Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1954 Mar 18, 2014
You might want to check in to make sure he has your materials.
Wowza95 wrote:
Last month, I emailed Detective Winters some correspondence I had with Kate, among other things, in the course of several emails. I never got a response from him. Has anyone else emailed with him and had him reply? I assume he got them, as I never got an email bounced back saying it was the wrong address. I imagine he's a busy person.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1955 Mar 18, 2014
The timeline as I believe it to be---

Joshua is hospitalized. Kate posts of over meds (he was weaned from the large amount of meds quickly which is weird to me). He is moved to a floor room. Hospital has issue with Kate and Joshua is subsequently removed. Kate is no longer online, ostensibly because of the haters.

Bethany was then removed.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1956 Mar 18, 2014
The Truth Blog probably has the documents.
Questions

Cottage Grove, OR

#1957 Mar 18, 2014
Cassie-Confused wrote:
Questions. You are soooo reaching now. We can get all the context we need from all her previous writings and you know it. So you have to fish. You no longer believe in your beloved Kate so must speak a bunch on nonsense! Its okay, you can admit it we won't judge.
Aww, Admit it your stating to like me. The only people you don't judge here, are those you like!
Obviously you don't get the context from the many other post you read, or you wouldn't now find yourselves wallowing in this self pitying board, claiming you were duped. The context you claim, was always there, and you seemed fine with it till it all went dark , and with no real explanation you let your little imaginations run wild. Add to the mix a few unfortunate players and we have a full blow brew going here.
The Contexts never changes, you did.
So no fishing.
I still have yet to be swayed.
I believe that baring real Proof, not theoretical stuff, and conjunctures;
Kate Is Innocent, and on a Hell ride straight from CPS.
Some of you know Exactly what I Am talking about.
Unless Of course we all Believe that CPS Never Lies,
But I don't think everyone believes that now do they?
Questions

Cottage Grove, OR

#1958 Mar 18, 2014
justsayin wrote:
Clearly, Questions concern does not lie with the welfare of any child, but with the desperate need for attention. Reminds me of 'someone'.
Firstly - My first concerned is the Health, Safety and Welfare of children, especially this family.

Secondly - If your trying to Implied once again that I could be Kate or direct family.
Ask Madi, and I'm sure she'll help you understand why that couldn't be the case.She words it so much better then I can, so you can understand. Hope this helps
Cassie-Confused

Taylorville, IL

#1959 Mar 18, 2014
Didn't even read your entire posts cause I am sick of the blah blah blah nonsense. But no I don't judge anyone. Not even judging Kate that's not my job. Just trying to figure out what is going on with her children. What in her posts was real/fake/exaggerated.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1960 Mar 19, 2014
momtomyboys wrote:
The timeline as I believe it to be---
Joshua is hospitalized. Kate posts of over meds (he was weaned from the large amount of meds quickly which is weird to me). He is moved to a floor room. Hospital has issue with Kate and Joshua is subsequently removed. Kate is no longer online, ostensibly because of the haters.
Bethany was then removed.
That matches my memory/understanding of things too.

First Joshua, then Bethany (not sure when though), then the others (I thought they were taken a couple weeks or so after Joshua, but thinking back, I'm not sure if this was my impression or whether someone said this explicitly.)

I thought the rapid weaning from the narcotics was odd too. Definitely lots of room for lies/exaggeration.
But thinking about it a bit more, I think it could be true based on something my husband went through after an injury. He had a compound fracture with his leg due to a skiing accident and he was in a lot of pain so they gave him lots of narcotic painkillers for the course of a few months when they did a series of surgeries.
But it turns out he was super sensitive to them -- something they didn't realize was due to the pain meds for a few weeks since he was on a whole bunch of meds.
Then, when they lowered his dosage, he felt 10x better. No withdrawal or anything, but the pain was still nicely controlled, plus he wasn't all sleepy and dopey. They said it was because he was getting more than his body needed.
So eliminating that excess actually made him feel better, rather than causing withdrawal or allowing more pain.

So if Joshua was getting lots more than his body needed, it seems like it could be possible that they could eliminate that "excess" medication from the equation with little, if any, negative consequence.

Or perhaps those massive dosages were all lies. Who knows.

That's what's so frustrating with this case.
We KNOW Kate wove threads of truth and lies throughout her story. That's what made her so believable! I think we tend to see that Fact A is true and that makes us more likely to believe that Facts B, C and D are true too.
It's so difficult trying to figure out what's truth and what's lies. I can only imagine what the detectives are faced with unraveling.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1961 Mar 19, 2014
SLF wrote:
Unfortunately, due to some circumstances that were out of our control we lost our kids to CPS for 27 days in 2004.....
I'm sorry to hear this,@SLF.

Thank you for sharing. I think it's nice to know where everyone is coming from with their experiences and whatnot. I find it helps me understand each person's perspective better, you know? Our opinions and views are very much colored by our own life experiences.

