whatever they are doing now isn't working.
Houston INDEPENDENT School District pays teachers based on the performance of their pupils.I don't know how long this has been going on.But I think not long enough to judge just yet.The better the students do the better the teacher gets paid.RIGHT now we are 49th.You made some good points.WE have to COMPETE!
obama

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

democrats

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,301 - 13,320 of20,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jacksonville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jacksonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance