McGregorFan

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2016
I just moved into jacksonville and have a 3 yr old that will be starting preschool. Unfortunately, the only "preschools" I can find are westfair kiddie kollege and headstart. Headstart is 8:30 to 2:30 or 9:30 to 3:30, while westfair can go all the way til 5:30 if needed, but costs about 100 bucks a week.
I don't get off work until 4 in beardstown and make it home around 4:30, so I guess I have a few questions:
1) are there any other preschools that can accommodate my work schedule? Preferable not a private school that's expensive like westfair.
2)any body have experience with headstart? Can they ride the bus to daycare? Will it average out to cost just as much as westfair?

Please comment with any advice, help, personal experiences with a similar situation, any to help me figure this out. I am a single father and my child's other half doesn't offer any financial support and is barely in the picture, so that's why it's important I find the best school times/financial option. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unjustly Terminated (Jul '14) 9 hr Corps 3
Why is Jim Birdsell still Chief of Police in As... (Mar '10) Mar '18 Kristyne29 10
News Veterans with mental illnesses sue Navy over di... Mar '18 anonymous 1
Ashland Murder (Dec '08) Feb '18 bballbillh1950 584
Lacey P and Sammy Bunch (Nov '17) Nov '17 bitch 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Sep '17 HogWash 58
Jacksonville (Jul '17) Sep '17 Sadie Hawkins 3

Jacksonville Jobs

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages