Sean Espenship

United States

#10033 Sep 18, 2013
To English is First Language:

You are a person who has met with failure and have attributed this failure to me. Thus, your feelings are alleviated by thinking that I, and not fate, is responsible for your bad luck. You take aim at me because: 1. You're a covetous sociopath, and 2. I am the one who disclosed shirk's misuse of public funds (the hiring of mallet, bisbee, and holzbaur, their inflated salaries, none comporting with fiscal conservatism, and their wholly unwarranted positions at the pd's office); the abuse of power and violations of public trust ("Cargate"). Consequently, I was fired. Then me, my wife and her family have ever since become the brunt of ridicule for making public shirk's wrongdoings, things only now that have come to fruition, along with many of his other shortcomings. I am sure emails exists during the months, weeks, and days preceding my termination, along with the others wrongfully terminated, which will only open up whistleblower lawsuits against shirk and the pd's office. So, calling me inept, poor, my novel is garbage, ridicule the car I drive, disparage my wife and her family -- sorry, you only know me superficially. But i will no longer sit idly by. I will take the 100+ posts, and the ones topix has already deleted because they were so defamatory, and hand them to Ms. Corey and Mr. Cervone, whom have subpoena power. If they can catch a perp in his basement downloading child porn, catching you will be like shooting fish in a barrel. No one in my family is a public figure even though you have mistakenly taken liberties. This is a violation of FL Stat 784.048. Not only are you subject to civil liability, you have now exposed yourself to criminal prosecution. Also, if you're an attorney, the Florida bar will be alerted. I will no longer tolerate comments made about my wife and I, especially when I am not the one you have accused. Shirk, all on his own, has created a vast number of haters. But, I know you know this. Posting here is just your way to besmirch me. You're a covetous creature and have no other outlet and you do this anonymously, likely because you're afraid of being exposed as a fraud. Besides, if I desired to really sink shirk, then I would have accepted to go on record with Kaytln Ross of First Coast News, or would have called back Matt Dixon with the Times Union and given a statement, or spoken with the other authorities who have contacted me regarding this ongoing investigation, all of which I have declined. I have stayed out of this mess with shirk. Why? I have moved on. Whatever happens to him, I couldn't care less. Ask Ms. Katyln Ross, that is a direct quote. So, I ask you kindly: please refrain, otherwise, I will do as I said and deliver the 18+ months of posts to Corey and Cervone and let them discover who you are, and the other cowardly culprit(s). What better timing than now to strike while the iron is hot? However, if you feel you're immune, then by all means, keep posting and we will let the authorities take over. This is my one and only shot across the bow. We ain't playing Texas Hold'em. I ain't bluffin'. I have given you the power to decide your fate. Truce? Your call. There is blood in the water and Cervone is a hungry shark!
Mayhem

Middleburg, FL

#10034 Sep 18, 2013
Sean, Please sink the Shirk Ship Now. Do Not Hold Back. Is any one looking out for the real clients?? I lost my job over a parking space.
Semper Vigilant

Jacksonville, FL

#10035 Sep 19, 2013
Sean Espenship wrote:
To English is First Language:
You are a person who has met with failure and have attributed this failure to me. Thus, your feelings are alleviated by thinking that I, and not fate, is responsible for your bad luck. You take aim at me because: 1. You're a covetous sociopath, and 2. I am the one who disclosed shirk's misuse of public funds (the hiring of mallet, bisbee, and holzbaur, their inflated salaries, none comporting with fiscal conservatism, and their wholly unwarranted positions at the pd's office); the abuse of power and violations of public trust ("Cargate"). Consequently, I was fired. Then me, my wife and her family have ever since become the brunt of ridicule for making public shirk's wrongdoings, things only now that have come to fruition, along with many of his other shortcomings. I am sure emails exists during the months, weeks, and days preceding my termination, along with the others wrongfully terminated, which will only open up whistleblower lawsuits against shirk and the pd's office. So, calling me inept, poor, my novel is garbage, ridicule the car I drive, disparage my wife and her family -- sorry, you only know me superficially. But i will no longer sit idly by. I will take the 100+ posts, and the ones topix has already deleted because they were so defamatory, and hand them to Ms. Corey and Mr. Cervone, whom have subpoena power. If they can catch a perp in his basement downloading child porn, catching you will be like shooting fish in a barrel. No one in my family is a public figure even though you have mistakenly taken liberties. This is a violation of FL Stat 784.048. Not only are you subject to civil liability, you have now exposed yourself to criminal prosecution. Also, if you're an attorney, the Florida bar will be alerted. I will no longer tolerate comments made about my wife and I, especially when I am not the one you have accused. Shirk, all on his own, has created a vast number of haters. But, I know you know this. Posting here is just your way to besmirch me. You're a covetous creature and have no other outlet and you do this anonymously, likely because you're afraid of being exposed as a fraud. Besides, if I desired to really sink shirk, then I would have accepted to go on record with Kaytln Ross of First Coast News, or would have called back Matt Dixon with the Times Union and given a statement, or spoken with the other authorities who have contacted me regarding this ongoing investigation, all of which I have declined. I have stayed out of this mess with shirk. Why? I have moved on. Whatever happens to him, I couldn't care less. Ask Ms. Katyln Ross, that is a direct quote. So, I ask you kindly: please refrain, otherwise, I will do as I said and deliver the 18+ months of posts to Corey and Cervone and let them discover who you are, and the other cowardly culprit(s). What better timing than now to strike while the iron is hot? However, if you feel you're immune, then by all means, keep posting and we will let the authorities take over. This is my one and only shot across the bow. We ain't playing Texas Hold'em. I ain't bluffin'. I have given you the power to decide your fate. Truce? Your call. There is blood in the water and Cervone is a hungry shark!
Bravo! Well said, Sean!
Citizen

United States

#10036 Sep 22, 2013
Everyone should wait for the full investigation, and stop thinking they should or even could control the outcome.

I find it interesting that those employed defending the accused do not seem to afford a measure of "innocent until proven guilty" to Mr. Shirk. Ask yourself...do you only believe in the law if/when it seems beneficial? Hypocrisy perhaps?

If anyone would like to have a civil discussion about this, please respond.
Babaloo

Port Orange, FL

#10037 Sep 22, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Everyone should wait for the full investigation, and stop thinking they should or even could control the outcome.
I find it interesting that those employed defending the accused do not seem to afford a measure of "innocent until proven guilty" to Mr. Shirk. Ask yourself...do you only believe in the law if/when it seems beneficial? Hypocrisy perhaps?
If anyone would like to have a civil discussion about this, please respond.
You can base a large part of your opinion largely on shirk's own words, or his wife saying today he's FOS.

There's no denying the texts and the firings.

There's no denying the wife's behavior.

There's no denying drinking in the office.

Etc etc.
Last Call

Jacksonville, FL

#10038 Sep 22, 2013
Babaloo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can base a large part of your opinion largely on shirk's own words, or his wife saying today he's FOS.
There's no denying the texts and the firings.
There's no denying the wife's behavior.
There's no denying drinking in the office.
Etc etc.
What's with the expenditure for all the purchases on Total Wine? I wanna say there was close to $1000.00 spent on a couple of different occasions. The finest restaurants and the U Club for a person running for the PD's office? Such shameful, crass, abhorrent behavior.
Citizen

United States

#10039 Sep 22, 2013
Babaloo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can base a large part of your opinion largely on shirk's own words, or his wife saying today he's FOS.
There's no denying the texts and the firings.
There's no denying the wife's behavior.
There's no denying drinking in the office.
Etc etc.
You mean a scorned woman's words? I do agree that she had no right to an access badge, nor should she have had decision power for hiring and firing.

Drinking in the office is inappropriate. Is it illegal? Perhaps public sector makes it so. I don't know. Stupid nonetheless.
Babaloo

Port Orange, FL

#10040 Sep 22, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a scorned woman's words? I do agree that she had no right to an access badge, nor should she have had decision power for hiring and firing.
Drinking in the office is inappropriate. Is it illegal? Perhaps public sector makes it so. I don't know. Stupid nonetheless.
As she set right next to him.....contradicting his "just e-cards" crap.

Look, he's admitted to sending inappropriate texts, followed by their termination.

And yes, it is illegal to drink in city buildings. He's admitted to that as well.

We know for a fact he installed a shower in his own office that is inaccessible to the employees.(Btw, they do not have one. Also, btw, one has to wonder why he needs one at all. His story about him needing it after runs is comical, considering how infrequent he actually goes to work.)

The campaign finance stuff is just another look into what he's about.
Uh oh

Jacksonville, FL

#10041 Sep 23, 2013
How about spending that campaign cash for his own personal benefit. Didn't Jessie Jackson Jr. just get sentenced to federal prison for that? Wonder how that 475 dollar hotel bill in October related to his campaign. And his "charitable" contribution at the RPDS auction that he "in no way" received personal benefit from? No benefit except that it was an auction where he purchased swanky dinners. I'm pretty sure they frown on using campaign cash as a personal slush account. No wonder he got himself an attorney. First smart move the man's made.
Citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#10042 Sep 23, 2013
Babaloo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know for a fact he installed a shower in his own office that is inaccessible to the employees.(Btw, they do not have one. Also, btw, one has to wonder why he needs one at all. His story about him needing it after runs is comical, considering how infrequent he actually goes to work.)
The campaign finance stuff is just another look into what he's about.
Do we know whether any other PDs in the state have showers in the office? Do we know whether this would fall under discretionary spending?
Hitthefan

Yulee, FL

#10043 Sep 23, 2013
Don't see the shower as a big deal.
Citizen

United States

#10044 Sep 23, 2013
Hitthefan wrote:
Don't see the shower as a big deal.
neither do I. That is why I brought up other PDs in the state. They might have access to the same or similar.
FreeB

Jacksonville, FL

#10045 Sep 24, 2013
http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.com/news/pr...

Here is the article, in case you don't have a paid membership to read it via the Times Union.
curious

United States

#10046 Sep 24, 2013
There was a shower in Shirk's office in the old PD building. There were also showers that employees could use in the restrooms on the main floor of the old building. From the article it appears that the only shower in the new building is the one in his office. I doubt he allows anyone who wants to use it to do so.
Citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#10047 Sep 24, 2013
curious wrote:
There was a shower in Shirk's office in the old PD building. There were also showers that employees could use in the restrooms on the main floor of the old building. From the article it appears that the only shower in the new building is the one in his office. I doubt he allows anyone who wants to use it to do so.
Do you believe all public defenders who have such ammenities must also ensure that their employees have the same?
curious

Jacksonville, FL

#10048 Sep 25, 2013
If those amenities currently exist in a building the PD occupies or are in place in a building that a PD office is moving into I wouldn't say that the PD needs to make sure that everyone has the same amenities, but when you spend money on a remodel of a building I would say that you should make sure that if installing shower facilities those should be available to all staff
Citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#10049 Sep 25, 2013
curious wrote:
If those amenities currently exist in a building the PD occupies or are in place in a building that a PD office is moving into I wouldn't say that the PD needs to make sure that everyone has the same amenities, but when you spend money on a remodel of a building I would say that you should make sure that if installing shower facilities those should be available to all staff
Point taken. In my more than two decades in the workforce, I have always had a boss with greater benefits than the staff (and that includes me). This is an expenditure that wasn't necessary in my opinion, but was it unlawful?
curious

United States

#10050 Sep 25, 2013
I don't think it is an unlawful expenditure just not a necessary one.
Uh oh

Fernandina Beach, FL

#10051 Sep 25, 2013
Who cares about the shower. How about destruction of public records and campaign finance violations. How about handing out cushion jobs at salaries higher than the attorneys. That shower is the least of Shirks problems.
Hitthefan

Linden, NJ

#10052 Sep 26, 2013
Uh oh wrote:
Who cares about the shower. How about destruction of public records and campaign finance violations. How about handing out cushion jobs at salaries higher than the attorneys. That shower is the least of Shirks problems.
Agreed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgia - Waycross Home of Televangelist Juanit... (Oct '07) 4 hr Mz Roze 54
Smoking Weed In Florida is Legal Now? 8 hr Laura K 3
Iron Order mc (Jul '14) 16 hr Rider 50
Review: First Coast MD (Aug '09) Thu hollywood32226 68
Review: Galaktic Studios Mar 25 devaughn38 1
Casual Dating in Jacksonville Mar 25 SouthSider 5
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Mar 23 Jack be nimble 174
Jacksonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jacksonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]