Hunt on for gravesite cleaners

Hunt on for gravesite cleaners

There are 3 comments on the Langley Advance story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Hunt on for gravesite cleaners. In it, Langley Advance reports that:

Lindsay Regan of the Langley Centennial Museum worked to clean off the McDonald family headstone at the Murrayville Cemetery on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Langley Advance.

Grave Site Business

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2010
A measured approach is best when cleaning tombstones. Too many people 'think' they are being helpful by cleaning tombstones with inappropriate cleaning supplies. Please, at least learn the basics before attempting to clean tombstones.

GraveSiteBusiness.com has great information on tombstone cleaning.
racefanrob

Danville, KY

#2 Aug 31, 2010
I wish I lived nearer so I could volunteer. My parnents are burried in the White Hall Cemtery. And I have close relatives and ancestors all over Greene County. My great great great great grandfather James Garrison who fought in the American Revolutionary War is burried in the Wilmington (Patterson) Cemetery. My Maternal Grandparents are in the Carter Cemetery south of Carrollton, as is her Grandparents and so on. My last Uncle on Mom's side just past away in May and he was laid to rest their with his Mother and Father. My Families settled Greene County years ago. I am a decendent of Martin Pruitt (a Revolutionary War Vet) who brought his family to St. Claire County, Illinois in 1806. His Grandson settled in Patterson Township in the 1820s. My Dad's great Grandad, Stephen Chapman came from Tennessee by way of Boone County, Missouri in 1830 to Walkerville Township. That were much of his family was born even some of my elder siblings in the 1930s. Mom's Maternal Great Great Grandfather John Stephen Gano's family road in a wagon from Berkley County,Virginia in 1841. His Grandfather James Gona served in the American Revolutioary War. My Mother's Paternal Great Grandfather Eli Crum (whom I am said to favor) brought his family in 1847 by covered wagon to Palmyra, Illinois from Clarke County, Indiana where he grew up on the 100 acre farm his Father recieved as Bounty for serving in the American Revolutionary War. The Crums migrated to Greene County. A enormous amount of my Family Tree rest in Greene County, Illinois. I would sure like to know if anyone finds my Great Great Gandfather Stephen Chapman (I always have suspected he is in the Wood Cemetery with his first Wife Nancy Wood Chapman) as well as his son, my Great Grandfather Stephen Douglas Chapman. He died November 6, 1895 at age 40. That was six days after the Halloween Earthquake.
I plan to make it up there to do some research soon, in the next year or two ?
Eric

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Feb 13, 2017
Hello, I've been searching Stephan Chapman as well. Have you had any luck?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unjustly Terminated (Jul '14) Aug 19 Corps 3
Why is Jim Birdsell still Chief of Police in As... (Mar '10) Mar '18 Kristyne29 10
News Veterans with mental illnesses sue Navy over di... (Mar '18) Mar '18 anonymous 1
Ashland Murder (Dec '08) Feb '18 bballbillh1950 584
Lacey P and Sammy Bunch (Nov '17) Nov '17 bitch 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Sep '17 HogWash 58
Jacksonville (Jul '17) Sep '17 Sadie Hawkins 3

Jacksonville Jobs

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages