State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Races

United States

#6140 Feb 5, 2011
Need News wrote:
What is the scoop on Amy Newby? I read that she was arrested in court Thursday while at a hearing. Sounds like she pissed someone off!
Who is Amy Newby?
Question

Jacksonville, FL

#6141 Feb 5, 2011
Need News wrote:
What is the scoop on Amy Newby? I read that she was arrested in court Thursday while at a hearing. Sounds like she pissed someone off!
What does Amy Newby have to do with this thread topic? She doesn't work at wither the State Attorney Office or Public Defender Office.
Need News

Saint Augustine, FL

#6143 Feb 5, 2011
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Amy Newby have to do with this thread topic? She doesn't work at wither the State Attorney Office or Public Defender Office.
Amy has nothing to do with the PDO or SAO, but she is a lawyer practicing here and I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone had heard anything. Sorry if I broke your rules. My bad.
black spot

Jacksonville, FL

#6144 Feb 5, 2011
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
who the hell do you think you are? the Topix police? We will post what we want where we want and you can and will do NOTHING about it. So shut your pie hole.
Clay One

Saint Augustine, FL

#6145 Feb 6, 2011
Races wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Amy Newby?
Someone who took ethics with David Taylor.
wow

Jacksonville, FL

#6146 Feb 6, 2011
black spot wrote:
<quoted text>
who the hell do you think you are? the Topix police? We will post what we want where we want and you can and will do NOTHING about it. So shut your pie hole.
wow - forget your meds?
j voter

Decatur, GA

#6147 Feb 7, 2011
Races

United States

#6148 Feb 7, 2011
Talkinsmack

United States

#6149 Feb 7, 2011
Clearly not, the person posting is obviously a campaign worker for the guy running against Rutherford.
Races

United States

#6150 Feb 7, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
Clearly not, the person posting is obviously a campaign worker for the guy running against Rutherford.
Fair enough. I just didn't have the patience to click on all five million links. I was hoping at least one link was about the topic of this blog. Oh well.
concerned citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#6151 Feb 7, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
Where do you go to find that date, I couldn't find it on the supervisor of elections website?
You would have to check out the Florida Division of Elections but I think it's too soon for that information. You can probably find it posted later in the year. It was March or April in 2008.
Easy

United States

#6152 Feb 7, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> You would have to check out the Florida Division of Elections but I think it's too soon for that information. You can probably find it posted later in the year. It was March or April in 2008.
There's no waiting. It's set by law.

NOON, April 30, 2012 - NOON May 4, 2012
Races

United States

#6153 Feb 8, 2011
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>There's no waiting. It's set by law.

NOON, April 30, 2012 - NOON May 4, 2012
Thank you for posting that. I had no idea what the date range was.
Keke

Jacksonville, FL

#6154 Feb 8, 2011
Where do you look to find those dates?
SP

United States

#6155 Feb 9, 2011
Keke wrote:
Where do you look to find those dates?
Probably on the Duval County Supervisor of Elections website?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6156 Feb 9, 2011
How come Angela Corey tries death penalty cases and the elected public defender doesn't?
Qualified

Jacksonville, FL

#6157 Feb 9, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
How come Angela Corey tries death penalty cases and the elected public defender doesn't?
You have to be qualified to do it.
Nautilus

Saint Augustine, FL

#6158 Feb 9, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
Because Angela is smart and she is not lazy. Get it?
Hmmmm

United States

#6159 Feb 9, 2011
The head guy at the public defenders office isn't qualified? Or he is qualified and is just lazy? Or is he unqualified and lazy?
Nautilus

Saint Augustine, FL

#6160 Feb 9, 2011
Hmmmm wrote:
The head guy at the public defenders office isn't qualified? Or he is qualified and is just lazy? Or is he unqualified and lazy?
He's qualified lazy. How dat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jose M. soon to be a Shower Queen 13 hr Mr M 5
Fatal Shooting Shadow Run/ Riverview? (Mar '09) Fri Back Atcha Vi 1,476
Be Very Careful, Commissioners........ Jul 19 SW Citizen 8
The worst TV news people in Jax are? (Feb '08) Jul 19 Shelldog 365
News Jessica Lunsford's Father Says Detectives Didn'... (Feb '08) Jul 15 mr jobob 47
slept with a Navy officers wife while he was on... Jul 13 JLMroster 1
News Strange & Unusual - Misprinted $20 Bill Sells f... (Mar '07) Jul 12 Jack 90

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages