St. Augustine Residents Say a UFO Flew Over Their Homes

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article ST. AUGUSTINE, FL - " Locals in St. Augustine are used to planes flying over head, after all they are close to an airport. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
chuckw

Cape Coral, FL

#146 Apr 22, 2008
i'm always enterested in this subject! i know there are a lot of closed minds out there but even though i'm not religious, i'm spiritual! i look at it like this? we're all all like microbes floating around in a giant gold fish bowl and god is the gold fish! because if not for him us microbes would not excist? so we just float along in it's wake and maybe we bump in to each other every now and again! even though we don't know each other excist! so we don't reconize each other as excisting and no way to communicate! so we remain a mystery to each other!{as a child i used to lye in the grass and stare at the stars and iv'e seen strange things!}i'm not for or against these people beleiveing what they saw but we all could binefit from being a little more open minded!! like i beleive it was Carl Sagan that said if there's nothing else out there! what a great waste of space!! kinda like golf courses in my opinion!! lol!!!
Cris

United States

#147 Apr 22, 2008
I was at the wedding in St. Augustine where these sky lanterns were released. Sorry folks...not ufo's. Three lanterns were released into the sky carrying wishes for the couple. And they weren't spotted in Germany...it was German relatives at the wedding who released the lanterns.
Cris

United States

#148 Apr 22, 2008
Nick wrote:
man i hate all the ridicule that follows these sightings. everyone simply comes out and makes fun of it like if nothing happened. half you people are so uneducated and closed minded that it blows my mind
Sorry Nick...I was at the wedding where these balloons were released. They were sky lanterns, not UFO's. They were spectacular to see though! A beautiful tradition.
Cris

United States

#149 Apr 22, 2008
Believer wrote:
Sorry, but the orange orbs have been proven to be flares.
Actually, sorry to correct YOU. They were not flares. They were sky lanterns released at a wedding I attended in St. Augustine. German relatives of the groom released three of them into the night sky with wishes for the happy couple attached. It was beautiful to see but was not UFO's or flares.
Cris

United States

#150 Apr 22, 2008
Katrina wrote:
i swear i was there.... i actually saw three of them- 2 very close in time-- and then a 3rd that followed not shortly after
they were moving very fast and were very indescribable
Sorry to disappoint you but theser were not UFO's...although you are right, there were 3 of them. They were sky balloons released at a wedding I attended in St. Augustine that night. The groom's German relatives released the sky lanterns with wishes for the happy couple attached. The balloons carry the wishes to the heavens. It was simply stunning to see and an amazing crowd amassed outside the courtyard where the wedding was held to watch them launch. But, that's all they were. Sorry.
Cris

United States

#151 Apr 22, 2008
Lauren wrote:
The lanterns were sent up as part of a wedding ceremony. I can't name the wedding party because I did not attend it. However, it the reception of the wedding was outside the Cathedral-Basilica and could be seen from St. George street.
I hope the happy couple is getting a kick out of the fact that everyone thinks their lanterns are UFOs.
Actually, the wedding was at the Pena Peck House and the wedding couple is getting a HUGE kick out of all this UFO talk. I was a guest in attendance and we're all laughing pretty hard right now.:O) These were just sky lanterns released by the groom's family with wishes for the happy couple attached.
Kathy

Tampa, FL

#152 Apr 24, 2008
we were there saturday night april 19 and saw the same thing off in a distance around 9:30 and there where 3 of them.
Mdecas

Gouverneur, NY

#153 Apr 25, 2008
My 2 friends and I were on our way back to Jacksonville from St. Augustine on the A1A...we saw the same thing and wondered what they were. I was a tourist so I didn't think much of it until I saw the articles on both these lights and the Phoenix lights...I have never had an experiance like this before...weird!
Larry Hassell

United States

#154 Apr 26, 2008
They WERE sky laterns from My Dauthers wedding. Mr&Mrs Heinrich lit them, it seems its a German tradition.

“It is all about truth!”

Since: Dec 07

Yulee, FL

#155 May 7, 2008
franklin wrote:
I saw what would match this description.
only it was last year in july about 9 p.m.
strange that the two objects moved so slow and remained the same distance apart.
they were moving east southeast. I watched them for about 15 minutes.
btw, I called t.v. 12 news to see if it had been seen by tim deegan. they said no, he was in the parking lot banging donna in a news van.
Actually that was an intern. Donna was inside.

“"YES WE CAN"”

Since: May 08

St.Augustine,FL

#156 May 8, 2008
Capt Buzz wrote:
St. Augustine - A quaint drinking village with a UFO problem.
too funny..make a very cool t-shirt too.

“"YES WE CAN"”

Since: May 08

St.Augustine,FL

#157 May 8, 2008
kparcell wrote:
Laura, I'm glad to hear you can be sure this wasn't caused by the fireworks. How about the afterburners?
By the way, mean people do suck, but it's pointless to chastise them because it feeds their demons. Just don't take it personally. You are a good person to stand up and point at the peculiar event you experienced. I live in Saint Augustine and I'm always glad to discover people like you.
and I'm very glad to know people like you and her exsist! I too live here, and since it's so awesome to call this home, i guess it's all that more difficult to think 'meaness' can be even here right? I dont know,maybe thats it. wow and for me,speaking of niceness, anyone who actually spells 'saint' instead of the usual 'St.'has to be kind,patient and super cool!
Jim

New York, NY

#158 Jan 11, 2013
Grace wrote:
My husband and I observed a real UFO in at a Naval Communication Station in Sidi Yahia, Morocco in 1968. Believe me, they are real.
Hi Grace,
I was at Sidi in May 1968 and remember that night. I was working out at the receivers site and didn't see anything. I do remember coming up (we were underground) and the Marine Sentry was as nervous as a cat. He told me what he had seen and of course their was a buzz around the base for weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do blacks think white people owe them (Nov '07) 3 hr brain 795
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) 10 hr I Saw You Fart 143
House Dems Fret Debilitating Losses 13 hr noshellswill 2
Rick Scott - before you vote 13 hr noshellswill 2
Bas*ard slut Obama.nation needs to be deported 13 hr noshellswill 1
Barkley says it all 16 hr Mr Logic in Jax 4
Ebola in Jacksonville Tue I Saw That 1
Jacksonville Dating
Find my Match

Jacksonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jacksonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jacksonville

Personal Finance