Transgender man claims he's pregnant

Transgender man claims he's pregnant

There are 57 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Transgender man claims he's pregnant. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

Is the story of a pregnant man legit? It's a story that is making waves around the world - a man from Oregon who claims to be pregnant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
skipper

Miramar Beach, FL

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Did the prayerfull one, move to oregon?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 25, 2008
I think Stonewall moved to Oregon

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#3 Mar 25, 2008
Hey Skipper, does Transgendered mean you were born with two sex organs, or does it mean you had a sex change?
I'm trying to figure this one out.
skipper

Miramar Beach, FL

#4 Mar 25, 2008
Their gender identity differs from their physical sex. Transgendered people are born this way and have no choice in who they are.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5 Mar 25, 2008
you can pregnant by swallowing??

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#6 Mar 25, 2008
that is a tough load to swallow there

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#7 Mar 25, 2008
now I know where that expression comes from

what expression you asked

"spitting image"

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#8 Mar 25, 2008
a whole new meaning to spitting out babies??

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#9 Mar 25, 2008
Ok, Barney, Fred, which one of ya is responsible for that comment? Where's my belt...
skipper

Miramar Beach, FL

#10 Mar 25, 2008
he might not like the idea of where the baby has to come out of (.)
Figgs

Miami, FL

#12 Mar 26, 2008
And Hillary was under heavy fire in Bosnia when she was off acting as the U.S.'s main diplomat in the region at the time...

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Figgs wrote:
And Hillary was under heavy fire in Bosnia when she was off acting as the U.S.'s main diplomat in the region at the time...
we all read and heard that , but what in the hell does that have to due with this thread??

is there a point you are trying to make here. if you are start a new thread.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#14 Mar 26, 2008
I am in trouble due for do , I am in the due do now

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Dec 07

and the American Way

#15 Mar 26, 2008
skipper wrote:
Did the prayerfull one, move to oregon?
Lets hope so...I would hate to think it had a twin.
really serious

Monroe, MI

#16 Mar 26, 2008
tallyho wrote:
you can pregnant by swallowing??
Ha Ha Ha, this made me laugh so hard.
I love reading these funny remarks! Thanks
:O)
BC in Chicago

Vernon Hills, IL

#17 Mar 26, 2008
This was originally a woman who had a sex change but retained his (her?) female sex organs. "He" then got married (?????), but "his" wife could not get pregnant (duh!). So "he" decided to have the baby. Went off his "male" meds and voila!

Since: Feb 07

Lansdale, PA

#18 Mar 26, 2008
BC in Chicago wrote:
This was originally a woman who had a sex change but retained his (her?) female sex organs. "He" then got married (?????), but "his" wife could not get pregnant (duh!). So "he" decided to have the baby. Went off his "male" meds and voila!
WOW! That is all kinds of complicated. I guess they leave everything else in there when they do the reassignment surgery?

Should make an interesting story to tell the kid growing up.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#19 Mar 26, 2008
Yobyag wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! That is all kinds of complicated. I guess they leave everything else in there when they do the reassignment surgery?
Should make an interesting story to tell the kid growing up.
possible , because I was shocked to find out my uncle Tony was really my auntie Tonette at night.
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#20 Mar 26, 2008
cute guys wrote:
Hey Skipper, does Transgendered mean you were born with two sex organs, or does it mean you had a sex change?
I'm trying to figure this one out.
This persons is actually a female to male transsexual. This is a person who has always felt like a male and had male interests from birth and wanted to do male activities despite having been born with female reproductive organs. Like any "normal" couple, this guy born wrongly with female parts and his wife want to have a child. Either way, the sperm would have to come from a donor, since neither are capable of fathering a child. However, the wife is also incapable of pregnancy, and since he has a working uterus and all, he has agreed to stop taking his male hormones and bear the child. Now, the wife will have to feed the child if breast-feeding is to be done, assuming she can start lactating. Motilium (domperidone) could be given for that. The reason he cannot breast feed is because he had his breasts removed.

Transgender really means someone who refuses to complete transition. People want to say that transgender is a political term for all who are different in terms of gender, and many to most transsexuals refuse to be included under it. I know TSs who get offended being called a TG or a type of LGBT. Now, transgender if being used to refer to everyone EXCEPT transsexuals. So anyone who doesn't want/need corrective surgery is transgender, but those who need those who need those procedures is a TS.

A person who gets a sex change is properly known as a transsexual regardless of the stage of treatment. A person is born a transsexual, and I cringe every time someone wants to become a transsexual. That is never the goal for the true transsexual. The purpose of transition is to become normal, becoming a transsexual is not a goal. Anyone who says they want to "become" a transsexual should not be allowed to do so. The surgeries are for those who don't want to be transsexuals, but normal.

There is no word for someone who has had the surgery. That is a myth that refuses to die. You are born a transsexual and remain one for life, it is just that the surgeries give you a greater chance for being normal and accepted as a member of the gender you have believed yourself to be all your life. So a preop transsexual is one before the surgery, and a postop transsexual is one after the surgery. There is not a separate word for someone who has had the surgery. By then, they usually shun the term TS completely and simply say they are what they believe themselves to be, a woman in the case of many, or in the case of this story, a man.
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#21 Mar 26, 2008
Now, while here, you may hear the term non-op TS, and that is deceptive. If you break down the word, trans+ refers to crossing, and +sexual refers to the body parts below as opposed to gender (mind and identity). So you are physically changing from one outward sex to the other. The term TS was first coined by a reporter in the late 50's to refer to those who needed the surgery in order to function in society and feel whole. Later on, after Stonewall, transgender was invented by a TS-hating crossdresser. He hated TSs and felt he was better than other crossdressers.

Male to female transgenderists, despite what they claim, behave like men. They also enjoy keeping their parts of birth. And many will lie and claim to be transsexuals or even lesbians when they are not. Transgenders have hated TSs for years and being men inside despite choosing to dress every day as women, it is no surprise that they have forced their terminology onto TSs and insist that they are TGs too so the MtF TGs (feminized men) can boss, abuse, and control the MtF TSs (women born with male parts). They refuse to admit that they think and act like men (or neither gender) and that TS were born acting and thinking like women. The MtF transgender male (born with male parts and wants to keep them) has such a twisted need for control and being thought of being a woman when they are not, that some of them get the surgeries intended for transsexuals, and with disastrous results.

There are transsexuals who cannot get the surgeries, but I would never call them non-ops. Being a "non-op" is always about choice. I would call those who cannot get the surgeries preop TSs, because they would get the surgery if they could. If they were healthier, had more money, or whatever other obstacle was gone, they'd get it in a heartbeat.

Most of what I said was from the view of MtF transsexuals, or women who were wrongly born with male parts. Things are more complicated for FtM transsexuals. For them, complete surgical transformation involves breast removal, a "complete" hysterectomy, and the creation of male external parts. Due to the expense and much greater health risks and problems than for those transitioning to female, many legitimate FtM transsexuals refuse one or two of the three surgeries. The guy in the story only had the breasts removed. He did not have his uterus removed nor a penis created. He might do that after having a child or so.

Due to the power imbalance and the differing drives between males and females, the dynamics of transition are different. If a male to female doesn't want the surgery, then I see it as suspect, and consider this as a guy trying to be something he is not. Most who say they are "transsexuals" when they are transgendered instead are after some sort of sexual fetish. But since the fetish aspect is mostly missing among women, then a female to male who doesn't get the surgery, especially as bad as the FtM procedures are, is not as suspicious to me. There is less of a problem among FtMs of calling oneself a TS when one is just a TG, and less of a problem with sexual fetishists trying to transition.

If an MtF TG wrongly gets the MtF TS surgery, then any fetish would be self-limiting. If you have a fetish for MtF sex-reassignment surgery, then the surgery would destroy the parts needed to appreciate the fetish. That could be problematic if the person who wrongly gets the surgery decides to commit suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home invasion robbery suspect arrested Jun 25 Mariecruse 1
News Ex-strip club owner jailed after commotion at p... Jun 22 mopper 1
The Way it Goes Jun 18 The Mention 1
News Walmart thief lassoed: Rancher on horseback tak... Jun 13 Donna Bevck 1
Child Rear View Jun 8 Introspective 1
kpmomof789 Kate parker speak up about your no l... (Mar '14) Jun 5 Blynn 17
News Emergency services (Feb '13) Nov '13 Shanti Shanti 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages