My 2009 Top 10 Jacksonville Female Br...

My 2009 Top 10 Jacksonville Female Broadcasters List

Posted in the Jacksonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
News Watcher

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 12, 2009
Based on a year of news viewing on a fairly regular basis....
1. Celine MacArthur - well, it took a while for me to wise up, but once she dropped the bluish/purple eye shade, that did it for me. What's not to like about her? Sure, her delivery is a little halting, but she more than makes up for it with that pixie style hair and big blue eyes. Not to mention her incredible physical conditioning and her penchant for extreme playtime, such as skydiving. Seems like a really cool chick to know.
2. Dawn Lopez - no one has taken her native sexiness and run further with it this past year than Dawn. Beautiful clear skin, teeth so white you could read in the dark off them, a really nice bod (at least what can be seen), and a huge step forward in professionalism make her this market's African-American version of Beverly Brooks. And that's a good thing, IMO.
3. Casey Black - she is still fetching, but has a tendency to editorialize a little when reporting. A little too much pancake makeup these days, but still looks mighty good. And, of course, always a professional (when not editorializing/opining).
4. Laura Mazzeo - this is the up-and-comer here, IMO. Really starting to get comfortable behind the camera, both with the reporting and within her own skin. She has a reserved sexiness that is very appealing.
5. Leslie Coursey - still one of the most beautiful people on camera here in Jax, I wish she would do some anchoring so we could see more of her.
6. Paige Kelton - totally a cutie-pie face girl, but she also is very personable when reporting the news. A little mischief wrapped up in that package somewhere.
7. Diane Cho - best on-air female hair in Jax, but sometimes she's a little stiff when reporting. Too robotic. Visually, tho, she's got the goods.
8. Rebecca Barry - IMO, the most naturally beautiful face of everyone mentioned here. Dimples are incredibly cute, hair is classic beach blonde. However, if they could somehow adjust the broadcast so that the head and the rest of her were proportionally sized, then she'd be totally rocking. Very personable delivery, sounds like she's enjoying herself.
9. Kristin Cosby - she has gotten a lot better as she's gotten more anchor time. Another CBS47/Fox30 anchor with incredibly clear skin (must all be on birth control over there), and really nice facial features. Tends to contort her mouth a little too much when enunciating, tho. Of course, if you like twisted and contorting mouths, then she's your gal.
10. Staci Spanos - ok, a lot of you may not agree, but I still think Staci is pretty sexy. Particularly after having her kids; her face/head is actually shaped a little differently than it was pre-children, and IMO, it's an improvement. She's always been one of the best at delivering the news, IMO. And doesn't editorialize like her deskmate Ms. Black.
Just missed.....
Julie Watkins - I actually thought she was sexier when she was carrying a few extra pounds during her first go-round here in Jax. Looks a little gaunt now, and a little more jaded about the business in general. She doesn't seem to be enjoying herself on camera like she used to.
Michelle Jacobs - yeow! She has enrolled in the Donna Hicken spray tan brigade. She's on my list becasue I really liked her at CBS47, but geez! TV-12 has her looking like a sunburned tourist. They need to fire the makeup staff over there.
Aeshia K Faynes (or whatever)- she's actually pretty hot, but too much of a self-absorbed goofball to be taken seriously, even with traffic. She's on this list cause she has killer waxed thighs.
Ashley Townsend - Ashley left in midyear, so I included her here. Don't know where she went, but had she stayed, I'm pretty certain she would be anchoring by now. A cutie who improved by leaps and bounds while she was here.
Richard Nunn - do I really have to say anything else?
Noticibly absent from my list of 10. Anyone from WTLV-12/ABC-25. Wise up, station manager.
Tim the Whether Man

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jan 12, 2009
hey...where's Donna on this list? Donna! Hey! what are you doing in the back of that car?!? OMG!!! OMG!!! Not with Roger Weeder! I have a reputation to promote!
flash

Huntersville, NC

#3 Jan 13, 2009
On a side note. Donna Higgin Deagon changed her name again to Donna Higgin Deagon Weeder.
Tim the Whether Man

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jan 13, 2009
Donna! not Dave Valore too?!? oh, geez....well, while your at it, check to see if that's his real hair color. No? I knew it was a piece!
boogaloo

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jan 14, 2009
26.2 men with Donna

SWM

Since: Aug 08

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Excellent and very correct summary of the dismal TV reporting situation here in Goober County, Florida.

Channels 12 & 25 spend most of their time with chick marathons and buddy check feel em up programs so they don't ever have to invest in hard reporters or news helicopters or actual in depth news reporting.

A little of that stuff goes a LONG way folks. We tune in to watch some NEWS not smiley face feel nicer stuff to make idiots feel good and forget about how about 1/3 of the residents of this county are crack brained illiterates ready to pull out their guns and open fire on anyone for just about any reason including the sun setting.

Was in Orlando last month when their NBC affiliate WESH did a very well done expose of the CASH4GOLD ripoff company located in S Florida and how they were ripping off everyone and I thought..."WTF?"...W hy don't the Jax stations ever do any of this in depth expose stuff.....??

Guess it's because Donna and Jeannie are just too dang busy smiling and planning the next marathon for breast things..

Of course there is NEVER any mention of any male health problems like prostate problems,,,

Again...you did well to leave out the 12 and 25 ultra feminized soap opera news channels.
bobbiegurl

Savannah, GA

#7 Jan 14, 2009
I cant stand Channel 12. Here are my gripes with Channel 12:

1. Learn geography. Every area of Jacksonville is NOT the westside.

2. If you are going to report a story, please report it correctly. Where, when, who and why are all great tools to have when telling a news story.

3. My breasts are NONE of your business. If I want advice on my boobs, I will ask my best friend and then go see a real doctor. Buddy check 12 is annoying.

4. Please tell the news, weather and sports. I do not care that some dumbazz paid another dumbazz $50,000 to patch a penny sized hole in their roof before the job was done and they didnt even find out if the guy had a license or not. If you are that stupid to pay someone for a job they havent started, they havent showed you a license or any other qualifications, and they pulled up on a bicycle then you deserve to get ripped off.

Thank you.
News Watcher

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Jan 14, 2009
this thread was indirectly mentioned this morning on the WJXT-4 Morning Show.... So keep up the good work, ladies and gentlemen, and maybe someday we will get local news worth tuning in for. Until that time, keep watching FOX and CNN, and let the lists continue.....
kteamjags

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2009
SWM wrote:
Excellent and very correct summary of the dismal TV reporting situation here in Goober County, Florida.
Channels 12 & 25 spend most of their time with chick marathons and buddy check feel em up programs so they don't ever have to invest in hard reporters or news helicopters or actual in depth news reporting.
A little of that stuff goes a LONG way folks. We tune in to watch some NEWS not smiley face feel nicer stuff to make idiots feel good and forget about how about 1/3 of the residents of this county are crack brained illiterates ready to pull out their guns and open fire on anyone for just about any reason including the sun setting.
Was in Orlando last month when their NBC affiliate WESH did a very well done expose of the CASH4GOLD ripoff company located in S Florida and how they were ripping off everyone and I thought..."WTF?"...W hy don't the Jax stations ever do any of this in depth expose stuff.....??
Guess it's because Donna and Jeannie are just too dang busy smiling and planning the next marathon for breast things..
Of course there is NEVER any mention of any male health problems like prostate problems,,,
Again...you did well to leave out the 12 and 25 ultra feminized soap opera news channels.
I wonder how the male version of Buddy Check we would work. So you call your male buddy and say "hey buddy, did you check your little dangling things today?"
BullGator96

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jan 16, 2009
O.K. Hard to pass up a good list. Let it first be stated that local news is all pretty nauseating lately. Here is a summary of every newscast. Good evening, inane banter and awkward laughter. It sure is cold, hot, rainy out there; waste of five minutes explaining why winter is cold, etc...waste of five more minutes with lame advice...dress in layers. Here's today's Jacksonville body count with a "reporter" telling us what they don't know while standing in front of JSO headquarters for some reason...Here's a story phoned in from a local ambulance chaser we'll try to pass off as "investigative journalism,"....time for the obligatory reading of national wire stories and Obamania/worship...Stay tuned for an in-depth report featuring a ridiculous use of a prop in case you retarded viewers forgot what a knife, car or gas pump look like... and on to 30 seconds worth of information wrapped around 4 minute babble segments called sports and weather...

Newswatchers' observations are hard to disagree with, however upon reflection a top ten of area attractive newsvixens can really boil down to 3 and a half in my opinion. In interchangeable order:

Casey Black certainly has her moments on certain days. She actually has very pretty eyes and an inviting mouth. One can overlook the over application of make-up when she has a tight top on. Since her engagement her bust line has dramatically (birth control pills?) swollen.

Diane Cho is still fiercely cute. However there are content flaws which distract from her pretty presentation. She sure seems to get assigned more than her fair share of inane follow-up and filler stories. For such a serious looking professional she seems to get the facts wrong on more than a few breaking news stories. I'm probably the only one that notices, but her copy often has a turn of phrase that is slightly off; kind of like Yogi Berra malapropisms, but I don't think they are on purpose. You only would notice them if you ignore how they flow off her sweet tongue and pay attention to the content and context, so she probably shouldn't worry too much about it. She's really cute and unflappable and not long for this market.
Celine McArthurs' eyes rival Casey's. She certainly is a sexy, quirky little package. Sure wish she'd treat us by releasing her dangerous curves from their lady dress jacket prison once in a while. Hard to...over look herstartandstop h..allt...ing... delivery though...Of course when she does an in studio interview segment and her skirt reveals those legs...delivery becomes irrelevant.

The only reason to break the WTLV boycott is Joy Purdy. You might not see it at first glance, but she is the most consistent area newsvixen. She seems like a genuinely happy person and is in great shape. Her attire is always professional and form fitting. When the studio lights hit her mocha skin and she hits her animated delivery, especially if her hair is up, its hard to look away from the screen....click...
Tim the Whether Man

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 16, 2009
I only watch channel 4 so I can catch those Jax Hot List commercials with the smokin hot beach blonde. put her on the air...problems solved!
News Watcher

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jan 16, 2009
BullG, I inadvertently left Joy Purdy off my 'Just Missed' section. Plus, I exceeded the 4000 character limit. Consider your description the fill-in. She looks good in spite of the the poor production values at WTLV. She needs to get out of there, IMO, for the sake of her career. Look what they've done to the once gorgeous Ashley Coleman, Kristin Smith and even Lindy Thackston. They could turn Celine MacArthur into Janet Reno, given enough time and spray tan.

Whether Man, you are dead on with the Jax Hot List babe...my only complaint is that they don't zoom in on her enough. I say let her do a local car commercial...or a 1-800-ASK-GARY ad, so we can see the package up close.
BullGator96

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jan 16, 2009
News Watcher wrote:
BullG, I inadvertently left Joy Purdy off my 'Just Missed' section. Plus, I exceeded the 4000 character limit. Consider your description the fill-in. She looks good in spite of the the poor production values at WTLV. She needs to get out of there, IMO, for the sake of her career. Look what they've done to the once gorgeous Ashley Coleman, Kristin Smith and even Lindy Thackston. They could turn Celine MacArthur into Janet Reno, given enough time and spray tan.
Whether Man, you are dead on with the Jax Hot List babe...my only complaint is that they don't zoom in on her enough. I say let her do a local car commercial...or a 1-800-ASK-GARY ad, so we can see the package up close.
Right, right. Perhaps mystery hottie can fill in for the sorely missed Jolene. Are you listening, Jacksonville Chrysler???
Tim the Whether Man

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jan 20, 2009
In Tampa over the weekend....it's amazing how many of their anchor people used to be in the Jax market. Heather Van Nest and Melanie Brooks, to name two. Hotties, both, IMO. Also Tammie Fields...not so hot...

“Translation: Come and Take it”

Since: Feb 08

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Jan 20, 2009
I'm watching leatherhead Donna right now.
God I hate 1080.
ewww.

“Translation: Come and Take it”

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Jan 20, 2009
I've run into most of this list here and some of these vixens look much hotter in person.
Paige and Kristin are really hot in person so is Cho but Staci is not at all.
Paige has the body!
Horny News Watcher

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 15, 2009
SWM wrote:
Ah, Jeannie. A few years ago, I won a silent-auction bid to watch a Ch. 12 newscast live at the station. Every single time the camera cut away from Jeannie, she spent the off-air time applying pancake make-up to her face.

SWM

Since: Aug 08

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 16, 2009
These fancy big screen HDTV sets should really come with an 'auto ugly HD off' switch so when a really ugly/fat chick or dude comes on the screen it immediately switches back to good old fuzzy standard def.

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Feb 17, 2009
Horny News Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Jeannie. A few years ago, I won a silent-auction bid to watch a Ch. 12 newscast live at the station. Every single time the camera cut away from Jeannie, she spent the off-air time applying pancake make-up to her face.
As would you if you were 150!
My God

Bradenton, FL

#20 Feb 17, 2009
johncb wrote:
<quoted text>
As would you if you were 150!
She could be 250 and still look good sitting next to Douche bag Deegan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fred Cotton's BBQ Sauce Recipe??? (Dec '11) Sat RAFTERMAN 14
News Black Donald Trump Supporter Shot In Cleveland Bar (Jul '16) Sat Rip Chen Picket 3
Anyone know tyree? (May '16) Aug 17 Maddog420 2
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Aug 16 Bud LaPoint 121
News Strange & Unusual - Eating Disorder Makes Girl ... (Nov '07) Aug 16 Spitsteal 31
Anybody remember the old bar on the westside na... (Jan '10) Aug 14 Betheny 28
lookin 4 jiggs Aug 14 Betheny 2

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages