Event Horizan

Jacksonville, FL

#9727 Jul 30, 2013
Is it true that the very same young hire i referred 2 in my last (first post) is now seeking legal advise for wrongful dismissal (just asking).

hey Oscar you are a great secretary your boss must be proud. here is some more work for you please correct any gramarikal or speling mistaks. thanks buddy but dont expect me to care. as for hitching a wagon to a mule like C. F., forget about it.
Didnt go to Nova either went to a great local Skool Just like alot others.
Transcript

United States

#9728 Jul 30, 2013
Semper Vigilant wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Alexis is not alone. Surely, there must be many more attorneys in the area who the same could be said about.
Where is the so called transcript? Hello?
Well

Jacksonville, FL

#9729 Jul 30, 2013
HitTheFan wrote:
Rumor has it that Mr. Shirk will be making a guest appearance at the Public Defender's Office on Monday after his 5 week sabbatical to address his minions.
Did this happen or not?
Well

Jacksonville, FL

#9730 Jul 30, 2013
Event Horizan wrote:
Is it true that the very same young hire i referred 2 in my last (first post) is now seeking legal advise for wrongful dismissal (just asking).
hey Oscar you are a great secretary your boss must be proud. here is some more work for you please correct any gramarikal or speling mistaks. thanks buddy but dont expect me to care. as for hitching a wagon to a mule like C. F., forget about it.
When was the "young hire" fired? Why is she waiting until now to think of hiring an attorney?
Truth

Jacksonville, FL

#9731 Jul 30, 2013
Semper Vigilant wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Alexis is not alone. Surely, there must be many more attorneys in the area who the same could be said about.
Maybe someone should check out the Judge because rumor has it that this prosecutor was upset because this Judge dismissed a second degree murder charge which is unheard of in Duval County after a multitude of poor decisions on the bench including letting people out of jail after being accused or convicted of serious crimes
Truth

Jacksonville, FL

#9732 Jul 30, 2013
Real wrote:
Check out the public transcript of SA Alexis Sykes acting like a lunatic in front of Judge Suzanne Bass. Great reading at sidebar where both the Judge and OC tell her she is an embarrassment to lawyers everywhere. Perfect example of the disrespectful and unethical behavior promulgated by Angela Corey. What a disgrace.
Is it true that Judge Bass dismissed a second degree murder charge in this case?
curious

Ocala, FL

#9733 Jul 31, 2013
the judge found that the state didn't put on enough evidence to go forward on second degree murder only on a manslaughter. In the Times union today there are done excerpts from the transcript
Babaloo

Hollywood, FL

#9734 Jul 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someone should check out the Judge because rumor has it that this prosecutor was upset because this Judge dismissed a second degree murder charge which is unheard of in Duval County after a multitude of poor decisions on the bench including letting people out of jail after being accused or convicted of serious crimes
Perhaps the fact it is "unheard of in Duval County" should tell you something....such as that it may be it should be more "heard of" to require evidence.

Btw, the "mistake on the bench" you are trying out here was based upon an agreed upon deal the State put forth and the "let out of jail" you speak of is the guy's sentence expiring. Not exactly a judicial mistake.
Babaloo

Hollywood, FL

#9735 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
the judge found that the state didn't put on enough evidence to go forward on second degree murder only on a manslaughter. In the Times union today there are done excerpts from the transcript
Can't find it to save my life. Give a dude a hand, please!
huh

Jacksonville, FL

#9736 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
i don't see it. can you provide a link here please?
Yawn

United States

#9737 Aug 1, 2013
Event Horizan wrote:
The fact you used advise instead of advice shows you're ignorant. I don't believe for a minute that you are bright and went to a 'good' school.
Curious

Jacksonville, FL

#9738 Aug 2, 2013
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-08-01...

Read the comments. Someone posted that Matt (I assume that's who they are referring to?) is facing a lawsuit soon as well just like Angela. What is this Matt thing about?
reply to curious

Jacksonville, FL

#9739 Aug 2, 2013
the rumor going around is that a former legal assistant is planning on filing a wrongful termination suit against the pd office. She was allegedly having an affair with Matt and when his wife found out he was given an ultimatum and fired the legal assistant
question

Jacksonville, FL

#9740 Aug 2, 2013
reply to curious wrote:
the rumor going around is that a former legal assistant is planning on filing a wrongful termination suit against the pd office. She was allegedly having an affair with Matt and when his wife found out he was given an ultimatum and fired the legal assistant
when was she fired?
it wont matter

United States

#9741 Aug 4, 2013
In March 2012, Republican congressional candidate Jimmy Jett went public with a blockbuster accusation.
Jett, the former Clay County Clerk of the circuit court, announced a pair of prominent supporters of then-Congressman Cliff Stearns had sought to bribe him to drop out of the race for a new congressional seat. He said the pair was Jim Horne and Jud Sapp.
He said Jim Horne, formerly Florida's Education Secretary, who as a Senator was a key cog in then Governor Jeb Bush’s plans for education reform and was in fact tapped by Governor Bush in 2001 to take the reins of the Nation’s first ever K-20 system of education. The Senator resigned a year early on his senate term of office to become the state’s first ever appointed Commissioner of Education. As Commissioner he took on the challenge of reorganizing three separate delivery systems (Universities, Community Colleges and K-12) into one efficient seamless system of education. Jim was also responsible for implementing the most robust education reforms in the Nation and overseeing the distribution of the entire K-20 budget of nearly $20 billion dollars.
But, more importantly; Horne was the catalyst behind many of the education reforms spearheaded by Governor Bush and that are now national models. Now he’s going around sending messages on behalf of whom?
Jett also said; Jud Sapp, a prominent Clay County businessman — acted with Stearns' full knowledge in offering him federal jobs or money to repay campaign loans.
Jett says the FBI holds the evidence of the plot. A pair of Special Agents Byron Thompson and Blanka Sanchez Gilbert — recorded Sapp and Horne discussions of the proposals at his home in nearly identical phone calls from both men relaying the offers. Offering a federal job “‘as consideration, favor or reward' for political support” is a violation of federal law!
Yet the sensational allegation fizzled almost as quickly as it emerged, and Jett's calls for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to explain why it soured on pursuing his accusations have gone unanswered.
Jett says he also believes high-ranking FBI officials in Washington pulled back on the agents for fear of implicating not just one sitting congressman but also Speaker of the House John Boehner.
Boehner visited Clay County at the time on a fundraising swing with Stearns.
Jett, meanwhile, filed his initial FOIA request with the FBI on Dec. 26. They concluded that Jett had not clearly demonstrated “that the public interest in disclosure outweighs the personal privacy interest (of those he named) and that significant public benefit would result from the disclosure of the requested records.” Jett challenged that in a response letter, calling the public interest “substantial.”
“The investigation involved elected public officials, candidates for public office and influential supporters of congressional candidates involved in the electoral process, as well as attempts to influence and corrupt this electoral process,” Jett wrote.
question

Jacksonville, FL

#9742 Aug 4, 2013
it wont matter wrote:
In March 2012, Republican congressional candidate Jimmy Jett went public with a blockbuster accusation.
Jett, the former Clay County Clerk of the circuit court, announced a pair of prominent supporters of then-Congressman Cliff Stearns had sought to bribe him to drop out of the race for a new congressional seat. He said the pair was Jim Horne and Jud Sapp.
He said Jim Horne, formerly Florida's Education Secretary, who as a Senator was a key cog in then Governor Jeb Bush’s plans for education reform and was in fact tapped by Governor Bush in 2001 to take the reins of the Nation’s first ever K-20 system of education. The Senator resigned a year early on his senate term of office to become the state’s first ever appointed Commissioner of Education. As Commissioner he took on the challenge of reorganizing three separate delivery systems (Universities, Community Colleges and K-12) into one efficient seamless system of education. Jim was also responsible for implementing the most robust education reforms in the Nation and overseeing the distribution of the entire K-20 budget of nearly $20 billion dollars.
But, more importantly; Horne was the catalyst behind many of the education reforms spearheaded by Governor Bush and that are now national models. Now he’s going around sending messages on behalf of whom?
Jett also said; Jud Sapp, a prominent Clay County businessman — acted with Stearns' full knowledge in offering him federal jobs or money to repay campaign loans.
Jett says the FBI holds the evidence of the plot. A pair of Special Agents Byron Thompson and Blanka Sanchez Gilbert — recorded Sapp and Horne discussions of the proposals at his home in nearly identical phone calls from both men relaying the offers. Offering a federal job “‘as consideration, favor or reward' for political support” is a violation of federal law!
Yet the sensational allegation fizzled almost as quickly as it emerged, and Jett's calls for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to explain why it soured on pursuing his accusations have gone unanswered.
Jett says he also believes high-ranking FBI officials in Washington pulled back on the agents for fear of implicating not just one sitting congressman but also Speaker of the House John Boehner.
Boehner visited Clay County at the time on a fundraising swing with Stearns.
Jett, meanwhile, filed his initial FOIA request with the FBI on Dec. 26. They concluded that Jett had not clearly demonstrated “that the public interest in disclosure outweighs the personal privacy interest (of those he named) and that significant public benefit would result from the disclosure of the requested records.” Jett challenged that in a response letter, calling the public interest “substantial.”
“The investigation involved elected public officials, candidates for public office and influential supporters of congressional candidates involved in the electoral process, as well as attempts to influence and corrupt this electoral process,” Jett wrote.
what does ANY of this have to do with what this thread is about, which is the state attorney and public defender?
just the facts

Jacksonville, FL

#9743 Aug 5, 2013
interesting read on the Marissa Alexander case:
http://www.sao4th.com/2013/08/05/the-truth-ab...
Observer

Jacksonville, FL

#9744 Aug 6, 2013
reply to curious wrote:
Rumors are just that. Rumors. They serve to hurt others and make some feel better about themselves in the meantime. Is there any proof?
Eros

Jacksonville, FL

#9745 Aug 7, 2013
Here is what the articles failed to tell you.

Second degree murder is a scheduled offense under the 10-20-Life statute meaning that this defendant, because he used a gun, would have done life. If he had used a knife he would have done 7 years or so.

Manslaughter is not a scheduled offense. If convicted the defendant would do 5 years or so.

The judge, by striking the Second degree murder charge, took life off the table.

10-20-life is a screwy law that puts lots of people in jail for too long. It's easy to say that anyone who kills another deserves life, but it's not true. If you saw more cases up close, you would agree. Look at Marissa Alexander. Should she be doing 20 years? No intelligent person thinks so--that why Angela Corey offered her 3 years.
Event Horizan

Jacksonville, FL

#9746 Aug 8, 2013
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you used advise instead of advice shows you're ignorant. I don't believe for a minute that you are bright and went to a 'good' school.
So sorry that you had to wake out of your 20 year nap to correct a single word error of mine when as Oscar was so happy to point out there are so so many more. Which means my sleepy friend I choose Oscar over you to be my official correction secretary. So back to sleep with you and dream that what you think matters and rest soundly knowing that what I think does not, except to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know which restaurants will be open Chri... (Dec '08) 16 min jake 91
Peaceful protest, does it mean damage to business? 3 hr Toaster 3
Fool Austrailians let-in the Muzzi-wogs ... 4 hr Toaster 8
keith pierson twins (Jun '08) 15 hr Wordsworth 122
Bantu savages jigaabboo at cops murder 16 hr King of wisdom 13
Marco Rubio 17 hr King of wisdom 5
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) Wed Austin_Panty_guy 42
Jacksonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web