Transgender man claims he's pregnant

Transgender man claims he's pregnant

There are 62 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Transgender man claims he's pregnant. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

Is the story of a pregnant man legit? It's a story that is making waves around the world - a man from Oregon who claims to be pregnant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#44 Mar 28, 2008
Jayne wrote:
Breast feeding?
His wife would have to induce that, or formula would have to be used. He already had the male chest reduction surgery which is a modified, radical double mastectomy. There is no way he can produce milk.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#45 Mar 28, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
I am sorry you seem to find some of my posts to be nasty. I simply believe that TSs belong in the mainstream community, and TGs need to remain in the LGBT community and recognize that they are not TSs (perhaps be thankful for and proud of that). I am part of the TS-Specific community which is my own invention. I have similar beliefs to the HBS or even CNI crowd, but I differ in the use of terminology. Most of my stuff is from independent invention because the whole TG/LGBT model has never fit my beliefs or needs, and I don't want or need the majority of what they claim to represent.
Unlike most you find on this subject, I invent my own wheel from scratch and make up my own mind. Nearly all TGs and over half the TSs let the "community" do their thinking for them. I don't. I am mostly a free-agent. Also, I am a person who has transition *AND* kept their moral values intact. I see so many who seem to have right wing, Christian, or anti-gay roots and then use transition as an excuse to walk away from who they really are to pretend to be someone popular. I see no contradiction to being Conservative, anti-gay, nor Christian and being a TS, and my model of TSism is inclusive of more true-TSs (those needing/having SRS) than the conventional one because it is more exclusive in other ways.
I was never pro-gay, and I needed a model that casts TSs as a part of the mainstream community. I see the LGBT and TG community as harmful to TSs. I have none of the mindless loyalty that all TGs and many to most TSs have towards LGBs nor TGs (when defined as everyone except TSs). I don't know how anyone can equate the birth defect of TSism with the choices of recreational CDing or any sexual-based lifestyle. That is something I inherently knew for much of my life.
If the LGBT/and TG community work for you, that is fine. But please, don't try to lump me in with those or with anyone who is lumped in with those nor use those terms to describe me. Nevertheless, I hope we share some wonderful communications and once you get to know me personally, things won't come across as offensive to you.
<quoted text>
all of which is fine, save for two things:

1 - I'm of the opinion that the entire LGB group is T. So are a great many of my peers in my field. Whether or not you choose to be grouped there, for the purpose of studying things, you will be. As will I. Doesn't change how we identify personally, but then, those labels were not created by us for us. THey were created by those who are not us in order to explain us to others who are not like us.

2 - Your position furthers the discrimination faced by the TS-Specific community, since, in the general culture, there is little perceived difference among any of the LGBT community (what is the most common slur used on a transsexual? Faggot).

All I'm going to say is that at least you aren't an HBS'er. I have an issue with , and I hate having to correct a sister or a brother.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#46 Mar 28, 2008
scuter pie wrote:
dyssonance
if you don't mind, would you please explain to me the difference, if any, between transgendered and transsexual ?
thank you in advance
Transgender is anyone who crosses a line of *gender*, the social conventions that outline social sex roles (or gender roles).

This would be someone, for example, who goes from living as a man to living as a woman.

Transsexual is anyone who crosses the line of *sex*, the physical structure that defines someone along the spectrum of male and female. This is done not only through surgery, but through hormones, ultimately changing the physiological mae u the individuals to that of the target sex.

It is quite possible (and I know a few) for a transsexual to *not* be transgender, and, of course, its very easy for a transgender person to not be a transsexual.

Hope that helps :D

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#47 Mar 28, 2008
Have you ever seen the movie 'Trans America'?
And I can't believe you spelled 'physiological', tell me, dad ya use a dictionary?

I could never spell that word right in 100 tries..

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#48 Mar 28, 2008
Sorry, my grammer sucks tonight, here's what I meant to write:
I can't believe you spelled 'physiological' correctly, did ya use a dictionary?

Ok, I hope that's better...

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#49 Mar 29, 2008
lol

no, I did not use a dictionary.

Sadly, there was one paper where I ended up have to use the word like 1000 times or some obscene number like that because it has a specific meaning and only it would do.

So while I've memorized that one, I still misspell because.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#50 Mar 29, 2008
and, apparently, I need to slow down in my typing, lol

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#51 Mar 29, 2008
Wouldnt it be nice if these sites had a built in spell check and grammer check? Then we'de all seem much smarter than we really are..lol

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#52 Mar 29, 2008
Gosh, I just noticed, your way up there in 'comments'. In about 3 days, I won't be on here nearly as much. But I've really enjoyed my time on here, and will check in very often.

I've learned so much about people, kind of.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#53 Mar 29, 2008
It's a nice place to talk with friends, but I don't tell any of mine that I'm on here, cause I often, like most, get out of character and write things I'de probably be embarraced for some of my friends to read.
But thats the beauty of this site, you can write abstracly, like a painter. You can explore.

Or like the theater, you can perform for a night or evening, step off stage, undress, and do it again the following day.

There's a certain theraputical value in that.(boy I really butcherd that word).

Anyways, have a good relaxed rest of the night...

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#54 Mar 29, 2008
heh.

Now see, the only catch there for me is I really talk like and about this stuff in daily life.

Drives my boss nuts, as she's a bit more, in her words, ghetto than I am.

The reason for my post count is that Ive done a LOT of this. over the last year and a bit. Add another, um, 7K posts to that and that's roughly my total. Originally posted under a different name for several months.

“I wanna be free...”

Happyville

#55 Mar 29, 2008
What are you going to do when you get to 10,000?

Ever wonder who will be the person to recieve your 10,000 post?
I wonder who recieved my 1000 post?

I should be sleeping, some nights I just can't sleep.

Nights are so quiet and still, I just wish I could stop all time, or delay for a while.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#56 Mar 29, 2008
cute guys wrote:
What are you going to do when you get to 10,000?
Ever wonder who will be the person to recieve your 10,000 post?
I wonder who recieved my 1000 post?
I should be sleeping, some nights I just can't sleep.
Nights are so quiet and still, I just wish I could stop all time, or delay for a while.
LOL

Prolly nothing except keep going.

If I'm aware of it at the time, it will likely be the one I call "wusspot".

I was sleeping, but in the halfway house biz, house managers have to check on clients at weird hours, lol
Pirion

Omaha, NE

#57 Mar 30, 2008
Alot of women sleep around...you cannot just blame it on the guys...

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#58 Mar 31, 2008
Dyssonance wrote:
<quoted text>
Transgender is anyone who crosses a line of *gender*, the social conventions that outline social sex roles (or gender roles).
This would be someone, for example, who goes from living as a man to living as a woman.
Transsexual is anyone who crosses the line of *sex*, the physical structure that defines someone along the spectrum of male and female. This is done not only through surgery, but through hormones, ultimately changing the physiological mae u the individuals to that of the target sex.
It is quite possible (and I know a few) for a transsexual to *not* be transgender, and, of course, its very easy for a transgender person to not be a transsexual.
Hope that helps :D
tremendously

thank you again

“throw em in a wood chipper”

Mountain View, CA

#59 Mar 31, 2008
The Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
http://youtube.com/watch...
ZZ Top Live 1982
lol zz top is a gay bitch! throw him in a woodchipper along with this preganant dude
Ronda Helms

AOL

#60 Apr 3, 2008
People Please. Why is this getting so much attention? I mean it isn't like he parted the waters or made the blind see. This "man" being pregnant is not some kind of miracle from God or anything.

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!! While you can say if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, and walks like a duck then it is a duck. This is just the opposite. Just because he looks like a man, talks like a man, and lives like a man doesn't make him a man.

This man and his wife are getting rich and their 15 minutes and probably laughing at all of you on their way to the bank. This "man" may look like a man on the outside but on the inside he is a WOMAN and therefore "he" has the ability to get pregnant and carry a baby. Please tell me what the big deal is here. It is not like "he" went bed as a woman and woke up as a man. "He" is a female and females have babies. This is not some miracle that deserves the attention that it is getting. Please tell me what is so fascinating about a woman getting pregnant and giving birth and just happens to "dress-up" as a man.
Diaper Phart

Buffalo, NY

#62 Feb 6, 2017
Baby on the way pharts.

“Vintage 1949”

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#63 Feb 6, 2017
Diaper Phart wrote:
Baby on the way pharts.
sup pizza roll?...

“Never underestimate a witch ..”

Since: May 13

It might be your undoing ....

#64 Feb 6, 2017
Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>
sup pizza roll?...
thought ole ho hum was to old to get pregnant ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will JFK's grandson become our first Jewish pre... May 12 yidfellas v USA 1
News Drive-By Shooting Suspects in Custody (Jul '07) May 9 how 9
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188
News Emergency services (Feb '13) Nov '13 Shanti Shanti 17
The secrets to success (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cuc Leigers 1
News Rodney Jahn dies at age 63 (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mourning 1
Debate: Obama-Economy - Jacksonville, OR (Mar '12) Mar '12 Whocoudadaknowed 1

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages