created by: Mr Logic in Jax | Sep 4, 2012

Jacksonville, FL

66 votes

Are you better off today than 4 years ago?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • About the Same
  • Unsure

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
ROSSI 46

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oooh I'm. First. Ok so easy even a cavemen can do this. Are fu@#ing kidding. Let me count the ways. NO.NADA. ZIP. HELL NO. NO WAY. NO MAS. F.U. O. KICK A ROCK. BIMHO no thank you sir I would. Not like another term of turd. You know the old saying. You. Can Polish a turd. But underneath you stil got a turd. And this one makes. My cats nuggets smell like roses.
Bad State

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Obama has many people under his spell. They're so busy blaming Bush for the economy, they don't even notice that right under their nose Obama is giving away the farm to Wall Street as America's middle class and Main Street are dying. A better question will be, "Will things be better in 2016 if Obama gets another 4 years?" By then the dollar will be worthless and gas prices will be $10 a gallon. Going to blame that on Bush too? Wake up America. The whole world may suffer if you don't.
Freewheeling_bob dylan

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 14, 2012
 
Getting better all the time

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

What an interesting question,“Am I better off”

I will speak for me the Yes is “YES” I am finically better off. But why am I better off and did a government play a major row.

1. I did take a higher paying position however two others were laid off and several functions consolidated due in part to the down turn in the Economy.
2. Personal debt, I purchased my house in 1990 and will have the mortgage paid off in about 2 ½ years. My wife and I did not purchase a house whose purchase price was artificially inflated by buyers who should have been unqualified (Thank you Government thru Fannie Mae and Freddie Max).
3. Out of pocket expenses are higher due to increase taxes and fees by government. Gas is higher, food is higher partly caused by nature and partly by government.
4. My credit rating is better however, lenders are far less willing to lend due to the economy?

We could go on however; back to the original question “Am I better off” the answer is a three part answer.
Am I better off today finically? Yes

Do I feel this will continue under the current governmental policies? NO

As an America Citizen who appreciates, freedom, liberty and personal responsibility do I feel I have more of or the same amount of as I did 4 years ago? Resounding NO!
Crimson Dynamo

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 20, 2012
 
Yes, the stock market is better, housing seems to be getting better but gas is up and I drive a lot of miles.
I can't say that Obama had anything to do with it, but it appears that we are making a turn for the better. Not quick enough but a positive turn.
Jax

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 20, 2012
 
Crimson Dynamo wrote:
Yes, the stock market is better, housing seems to be getting better but gas is up and I drive a lot of miles.
I can't say that Obama had anything to do with it, but it appears that we are making a turn for the better. Not quick enough but a positive turn.
The stock market has shown slight gains.

The housing market is still in the tank. Homes worth 150k four years ago are now worth 85k (at best).
Crimson Dynamo

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
The stock market has shown slight gains.
The housing market is still in the tank. Homes worth 150k four years ago are now worth 85k (at best).
Stock???....slights gains since when? Do you follow the market?
Check out from Oct 2008 thru today. Obama was elected in Nov. 2008 and was Pres on Jan 20th 2009. You don't have to give him any credit but if the market was down, who would get the credit?
Housing prices are gaining...slowly but they are.
You might want to look "when" the real estate market tanked.
It has improved since the bottom, as a matter of fact my real estate mutual fund is showing gains too.
Jax

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Crimson Dynamo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stock???....slights gains since when? Do you follow the market?
Check out from Oct 2008 thru today. Obama was elected in Nov. 2008 and was Pres on Jan 20th 2009. You don't have to give him any credit but if the market was down, who would get the credit?
Housing prices are gaining...slowly but they are.
You might want to look "when" the real estate market tanked.
It has improved since the bottom, as a matter of fact my real estate mutual fund is showing gains too.
Yes, the stock market. That is accurate. Annualized gains are down, and that is what matters not returns. Returns can be up with zero annualized gains. Are you watching?

The housing market is worse now than it has been in decades. Home values have gone down consistently. Very few areas have seen a fraction of an "increase," and Florida is not one of those states.
Crimson Dynamo

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the stock market. That is accurate. Annualized gains are down, and that is what matters not returns. Returns can be up with zero annualized gains. Are you watching?
The housing market is worse now than it has been in decades. Home values have gone down consistently. Very few areas have seen a fraction of an "increase," and Florida is not one of those states.
OK...so at what point were annualized gains up and "what happened" to them as for as your crystal ball is concerned?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Jacksonville Forum right now

Search the Jacksonville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lessons from Vietnam and Afganland 3 hr noshellswill 1
Georgia - Baby Left in Car Dies (Jul '07) 11 hr Mee 363
President Obamas speech last nigt 15 hr King of wisdom 2
Patriot act needs to go. 16 hr noshellswill 8
Pain Management 22 hr menah 1
Bytch Brownski wants to know ... Thu noshellswill 1
trashing libcomz sluttts Thu noshellswill 1
•••
•••
•••
Jacksonville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jacksonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jacksonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jacksonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jacksonville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••