That must have been so terrifying for you and your entire family. Every parent's nightmare, really. I'm glad to hear everything worked out in the end.:-)

Thankfully, these cases are rare (where the kids are taken from the home wrongfully.)
No agency is perfect, as no human is perfect. And I understand why they err on the side of removing the kids if the initial investigation reveals a possible problem -- it's their intention to keep the kids safe (and in many states, they're legally responsible if a problem is reported and a child is injured or killed as a result of that problem because they weren't removed from the home.)
But indeed, it's frightening to think of losing your kids because someone else made untrue (or even malicious) allegations.

To be clear, I don't think this is the case here with Kate.
I've seen enough evidence from Kate's own words to prove that those kids were in danger, particularly Bethany and Joshua.

Kate proved she was unable/unwilling to deal with Bethany's behavioral issues appropriately; she was satisfied to simply ignore her.
And she provided minimal treatments to Bethany. A child like Bethany should have been enrolled in intensive OT, PT, and with a psychologist/psychiatrist to help her work through everything and achieve her full potential.

And Joshua had developed significant behavioral issues too. Kate clearly indicated she could not and would not parent a child who rejected her. Yet she clearly stated at the end that Joshua was kicking, biting, screaming and *rejecting* others who tried to do anything that didn't agree with him.
We saw how she handled Bethany. How would she have handled Joshua?
Was she drugging him to the gills to suppress those behaviors/outbursts? That's an interesting point to consider, indeed.

She also admitted to accessing Joshua's port and giving Joshua's narcotics to Bethany. Huge problem. And a huge danger to all of the kids if she decided to play Dr. Kate, giving another child a drug that proves to be harmful or even deadly. So a definite risk there.

So while CPS does certainly make mistakes, I don't believe that was the case here.
I definitely believe that it was a wise decision to remove those kids from the home. And that's just based on the information we know from the "outside"; I'm sure CPS is privy to lots, lots more information.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1962 Mar 19, 2014
I meant to add....

That document on the screening process and the conditions that must be met for CPS to remove children from the home is quite enlightening.

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/docs/OSCA/cpsd/c...

It details all the different conditions that must be met to remove a child. I just wonder which points applied to this case!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1963 Mar 19, 2014
Madi,

I agree about the medication and possible lies. I am no medication expert. I would imagine that if Joshua was a complicated as Kate described that the weaning of the medication was not as simple due to the multiple meds he was allegedly on. But, we are at the "who knows" point based on how honest Kate was about his medications.

SLF,

Having CPS step in must have been heartbreaking for you. I have seen my fair share of appropriate removals over time. The safety of children trumps the level of discomfort. I think. I am glad that you had a good result.
Questions

Eugene, OR

#1964 Mar 19, 2014
Cassie-Confused wrote:
Didn't even read your entire posts cause I am sick of the blah blah blah nonsense. But no I don't judge anyone. Not even judging Kate that's not my job. Just trying to figure out what is going on with her children. What in her posts was real/fake/exaggerated.
If you don't have the decency to read my whole post, at least have the courtesy to not respond till you do. Saves you from looking foolish too
As to Kates Kids, from what we've heard here they are doing well in there present situation.
As to her posts, Sadly only Kate will ever truly know. Well her and God, and it's not for you to divine such, so let it go
Cassie-Confused

Taylorville, IL

#1965 Mar 19, 2014
How did I look foolish? I responded to the part I read about how I must like you because I said I won't judge you. I don't.
And yes we have had heard they are doing well, I would like to learn for sure.
If you have nothing important to add to this board, why don't you just "let it go".

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1966 Mar 19, 2014
Cassie-Confused,

Sometimes things just feel pointless.
Questions

Veneta, OR

#1967 Mar 19, 2014
Cassie-Confused wrote:
How did I look foolish? I responded to the part I read about how I must like you because I said I won't judge you. I don't.
And yes we have had heard they are doing well, I would like to learn for sure.
If you have nothing important to add to this board, why don't you just "let it go".
:) you make me smile:)

doors always open
SLF

Eugene, OR

#1968 Mar 19, 2014
Wow! Questions! You never cease to amaze me with your idiocy!
Random

Philippines

#1969 Mar 20, 2014
SLF wrote:
Wow! Questions! You never cease to amaze me with your idiocy!
And you, SLF, never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1970 Mar 20, 2014
Random wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, SLF, never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.
Ha! Faith or one of Faith's friends?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#1972 Mar 20, 2014
Random questions?
Cassie-Confused

Taylorville, IL

#1973 Mar 20, 2014
Im thinking so
Nat

United States

#1974 Mar 20, 2014
Haha, good call. Good job Faith!
Madi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Faith or one of Faith's friends?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Littering Along the Rogue Mon joisey5 1
So close to homeless Aug 3 yes 2
News Man pleads no contest to stealing over $260k fr... Jun '17 good day 1
News Grants Pass elderly woman facing no cause eviction Jun '17 good day 1
News Will JFK's grandson become our first Jewish pre... May '17 Antisemitic 2
Armpit Airline May '17 All seeing eye 1
News Transgender man claims he's pregnant (Mar '08) Feb '17 TheJerseyDevil 62

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages