christopher barrios mom sues state an...

christopher barrios mom sues state and trailer park

Posted in the Jacksonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 14, 2008
BRUNSWICK, Ga.-- A Georgia family that lost the little boy it loves is now divided over a lawsuit filed in connection with his slaying.

The lawsuit centers around 6-year-old Christopher Barrios whose body was found discarded on the side of a South Georgia road on March 15, 2007.

A year ago, volunteers and police were scouring the woods in Brunswick holding out hope they would find Christopher alive. They did not.

Police have charged three members of the Edenfield family, George Edenfield, along with his parents, Peggy and David Edenfield, with the child's slaying.

The suspects lived near the mobile home where the child lived with his father in Brunswick. However, Christopher's mother, LaTrina Keith, said that should not have been the case and she has filed a lawsuit.

The lawsuit, which was filed in court this week, calls for the owners of the Canal Mobile Home Park to pay up for the boy's death.

The suit states that the owners knew the trailer park was home to convicted child molesters and other persons who could harm young children.

The lawsuit said the owners knew George Edenfield was a convicted sex offender and that management had received numerous complaints about the man.

"You have duty as a land owner who is charging people to provide a safe premises in which people live. The Edenfields hardly constitute providing a safe premises for a little child to walk around in," said Keith's attorney, Brent Savage.

However, that is not the portion of the lawsuit that has upset Christopher's grandmother, Sue Rodriguez. She said the second part of the lawsuit is against the Georgia Department of Children and Family Services for placing Christopher with his dad, who the lawsuit said is a registered sex offender.

"I'm mad. I don’t care that she sues the trailer park -- that's on her. But, don’t talk trash about my son. He was a man, and a good man. She better not talk trash about my baby," Rodriguez said.

Neither the state nor the trailer park owner wanted to comment on the lawsuit.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 14, 2008
i dont remember anything about the boys dad being a registered sex offender...

Location hidden

#3 Mar 14, 2008
lo and behold...

NAME: CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL BARRIOS
RACE: W

SEX: M
YEAR OF BIRTH: 1973

HEIGHT: 5'08"
WEIGHT: 145 POUNDS

HAIR COLOR: BRO
EYE COLOR: BRO

SCARS/MARKS/TATTOOS: NONE
INCARCERATED: NO

ADDRESS: RT 3 BOX 199 A
COUNTY: GLYNN

CITY: HORTENSE STATE: GA
RESIDENCE VERIFICATION DATE: 03/13/2008

ZIP: 31543
CRIME: STATUTORY RAPE

CONVICTION DATE: 04/24/1997
CONVICTION STATE: GA

REGISTRATION DATE: 03/25/1998
ABSCONDER/PREDATOR: NO

but..he was 24 when it happened and it sounds like it was with a minor female...could it be a girl who was 16 or 17 and lied about her age? it does happen...
riley

United States

#4 Mar 14, 2008
give me a break trailer trash suing trailer trash..come on ..these lawyers need to be sued...

Location hidden

#5 Mar 14, 2008
riley wrote:
give me a break trailer trash suing trailer trash..come on ..these lawyers need to be sued...
i dont think she should be able to sue...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to find out if you have child molesters living near your child. im not in georgia and it took me all of 3 minutes to find the dads information on why he is a sex offender...and shes the idiot who had the son with him long AFTER he had been charged for statutory rape..shes looking for free money.
Kandi

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 14, 2008
i am soo goin to mcdonalds and spilling coffee on myself, then im soo suing! lol! that is crazi! it amazes me that people can sue over something completely stupid. did ya hear that the mother of that 12 yr old, that got killed a yr or 2 ago by a stray bullet, is suing the apartment complex cuz it wasnt "safe". i am just completely amazed that people try and make money off their dead kids instead of trying to make the laws better. people are sad.
White Man

Andalusia, AL

#7 Mar 14, 2008
She needs to team up with M. Lungsford,
Black woman

Harvest, AL

#8 Apr 27, 2008
HOw awful you guys! The woman had a child w/ a sexual offender, okay not a crime. GA placed the child with him without proper supervision. okay then another group of white sexual offenders rape and make the 6 year old boy perform oral sex on them while their mother masturbates.

You are calling this black family trailer trash?
wonder

Durham, NC

#11 Apr 27, 2008
CopsKill wrote:
<quoted text>
The white man always tries to pass blame onto the victim. Especially when the perp is white and the victim is black. They try to rationalize the brutality that took place. They are liars and cowards by nature.
That's why the only good white man is a dead white man. Strike him before he strikes you, it's your honor as the white man is the descendant of Cain.
I wonder if you feel the same way about the black man who kidnaped the young girl whom he assulted and than tried to get her to prostitute herself?
Lisa

United States

#12 Apr 27, 2008
I lived in Brunswick during this horrid time and am still haunted by what that little boy had to endure but what angers me the most is that his mother is trying to profit from his murder.. From what I understood she was in jail in Savannah. What a piece of crap in my book and now she wants to blame his father.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 27, 2008
CopsKill wrote:
They wouldn't have had this dilema if they would have exterminated that white scum family when they had the chance. What a bunch of sick, white, sexual deviants. Raping a small child? I hope they get raped day in and day out in prison, contract aids and scavvies then are murdered during a race riot.
Take all their money, even their extended families money. Then take all their possessions, put it in their trailor and burn it to the ground. White people like this make me sick.
jesus..the day finally came where i agreed with you on something...you seem to have a utter disgust for child molesters..im hoping its molesters of any race...personally, if someone is caught molesting a child, they should automatically revieve the death penalty and be put the death post-haste in a very excruciating manner...but ive always said, God as my witness, if anyone ever molested any of my girls, or family for that matter, they would never see the inside of a jail cell or court house..
franklin

Louisville, KY

#14 Apr 27, 2008
must have some really lousy lawyers in georgia, if it took this long to convence her to go for the money.

having a close relation killed is like winning the lottery.

tax payers had nothing to do with this but they will pay anyway.

such a nice family this kid came from. he went out badly, but at least he is out of that group of animal shit.
Rayne

United States

#15 May 1, 2008
scott1 wrote:
<quoted text>i dont think she should be able to sue...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to find out if you have child molesters living near your child. im not in georgia and it took me all of 3 minutes to find the dads information on why he is a sex offender...and shes the idiot who had the son with him long AFTER he had been charged for statutory rape..shes looking for free money.
In a way I agree with what her suit is about. I believe any place where a convicted child molester lives should, by law, have to inform other residents and neighbors. The only problem you have there is, will they tell the truth about where they reside when they report in to their corrections officers. My husband worked with a guy that molested his girlfriends' 10 yr old daughter and reported his work address as his home address while he bounced around from place to place.
Tony glynn county born

Toronto, Canada

#16 May 6, 2008
YOU CAN'T CHANGE A MOLESTER..THAT PERSON IS A PREDATOR FOR WHATEVER REASON..IT IS OUR RESPONSIBLITY AS A COMMUNITY TO WATCH OUR CHILDREN IF THEY ARE NOT OURS TO ENSURE THEIR SAFTEY.WHY WAS THIS PRECIOUS CHILD OUT A 6:15 IN THAT TRAILER PARK BY HIS SELF..TRUTH BE TOLD HE USED TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS EX WIFES YOUNG SON AND WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR HIM TO GO HOME..THEY SAID CHRIS WOULD STILL BE OUTSIDE JUST WONDERING. NO ONE CAN BE SUED IN THIS CASE. THE VICTIM IS CHRIS GOD REST HIS SOUL THE CRIMINALS ARE THE EDENFIELDS. AND ANY OTHER FINGER POINTING CAN GO IN ALL DIRECTIONS..WHY WAS THE SON GIVEN TO THE FATHER AND NOT THE MOTHER HMMMMMMM..WHY DID THE FATHER LET THE CHILD PLAY OUTSIDE BY HISELF SO LATE HMMMMMM..WHERE WERE THESE SO CALLED CARETAKERS OF THE BOY WHEN HE WAS OUTSIDE OH SO OFTEN BY HIMSELF HMMMMMM..THIS TRAGEDY BROUGHT ABOUT SO MUCH PAIN AND NO ONE IS HURTING MORE THAN THE OTHER. I SAY LET CHRIS'S SACRIFICE STAND SERVE AS A LESSON FOR US ADULT'S TO PAY LESS ATTENTION TO OUR NEEDS AND WANTS AND SELFISH ACTS DUE TO BAD RELATIONSHIPS AND FAMILY RIVALRIES AND FOCUS ON THE CHILDREN THAT ARE BORN IN UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.CHRIS IS GONE..HONESTLY MY CHILD IS OF THE SAME AGE AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF HE GOES ANYWHERE I CAN'T SEE OR HEAR HIM..IT'S TIME PEOPLE START TAKING RESPONSIBLITY IN PROTECTING AND WATCHING THE BABIES BECAUSE WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH THE SHEEP..YOU FEED THE WOLVES WETHER THAT WAS YOUR INTENT OR NOT..PEACE AND LOVE GLYNN COUNTY SOUTHSIDE DIXVILLE
sad4ever

Ada, OK

#17 Oct 31, 2008
That what my sentiments have always been that if anyone ever touched my kids they would never make to trial, now that it has. It the most difficult things in the world to bear, vengence is not my main concern its guilt, I always said that I would protect my children and I went through the speeches of don't let anyone touch you if they do all you have to is tell me, I have an open relationship with all my kids, and it still didn't help because my daughter was still a victim of molestion by a teacher. I went over all the people that I could name but the one area I didn't say was teacher. and now this something that I have to live with.
marie

Brunswick, GA

#18 Aug 23, 2009
I THINK MS KEITH IS RIGHT.........I CAN ONLY SAY GO GET THEM BASTERDS ALL OF THEM GA OF CHIDEN AND FAMILYS AS WELL. PEOPLE WAS NOT VERY NICE TO HER. THEY FATHER HAD EVERY THING HANED TO HIM...........SHE LOVES HER SON
Pay attention people

Wilmington, DE

#19 Sep 1, 2009
scott1 wrote:
lo and behold...
NAME: CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL BARRIOS
RACE: W
SEX: M
YEAR OF BIRTH: 1973
HEIGHT: 5'08"
WEIGHT: 145 POUNDS
HAIR COLOR: BRO
EYE COLOR: BRO
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOOS: NONE
INCARCERATED: NO
ADDRESS: RT 3 BOX 199 A
COUNTY: GLYNN
CITY: HORTENSE STATE: GA
RESIDENCE VERIFICATION DATE: 03/13/2008
ZIP: 31543
CRIME: STATUTORY RAPE
CONVICTION DATE: 04/24/1997
CONVICTION STATE: GA
REGISTRATION DATE: 03/25/1998
ABSCONDER/PREDATOR: NO
but..he was 24 when it happened and it sounds like it was with a minor female...could it be a girl who was 16 or 17 and lied about her age? it does happen...
ummm.... scott, i think you looked up the wrong person. the 6 year old VICTIM's name was christopher barrios, not the man who killed him. Their last name is Edenfield. Also- the father of the man who killed christopher, David, who also participated in the abuse and murder, he was arressted in 1994 for Incest with his daughter. so yes, the father, and the son, are both convicted sex offenders that should not be within 1,000 ft. of where children are.
The Truth

Horseheads, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2009
New York,

Scott was talking about the boys father who is also a resgistered sex offender. Check the year of birth, hieght and weight. That isn't any 6 year old boy, it's his daddy.

DemonsEye

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville Fl.

#21 Sep 3, 2009
More good times in Trashland.
Dawn

Moultrie, GA

#22 Oct 6, 2009
Black woman wrote:
HOw awful you guys! The woman had a child w/ a sexual offender, okay not a crime. GA placed the child with him without proper supervision. okay then another group of white sexual offenders rape and make the 6 year old boy perform oral sex on them while their mother masturbates.
You are calling this black family trailer trash?
I don't think anyone said anything about whether they were black, white, hispanic, green or purple. Why bring up race? Trash is trash is trash. Doesn't matter WHAT race they are.
What everyone needs to keep in the forefront of his/her mind is the poor little boy who suffered at the hands of the evil animals who killed him and at the hands of parents who didn't protect him good enough and at the hands of a society who allowed him to be exposed to a pedophile every day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime 58 mins ago 7:00 p.m.2 shot at Jacksonvil... 50 min Nellie 1
review: amazing spine care center (Apr '15) Mon Suma 2
What was your most embarrassing moment? (Feb '08) Mon Michelle 65
Tiny Home variance in City of Jacksonville (COJ... Mon Cyberpine 1
News Video Spotlight - Gangs in Jacksonville -- Part... (Feb '08) Sun Yoooo 48
swisher int. -- senior executive -- sued in fe... Sun beverley 1
Review: Tour Time Jan 12 Jim 1

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance