State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Newspaper

Jacksonville, FL

#6453 May 27, 2011
I agree with the earlier poster - the best investigative reporting has been done by the Folio. The Times Union is a joke, nothing more than fluff pieces.
David Taylor

United States

#6456 May 28, 2011
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>If I recall, Folio does a much better job at investigative reporting then the TU ever has with the office. Clearly, the TU has not wanted to offended anyone in any office in years. Their reporting has been lackluster, at best, in the past several years. It's readership has declined significantly as a result.
Huh?
Topic

Jacksonville, FL

#6457 May 28, 2011
Why is Topix removing posts? Where is the one posted today with newspaper article links Paul Pinkham did on Jackie Lunsford and Rosalie Bolin? Is this censorship? Why are you removing them?
thinker

Jacksonville, FL

#6458 May 30, 2011
Feasting at the Trough wrote:
Did Will Durden leave the office?
yes
thinker

Jacksonville, FL

#6459 May 30, 2011
TimesUnionReader wrote:
Is it true? I was told today that Paul Pinkham now works at the Public Defender Office? That doesn't make sense.
it's true. he works at the pdo.
thinker

Jacksonville, FL

#6460 May 30, 2011
my guess is pinkham is not being paid from the regular funds but is instead from due process. harder to find out what someone is making when they are paid from due process but not difficult - just harder.
Draft Al Chipperfield

Clearwater, FL

#6461 Jun 1, 2011
Will someone please go ahead and draft Al Chipperfield to run for public defender? He is mroe than qualified and is as smart and dedicated as they come. He would clearly have the support of the entire legal community. I don't know what his party affiliation is, but might not matter.

Times are a changin' in Jacksonville.
Amy

Saint Augustine, FL

#6462 Jun 1, 2011
thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
yes
Does anyone know why? Wasn't he Shirks old partner? Wasn't he deeply embedded in the campaign?
Voter

Jacksonville, FL

#6463 Jun 2, 2011
Draft Al Chipperfield wrote:
Will someone please go ahead and draft Al Chipperfield to run for public defender? He is mroe than qualified and is as smart and dedicated as they come. He would clearly have the support of the entire legal community. I don't know what his party affiliation is, but might not matter.
Times are a changin' in Jacksonville.
Al Chipperfield has my vote!
Voter

Jacksonville, FL

#6464 Jun 2, 2011
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone know why? Wasn't he Shirks old partner? Wasn't he deeply embedded in the campaign?
No clue. Does anyone know what's going on?
Squid Shark

United States

#6465 Jun 2, 2011
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
No clue. Does anyone know what's going on?
Uh, yha, he got busted for demanding money from public defender clients for legal services rendered. Can't wait to see how our office spins this one in the press. I hear he's looking at a felony charge and a little stint on the chain gang. Was he Shirk's partner?
Mayhem

Green Cove Springs, FL

#6466 Jun 2, 2011
Wow, That is good stuff. I tried to look it up on Showcase, but it is down.

Isn't Mr. Durden, Judge Mallory Cooper's Brother??
Question

Jacksonville, FL

#6467 Jun 2, 2011
Squid Shark wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, yha, he got busted for demanding money from public defender clients for legal services rendered. Can't wait to see how our office spins this one in the press. I hear he's looking at a felony charge and a little stint on the chain gang. Was he Shirk's partner?
Being "busted" and being adjudicated are two different things. Accusations are just that until proven otherwise, no? If he was "busted" as you say, by who was he "busted" and is anyone else involved or is he the only one?
skip ogian

AOL

#6468 Jun 2, 2011
I think Chipperfield or just about any qualified attorney could beat Shirk.

I don't think anyone could beat Corey.
Agree

Jacksonville, FL

#6469 Jun 2, 2011
skip ogian wrote:
I think Chipperfield or just about any qualified attorney could beat Shirk.
I don't think anyone could beat Corey.
You are right.
Amy

Saint Augustine, FL

#6470 Jun 2, 2011
Squid Shark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Sounds like a fede4ral public corruption charge.
Talk

Jacksonville, FL

#6471 Jun 3, 2011
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Sounds like a fede4ral public corruption charge.
Does anyone know for sure whether charges have been made? Does it involve just him or others, too?
Information

Jacksonville, FL

#6472 Jun 3, 2011
Until someone has proof, gossiping about Will Durden isn't okay to do. Show us a link to a story. Show us a link where we can look up the case. If you have nothing, it's really not fair to talk about someone.
Squid Shark

United States

#6473 Jun 3, 2011
Information wrote:
Until someone has proof, gossiping about Will Durden isn't okay to do. Show us a link to a story. Show us a link where we can look up the case. If you have nothing, it's really not fair to talk about someone.
Where there is smoke .... Ask our beloved boss "where's Durden?" Ask our chief ass. "where's Durden?" The answers to your questions are right here under our roof. Just ask.
Durden

Clearwater, FL

#6474 Jun 3, 2011
I hear a state wide prosecutor investigated Durden and had someone wear a wire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll When did you first have sex, how was it? (Dec '07) 15 hr emmy2 90
News On Your Side - Pot Pie Recall (Oct '07) 19 hr pot pie joe 49
News Strange & Unusual - Misprinted $20 Bill Sells f... (Mar '07) Wed Shawn McGwyer 88
Chronic Pain, Anxiety Meds and Others Mar 21 retired old dude 3
Review: Seaco Renovations (Feb '14) Mar 17 DON MERRITT 2
please fire joy purdy and donna hicken (Jul '11) Mar 16 Chipmarc 11
do you have a forbidden sex story? (Aug '14) Mar 15 Bridgetffib2754 22

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages