State Attorney and Public Defender (D...

Since: Jul 08

The Mediterranean

#1867 Oct 6, 2008
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't bother me if Shirk had never worked at the PDO. In fact, he would probably get more votes if he hadn't. We need someone in that office with fresh ideas, or at least someone with ANY ideas to improve the efficiency of the office. White's "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude is arrogant and shouldn't be tolerated by our public officials. We need public servants that always trying improve efficiency and save the taxpayer $. White has no ideas. He says his office is 'perfect.' Shirk has presented many ideas that could dramatically improve efficiency in that office. Part of the problem is that the leadership has become complacent and stagnant. We need a fresh face. If the Shirk doesn't deliver, then we'll vote him out in 4 years.
I am sure you will be calling for his head.
Driver

Middleburg, FL

#1868 Oct 6, 2008
Bill White is a hard working public servant and was hand picked by Lou Frost, an incredible man and a christian. Bill White does not have to retire after he wins this election. Many public servants work well into their sixties/seventy.

I would say that if Matt Shirk was complete in his integrity and work, he would have shown this while he was at the PDO. He did not.....and this is a pattern he shows. Along with the other two jobs he has held over the past 4-5 years.

Why penalize all the hard working people of the PDO all this nonsense. Most all there respect and love working at the office to help others.
WRONG

Satsuma, FL

#1869 Oct 6, 2008
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Bill White is lying to you and everyone else now that he is in a tough election. He has said it many times in the past. I have heard it with my own two ears. The fact that he now denies it speaks volumes about his character. Of course, when you don't believe in God, you would wouldn't believe in the 10 commandments or any other ethical and moral beliefs that monotheistic religions teach.

My understanding is Shirk was introduced at Bethel Baptist yesterday morning.
I have known Bill White for many years. We have had many discussions about politics and religion. At no time has he ever professed to being an aethist, in fact, quite the opposite. He and I differ on the interpretation of the Bible, but there is no difference in opinion of the belief in God. Having said all of that, I agree with other writers, religion does not belong in this race. Having known him for many years, I have found him to be of the highest of character and integrity.
jumpback

United States

#1870 Oct 6, 2008
Driver wrote:
Bill White is a hard working public servant and was hand picked by Lou Frost, an incredible man and a christian. Bill White does not have to retire after he wins this election. Many public servants work well into their sixties/seventy.
I would say that if Matt Shirk was complete in his integrity and work, he would have shown this while he was at the PDO. He did not.....and this is a pattern he shows. Along with the other two jobs he has held over the past 4-5 years.
Why penalize all the hard working people of the PDO all this nonsense. Most all there respect and love working at the office to help others.
True on many comments but I bet there are plenty there who are not thrilled with the money they make their and are disgusted to see what others make (huge amounts). Remember that packet of information that has everyone's salary on it? Some there have seen it but I know tons there have not and have no idea what the others make. If they were to find out, there would be major pissed off people.
reality bites

Austin, TX

#1871 Oct 6, 2008
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard it with my own two ears.
come on Freddy, two ears, you??? more like two asses, well ok yours just looks like its two ;) keep smooching, you're doing great!
Fred wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding is Shirk was introduced at Bethel Baptist yesterday morning.
oh that must have been a hoot..."Hi I'm Matt Shirk, I love black people, I have some friends who are black. You people should know that my opponent is a racist, his name is White, as in devil. Hey come by later I'm handing out free beer and those little rose in tube things ya'll like so much, remember vote for change, not obama, me!" LMFAO
Public Interest

Middleburg, FL

#1872 Oct 6, 2008
These are professional PDO people in these offices. They have been with the State of Florida for years and are too busy working their prospective jobs to be worried or (p....d) if someone is making more or less than they are.....they take pride as professionals - this isn't kindergarten....
yeah right

Austin, TX

#1873 Oct 6, 2008
all those "outrageously paid" employees at the PDO make significantly less than their counterparts at the State Attorney's Office and a heck of a lot less than those in private practice with similar levels of experience. I don't think there will be a lot of handwringing. Very few would change places with those attorneys at the Public Defenders office. Most people know the job sucks. I guess under Shirk the job would suck and he'll pay even less. Sounds like a great plan, woo hoo where does an idiot sign up?
Kind of funny

Jacksonville, FL

#1874 Oct 7, 2008
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text>
oh that must have been a hoot..."Hi I'm Matt Shirk, I love black people, I have some friends who are black. You people should know that my opponent is a racist, his name is White, as in devil. Hey come by later I'm handing out free beer and those little rose in tube things ya'll like so much, remember vote for change, not obama, me!" LMFAO
... but not really. What was funny is that when the Pastor of Bethel anounced that Jeremiah Wright would be coming to Bethel in December, Shirk clapped with the rest of the congregation. A perfect youtube moment. It seems Matt will go to any length for the black vote. I heard that he was at Shiloh a week or so ago. Next, maybe he can wear a "I support Pastor Gilyard" t-shirt to show that he's down.
Egg

Middleburg, FL

#1875 Oct 7, 2008
Absolutely, Matt will go to any length to win this election. Its called his brand of politics. Including using people of color to get the election votes and smearing Bill White's good name. Misleading others about money, his qualifications? It's like they say, what goes around comes around.....
jumpback

Jacksonville, FL

#1876 Oct 7, 2008
Election is coming up before you know it!
Geoff

Jacksonville, FL

#1877 Oct 9, 2008
Bill White does not have a 'good' name. He is unethical. He lies regularly. He doesn't care about black people. If you are looking for a racist political figure. You will find him in Bill White. There are no black males in any supervisor position at the PDO. The statement that can't find any is about as racist as they come.
I have heard that Shirk is going to name who is Chief Assistant will be should he be elected. My understanding is that it will be someone from the black community. Should be very interesting.
Fred

Jacksonville, FL

#1878 Oct 9, 2008
Egg wrote:
Absolutely, Matt will go to any length to win this election. Its called his brand of politics. Including using people of color to get the election votes and smearing Bill White's good name. Misleading others about money, his qualifications? It's like they say, what goes around comes around.....
There is nothing misleading about the money. The numbers are what they are. The numbers came directly from Bill White through public records requests. If anyone is misleading people it is Bill White. He wants people to think he has balanced 32 budgets. There is no balancing in FL budgeting. You get a certain amount of money to spend and you spend. you can't operate on a deficit. Bill is also misleading people about returning money to the state. HE HAS NEVER SENT MONEY BACK AS PUBLIC DEFENDER. Lou Frost sent money back many times but not Bill.

Since: Jul 08

The Mediterranean

#1879 Oct 9, 2008
Geoff wrote:
Bill White does not have a 'good' name. He is unethical. He lies regularly. He doesn't care about black people. If you are looking for a racist political figure. You will find him in Bill White. There are no black males in any supervisor position at the PDO. The statement that can't find any is about as racist as they come.
I have heard that Shirk is going to name who is Chief Assistant will be should he be elected. My understanding is that it will be someone from the black community. Should be very interesting.
You have absoloutely no proof that Bill White is a racist and that is a weighted charge that you should be able to back up. Black lawyers are at a premium, he has had a few applicants in the last few years some did not pass the bar (which happens) and others took other jobs which is not uncommon, other firms in this town want black attorneys, and they are willing and able to pay for them. The person Shirk seems likely appoint to CA is not black

You accusation is disgusting and unfounded.
Egg

Middleburg, FL

#1880 Oct 9, 2008
Hey everyone.......let's not get scrambled......the bottom line is this.....if you or someone from your family needed representative from the State of Florida Public Defender's services.....would you prefer to have someone with years of experience with a leader with years of experience or have someone with three or four years experience with a leader with four years' experience...?

What is your life, your families life and reputation and your livelihood and freedom to do good in your life worth? I would have Bill White lead his team to help you and not Matt Shirk. Be smart and vote for our incumbent.
Change Change Change

United States

#1881 Oct 9, 2008
looks like Geoff & Fred are tag teaming......
Fred

Jacksonville, FL

#1882 Oct 9, 2008
Squid Shark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absoloutely no proof that Bill White is a racist and that is a weighted charge that you should be able to back up. Black lawyers are at a premium, he has had a few applicants in the last few years some did not pass the bar (which happens) and others took other jobs which is not uncommon, other firms in this town want black attorneys, and they are willing and able to pay for them. The person Shirk seems likely appoint to CA is not black
You accusation is disgusting and unfounded.
Actually squid, i've heard the same thing. The person that I've heard will be Shirk's CA if he is elected IS black. I think most people would be pleasantly surprised at the person's identity.
Fred

Jacksonville, FL

#1883 Oct 9, 2008
Egg wrote:
Hey everyone.......let's not get scrambled......the bottom line is this.....if you or someone from your family needed representative from the State of Florida Public Defender's services.....would you prefer to have someone with years of experience with a leader with years of experience or have someone with three or four years experience with a leader with four years' experience...?
What is your life, your families life and reputation and your livelihood and freedom to do good in your life worth? I would have Bill White lead his team to help you and not Matt Shirk. Be smart and vote for our incumbent.
Shirk graduated from law school in 1999 and was admitted shortly after taking the bar in feb 2000. That's more than 3 or 4 years of experience. Not to mention he has tried nearly 70 criminal trials.
Fred

Jacksonville, FL

#1884 Oct 9, 2008
Change Change Change wrote:
looks like Geoff & Fred are tag teaming......
I must have missed something. what are you talking about?
blacksheep

AOL

#1885 Oct 9, 2008
My family will never need a public defender...we don't break the law!

My family consists of taxpayers.

As taxpayers, we will no longer put up with White riding the coat tails of state funds. He is complacent. He is inefficient. He is an athiest. He is a bigot.

As taxpayers, we demand efficiency. Bye bye Billy!

VOTE
MATT
SHIRK
Egg

Middleburg, FL

#1886 Oct 9, 2008
blacksheep, you are incorrect....about Mr. White.....and I've learned in my life never to say never.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lauren jaee, Jackson, baldwin 9 hr Speak_the_truth_ 1
News Strange & Unusual - Woman Murdered After She Wr... (Nov '07) 21 hr DILF 28
soundgarden and the losangles police department... Aug 31 joshua wilkes swa... 1
Review: First Coast MD (Aug '09) Aug 31 kellycerrillo 77
Easy Paypal money Aug 28 rbcrews1984 1
The Learning Experience @ Flagler Center Old St... Aug 28 LolaGon84 1
Review: Aesthetic & Family Dentistry - Holly Na... (Sep '10) Aug 26 Dr Holly Nadji 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages