Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 21, 2013
I'm only speaking for myself, not anyone else!

I freely admit I cannot stand the t-partiers even though I'm a previous member when they were first,,,created? I guess is the proper word to use.

I don't post in the Jacksonville forum much because I got sick of reading remarks I considered ignorant and cruel in another Topix forum where I relocated from. I will post however when a venting moment is required from watching CNN.

Here's a news break regarding myself. I can't stand radical liberals either.

For the radical conservatives first:

I have zero choice but to support socialized programs so yeah, I'll blast the chit out of anyone attacking them.

I've paid taxes since 1969 which of course includes FICA. I've NEVER been unemployed since I started working at age 14. I of course didn't start paying taxes until age 16 in 1969.

In 2006 I fell some 30 feet from a pipe rack. As a consequence at times I have to walk with a cane. My back doesn't allow me to pick up much more than a sack of groceries and as far as labor goes I'm essentially one handed because there is nothing in my left wrist except scar tissue.

I not only paid my taxes, I spent 5 years during the Viet Nam era doing as I was dam well told to do and have an honorable discharge.

And radicals in Congress along with so many who voted them into office seem to believe a tea spoon of dirt has more value than I do.

Many of you will say,,, "But! But! We're not talking about people like you!" Yes my frends you ARE!

There has not been one single solitary bill offered up for debate that offered to do anything more than CUT the benefits I paid all those years for.

If you honestly believe I'm living on easy street, by all means come stand in my shoes for just one single month.

More than one day a week my evening meal is Raman noodles.

I don't own the red neck toys like 4-wheelers. Hell, I can't ride one anyway. My back won't allow it.

I don't collect SNAP because I make to much but not quite enough to live above the poverty line.

Society has deemed me disabled and by all accounts labor wise they are correct. That and my age as well as experience in anything beyond making paper for a living prevents me from doing anything else for a liveable income. There are zero avenues available for me to learn another trade.

Many of you will chant "there are plenty of jobs available to be had" even for someone like me. I'm telling you you're full of chit and I think you know you're lying.

SSDI and nedicaid are my lifelines. I depend on them and disabled or not, I'll fight for them.

Some of you may say I should have planned for this to happen. Screw you too. Are you planning for a drastic accident to happen to you in your late 40's?

As for the libs, no, I do NOT want someone in here wiping my a$$ when I haven't even farted.

I DO NOT want to be on SSDI or medicaid. I WANT an avenue created that allows me to be self sufficient.

But no one in Congress is looking at that aspect nor as of yet have I seen any of the Obama haters or anyone else suggesting an avenue such as that.

If any of you believe an avenue such as that exists, well, you're full of chit. I have looked until I was tired of looking and then I started making phone calls until my ears bled. I'm still looking! All that exists in that area is for someone already in business to make money by trying to tell me I shouldn't feel sorry for myself. I can't make a living from a feel good program!

One more for the libs. Guns aren't the problem. The problem is no one has anything for the lunatics that get ahold of guns.

Try and take my gun from my hand and you'll find you might have pist off another lunatic with a gun.

I'm a firm supporter of stand your ground and believe it is my right to stand my ground and yeah, I WILL shoot your a$$! Viet Nam remember?

P.S. I don't want your pity. I want an avenue that allows me to be self sufficient once more. Self sufficient doesn't include things like SNAP or medicaid/medicare.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#2 Oct 22, 2013
gaytor_bayt wrote:
“I have zero choice but to support socialized programs”
Warning gaytor you might not want to read what follows, this here is adult stuff and there is no touchy feelly!

Please don’t think that I am without compassion, if anything I hope these words inspire you to look at your life and go down some different avenues. Let’s be clear Life is not Favor, I believe we both agree with that.

You started the following “I have zero choice but to support socialized programs” I would ask why do you place so little valve on yourself, why must you be dependent on government?

Why have you made the choice to just accept what life has thrown at you that in my opinion seems to be your attitude. We see stories all the time of people who are far worse off than you, who decide to tell life screw you, and they with much hard work, pain in some cases and yes some help from others including the government, become producers in society. You are still able to walk, you not restricted (I assume) to a wheel chair or wheelie), yes you have issues however I bet you know others with far greater issues than yourself.
gaytor_bayt wrote:
“I DO NOT want to be on SSDI or Medicaid. I WANT an avenue created that allows me to be self sufficient.

P.S. I don't want your pity. I want an avenue that allows me to be self-sufficient once more. Self-sufficient doesn't include things like SNAP or Medicaid/Medicare.”
Who do are you waiting for to create these avenues, let me guess some else.
gaytor_bayt wrote:
“Society has deemed me disabled and by all accounts labor wise they are correct. That and my age as well as experience in anything beyond making paper for a living prevents me from doing anything else for a liveable income. There are zero avenues available for me to learn another trade.”
What does you age and experience have to do with this, are you too old to learn a new skill? Or is there other reason. Many of today’s jobs allow if not require you to sit in front of a computer, are you too good or proud for that.

I told you no touchy feelly here gaytor!

I could be wrong, maybe I have misread your words, and this in merely my opinion but it sounds like you have given up and allowed life to defeat you, it would seem you have much company in today’s America.

Best wishes and I sincerely hope the best for you but you will not get that from Government.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 23, 2013
I miss the days when government was small and families rallied around someone in need. If families needed help, their friends and neighbors helped. When entitlement programs started, they were a good thing. Today there are too many people that abuse them to the point they do not work as intended.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/22/craigsli...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/22/ir...
Reality Check

United States

#4 Oct 31, 2013
@gator bayt
In case you havent noticed the national news, Mr Smugpants...every phone booth is bugged these days.

I dont hate all democrats or republicans, just the bad and corrupt ones.

I think Harry Truman was probably the best President the USA has had since Lincoln. I wish we had a democrat party full of Harry Truman types, so I could support them.

Unfortunately, the democrats of today are just a bunch of communist totalitarian freaks. Maniacs with power, who are running an out of control commie agenda down the throats of a nation that dont want it.

And the republicans remind me of the crooked politicians in the movie "Tucker". You remember the ones who used BS government regulation and phony balloney court procedings shut down the Tucker automobile, because he was a threat to their corporate masters?

But if you like crooked politicians and communist maniacs, then that is your right to do so. But you shouldnt attack those of us who still know the difference between right and wrong, and care about it.

Even if you dont.
Captain

Orange Park, FL

#5 Oct 31, 2013
Dou you belong to a union?

Pay union dues?

Since: Aug 11

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Nov 28, 2013
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Warning gaytor you might not want to read what follows, this here is adult stuff and there is no touchy feelly!
Oh my! How inflammatory of you.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don’t think that I am without compassion,
To late. The above has already formed my opinion. Welcome to my world.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
You started the following “I have zero choice but to support socialized programs” I would ask why do you place so little valve on yourself,
I don't. I've never given up in my life. We are limited to 4,000 characters in these posts and I didn't feel the need or believe anyone had the interest in knowing how my current plans are panning out. As it stands however, even though it's taken around ten years I see daylight at the end of the tunnel.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
why must you be dependent on government?
If you had actually given about ten minutes thought to your own question and possibly done a little research you would already have the answer. The majority that suddenly and unexpectedly becoming disabled haven't had the time to build their own safety net and therefore must depend on Gov sponsored benefits. There are zero programs that will assist the disabled in retraining at a new trade in order to become self sufficient once more. It's all on the disabled and with very little resources open to them it's unlikely to happen.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have you made the choice to just accept what life has thrown at you that in my opinion seems to be your attitude.
Already responded to. See above.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
We see stories all the time of people who are far worse off than you, who decide to tell life screw you, and they with much hard work, pain in some cases and yes some help from others including the government, become producers in society. You are still able to walk, you not restricted (I assume) to a wheel chair or wheelie), yes you have issues however I bet you know others with far greater issues than yourself. Who do are you waiting for to create these avenues, let me guess some else. What does you age and experience have to do with this, are you too old to learn a new skill? Or is there other reason. Many of today’s jobs allow if not require you to sit in front of a computer, are you too good or proud for that.
I could be wrong, maybe I have misread your words, and this in merely my opinion but it sounds like you have given up and allowed life to defeat you, it would seem you have much company in today’s America.
Best wishes and I sincerely hope the best for you but you will not get that from Government.
Actually I have to keep my weight 30 pounds under in order to walk unaided.
Thx so much for comparing me to people such as Stephen Hawking. We should all be as bright as he is. Thanks for recognizing that the Gov lends a hand in keeping the disabled trapped. Thx for basing an assumption of me when you had less than 4,000 characters to base that assumption on. Last but not least, thx for lumping the majority of disabled into the category of expecting others to take care of them.

I would encourage you to educate yourself as to exactly what options are open to the disabled to include reasonable education that would allow them to become self sufficient once more. Keep in mind, it normally takes something the disabled don't have. Money. Also keep in mind not everyone is capable of heroic actions regardless of your opinion of them. Feel good stories are nice to read but welcome to the real world. Not everyone is a feel good hero.
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Nov 28, 2013
Plain silliness LIJ, chuck-full of petty greed, snarky fear and smarmy evaluation.

As **KING** of this well-maintained republic I will **not** have a citizen truly as self-described above begging on **my** streets. AS the new rigid tariffs on all retail products have reduced USA unemployment to 1.6%, and Utah gulags have cleaned out jails and cleaned-up greenway parks the Florida Gub'mnt has need for such a self-described physically damaged veteran in our St. Johns River striped-bass hatchery program.

The current bi-yearly run of 650,00 stripers contributes $70/fish to the N. Florida economy and half-again to the Federal treasury. I will double those numbers by increasing hatchery output and by docking ALL cruise-ships at Ponte-Vedra hoe-houses/coke-dens on the Intercoastal. OTOH this gentleman surely has a place as a vitality tester in our fishery program, a position involving fingerling stripers ... only the most vigorous 25% are allowed to survive ... the rest are fed to the few remaining blackmarket chi.com investors still imprisoned in Disneyworld.
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don’t think that I am without compassion, if anything I hope these words inspire you to look at your life and go down some different avenues. Let’s be clear Life is not Favor, I believe we both agree with that.
You started the following “I have zero choice but to support socialized programs” I would ask why do you place so little valve on yourself, why must you be dependent on government?
Why have you made the choice to just accept what life has thrown at you that in my opinion seems to be your attitude. We see stories all the time of people who are far worse off than you, who decide to tell life screw you, and they with much hard work, pain in some cases and yes some help from others including the government, become producers in society. You are still able to walk, you not restricted (I assume) to a wheel chair or wheelie), yes you have issues however I bet you know others with far greater issues than yourself.
<quoted text>
Who do are you waiting for to create these avenues, let me guess some else.
<quoted text>
What does you age and experience have to do with this, are you too old to learn a new skill? Or is there other reason. Many of today’s jobs allow if not require you to sit in front of a computer, are you too good or proud for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jackson curtis martin (Dec '08) 4 hr Jacquelyn 14
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 7 hr AWAKE 2,123
WHY is Jacksonville, Florida HAS so many Racist... (Jun '11) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 267
Outdoor Masturbation 20 hr jbstrokin 1
Iron Order mc 21 hr StillMis 21
Be aware pilgrims: Mugging. Shoot early, shoot... Sun noshellswill 1
Ladies: against rape shoot early shoot often Sun noshellswill 1
•••
•••
•••

Jacksonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••