State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Talkinsmack

United States

#6120 Feb 2, 2011
I hear Sam Garrison and Mark Borello are staring each other down for the next judgeship race. Anybody got the inside scoop on that one?
Finally

United States

#6121 Feb 2, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
I hear Sam Garrison and Mark Borello are staring each other down for the next judgeship race. Anybody got the inside scoop on that one?
Finally a post worth talking about! That's very interesting. I like Garrison's chances. He's already ran a good race. I hear Angela has been trying to push Garrison out. Probably because she wants to support her Director, Borello.
Race

United States

#6122 Feb 3, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
When is the next judge race?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6123 Feb 3, 2011
I would assume the next set of races for Judge will be in August of 2012. Anyone hear about this rivalry?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6124 Feb 3, 2011
A lot has been said here about whether someone will run against Shirk for PD, but it seems to me the guy is doing a good job of scaring off any potential Democratic challengers by reaching out to minorities, even if he doesn't raise much money, it doesn't look like anyone would have much of a chance against him. Anyone else agree? Also, any rumors of people thinking of running for state attorney against Angela?
Races

United States

#6125 Feb 3, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
A lot has been said here about whether someone will run against Shirk for PD, but it seems to me the guy is doing a good job of scaring off any potential Democratic challengers by reaching out to minorities, even if he doesn't raise much money, it doesn't look like anyone would have much of a chance against him. Anyone else agree? Also, any rumors of people thinking of running for state attorney against Angela?
Has Angela said she's running again?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6126 Feb 3, 2011
Has Shirk?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6127 Feb 3, 2011
Come to think of it, does anyone really want that job, especially now that Gov. Scott is gonna start requiring pension contributions etc etc etc.
Races

United States

#6128 Feb 3, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
Come to think of it, does anyone really want that job, especially now that Gov. Scott is gonna start requiring pension contributions etc etc etc.
If a person can't cut it in private practice, why would anyone not want that job?
Talkinsmack

United States

#6129 Feb 3, 2011
Anyone know when the qualifying date is set in either of those races? I thought it was curious that the qualification date for the mayors race was in mid January when the election is only 8 weeks later in march. Seems like there would bs more of a gap.
trolly

United States

#6130 Feb 3, 2011
Rick Scott is the man! He really knows how to cut the milk to all those fat lazy veil calves sucking off the government tit. I hope he keeps cutting state benefits and salaries so I can save on my taxes.
Explain

United States

#6131 Feb 3, 2011
trolly wrote:
Rick Scott is the man! He really knows how to cut the milk to all those fat lazy veil calves sucking off the government tit. I hope he keeps cutting state benefits and salaries so I can save on my taxes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rick Scott fan. But please tell me what taxes you are paying that you think will be lowered because we make state employees contribute to their retirement, among other things? Let's see, the income tax? Nope, we don't have one. Um, property taxes?! Nah, almost all property taxes stay local. Oh, I know, it must be the sales tax! Nope, wrong again. There are a number of taxing authorities with their hands in that. The reality is NONE of your taxes are going down. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.........
trolly

United States

#6132 Feb 4, 2011
Explain wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rick Scott fan. But please tell me what taxes you are paying that you think will be lowered because we make state employees contribute to their retirement, among other things? Let's see, the income tax? Nope, we don't have one. Um, property taxes?! Nah, almost all property taxes stay local. Oh, I know, it must be the sales tax! Nope, wrong again. There are a number of taxing authorities with their hands in that. The reality is NONE of your taxes are going down. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.........
If state employees contribute then that's less money that taxpayers have to put in to pay for these sorry sap suckers once they are put out to pasture. Maybe you can explain how the government gets its money except through confiscating it from its citizens first. My guess is your currently nursing and don't want to think about your momma's milk source.
hank cocks

Niceville, FL

#6133 Feb 4, 2011
lolololo

is this a ad hank????
Seriously

Jacksonville, FL

#6134 Feb 4, 2011
hank cocks wrote:
lolololo
is this a ad hank????
Is that necessary to make up a username that is partly crude?
Heywood Jablomi

United States

#6135 Feb 4, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that necessary to make up a username that is partly crude?
I couldn't agree more.
concerned citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#6136 Feb 5, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
At a salary of $153,000 a year, you bet someone would want it. And if you are like Matt Shirk you don't really have to do anything for that salary.
concerned citizen

Jacksonville, FL

#6137 Feb 5, 2011
Talkinsmack wrote:
Anyone know when the qualifying date is set in either of those races? I thought it was curious that the qualification date for the mayors race was in mid January when the election is only 8 weeks later in march. Seems like there would bs more of a gap.
Qualifying is in either March or April 2012.
Talkinsmack

United States

#6138 Feb 5, 2011
Where do you go to find that date, I couldn't find it on the supervisor of elections website?
Need News

Saint Augustine, FL

#6139 Feb 5, 2011
What is the scoop on Amy Newby? I read that she was arrested in court Thursday while at a hearing. Sounds like she pissed someone off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
greg somerset (Aug '10) 3 hr NaNa 7
News Two Suspects Arrested in Pharmacy Robbery (Feb '08) Mon Justice4jimmy 44
News Sisters of Cherish Perrywinkle removed from mother (Jul '13) Sun Mommies of 3 18
Bisexual top men in Jacksonville (May '12) Mar 26 Gut punch 12
Christianna ElMoussa Mar 26 Eberle 2
Evening Senior Romance Mar 24 SWAKER 2
Poll When did you first have sex, how was it? (Dec '07) Mar 23 emmy2 90

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages