State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Rockie

Jacksonville, FL

#4808 Sep 19, 2009
Sean Espenship wrote:
<quoted text>
glad you noticed that. you see, my wife is jewish, i'm not. all her family came in today from south florida and washington d.c. for rosh hashanah (you know, the jewish new year). are you at least aware of that? anyhow, i took the day off to make airport runs picking up family members. you see, i'm allotted a certain amount of vacation time a year, as most folks, and that's what i used. and it's all public record. thinks for asking, concerned TAX-PAYER! concerned? yeah right, get a grip! you ain't concerned about crap, but trying to smear me. nice try.
I bet "Duval Tax Payer" doesn't have the balls to come back and admit they made a mistake and then also apologize to you.
Sean Espenship

Atlantic Beach, FL

#4809 Sep 19, 2009
Rockie wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet "Duval Tax Payer" doesn't have the balls to come back and admit they made a mistake and then also apologize to you.
oh, i won't hold my breath for any apology. i've got a lot of haters out there -- well, actually, it's probably only a handful but they sure do clamor a lot, anyhow -- and as long as i continue to put myself out there, these bitter few will write whatever with the hopes of putting chinks in my armor. ain't worried about'em, all a bunch of damn cowards! and i hope you continue to check any sumbitch who again mentions another statie or pd employee. that just ain't right! and if any of these yellow-belly's think it's fair game, then they should log onto this blog under their real names, say what they gotta say about such employee, and i'm willing to bet the farm that we'll see some real fireworks then, eh? thanks for the support, whomever you are.
Public Figures

Orange Park, FL

#4810 Sep 19, 2009
Sean Espenship wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, i won't hold my breath for any apology. i've got a lot of haters out there -- well, actually, it's probably only a handful but they sure do clamor a lot, anyhow -- and as long as i continue to put myself out there, these bitter few will write whatever with the hopes of putting chinks in my armor. ain't worried about'em, all a bunch of damn cowards! and i hope you continue to check any sumbitch who again mentions another statie or pd employee. that just ain't right! and if any of these yellow-belly's think it's fair game, then they should log onto this blog under their real names, say what they gotta say about such employee, and i'm willing to bet the farm that we'll see some real fireworks then, eh? thanks for the support, whomever you are.
I have been trying to check that since the election ended, but both sides cant seem to resist the urge to trash the non public figures.
Sean Espenship

Atlantic Beach, FL

#4811 Sep 19, 2009
Public Figures wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been trying to check that since the election ended, but both sides cant seem to resist the urge to trash the non public figures.
yes you have ... and i applaud you.
ISSI

Orange Park, FL

#4812 Sep 19, 2009
Is everyone who were displaced by the changes after the SAO and PDO elections, working, changed careers, retired or attending school? How are they doing?
friendly fire

Jacksonville, FL

#4813 Oct 6, 2009
Public Figures wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense Sean--but the more stuff Matt puts in the paper about his staff and the more you jump on this blog, the more likely a citizen will view you as a public figure and fair game for comment-even about your personal life...just look and see what is happening to Letterman--what right does the public have to know about this guy's personal life--but he put himself out there....
interesting

Jacksonville, FL

#4814 Oct 18, 2009
friendly fire wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense Sean--but the more stuff Matt puts in the paper about his staff and the more you jump on this blog, the more likely a citizen will view you as a public figure and fair game for comment-even about your personal life...just look and see what is happening to Letterman--what right does the public have to know about this guy's personal life--but he put himself out there....
good point.
Public Figures

United States

#4815 Oct 21, 2009
Looks like Al Chipperfield has put his name in for one of the judicial positions.
Excited

Saint Augustine, FL

#4816 Oct 22, 2009
And what a great judge he would make! Go Al!
Good news

Jacksonville, FL

#4817 Oct 22, 2009
Public Figures wrote:
Looks like Al Chipperfield has put his name in for one of the judicial positions.
This is fantastic!!! He would make a great judge! Go, Al!!!!
Questioning

Saint Augustine, FL

#4818 Oct 22, 2009
From the Facebook Wall of Matt Shirk, Public Pretender:

"What a heartbreaking story that's unfolding in Clay County. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Somer Thompson."

We all have our personal views. But does this cross the line or what? With all of the huge, high profile case the last admin handled I can not remember them responding in a public forum like this.

Does anyone else think this is inappropriate, given his "elected" position? Just when I think this guy has outdone himself he surprises me.
Good news

Jacksonville, FL

#4819 Oct 22, 2009
Questioning wrote:
"What a heartbreaking story that's unfolding in Clay County. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Somer Thompson."
We all have our personal views. But does this cross the line or what? With all of the huge, high profile case the last admin handled I can not remember them responding in a public forum like this.
Does anyone else think this is inappropriate, given his "elected" position? Just when I think this guy has outdone himself he surprises me.
I did not know about that. I don't have a Facebook account, so there is probably no way for me to view that but assuming what you said is the truth, I don't think him posting that on his page is appropriate. It would be a different story if he posted that from a personal page but when you are posting as the Public Defender from your professional page, I don't agree with that.
Heartless

United States

#4820 Oct 22, 2009
Questioning wrote:
you are a heartless FOOL.
Confused

River Rouge, MI

#4821 Oct 22, 2009
Why is it inappropriate for an elected official or office to express compassion to a family whose daughter was taken? I mean dont you think it is silly to be upset that compassion is being shown? A public defender should ensure an innocent man isnt convicted of something they didnt do or that a guilty man recieves all his rights.. I dont think it means a public defender should be pro criminals...
Good news wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know about that. I don't have a Facebook account, so there is probably no way for me to view that but assuming what you said is the truth, I don't think him posting that on his page is appropriate. It would be a different story if he posted that from a personal page but when you are posting as the Public Defender from your professional page, I don't agree with that.
interesting

Jacksonville, FL

#4822 Oct 22, 2009
Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
it's too bad you can't make a longer comment but then again it's hard to do that on your iphone. i think that's where all iphone say they are from when someone posts in topix...pine lake ga.

get on a regular computer and go into detail about your thoughts. i would like to hear more.
Questioning

Saint Augustine, FL

#4823 Oct 22, 2009
Heartless wrote:
<quoted text>
I am neither heartless or a fool. I'm just saying it's inappropriate.

OK legal eagles, would a defendant be able to ask for a court appointed atty based on the Public Defender's public comment?

And of course my heart bleeds for that family, you knucklehead.
Name Recognition

United States

#4824 Oct 22, 2009
The FB page is just another name promotion tool. Shirk didnt give his campaign manager 80K a year to be the Public Information Officer for the PDO so he could twiddle his thumbs. Just like him getting his picture taken in front of the big sign with his name anytime one of his attorneys wins a trial. It is good politics.
interesting

Jacksonville, FL

#4825 Oct 23, 2009
Name Recognition wrote:
The FB page is just another name promotion tool. Shirk didnt give his campaign manager 80K a year to be the Public Information Officer for the PDO so he could twiddle his thumbs. Just like him getting his picture taken in front of the big sign with his name anytime one of his attorneys wins a trial. It is good politics.
who was his campaign manager?
Confused

River Rouge, MI

#4826 Oct 23, 2009
I dont see why the PD couldnt represent someone who was hypothetically charged with this crime. If they are defending them in trial then they would be doing so with the theory that the person was innnocent or they would get them the fairest deal possible and make sure all their rights are protected when they plea guilty. Are you suggesting that they should go to trial knowing someone is guilty and make up a story?
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text>
I am neither heartless or a fool. I'm just saying it's inappropriate.
OK legal eagles, would a defendant be able to ask for a court appointed atty based on the Public Defender's public comment?
And of course my heart bleeds for that family, you knucklehead.
Business

United States

#4827 Oct 24, 2009
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
who was his campaign manager?
Matt Bisbee, the current "Public Information Officer" at the Public Defenders Office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Donald Trump Supporter Shot In Cleveland Bar 3 hr Retired SOF 2
Need viewpoints 13 hr Fed up citizen 1
Is Jacksonville a good place to live for a long... (May '06) Thu Redneck Woman 259
Art n Illusion Hair Salon (Jun '15) Thu Caroline 22
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Wed Norman VN 1
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Jul 25 Hale boy 204
Jacksonville man busted for soliciting sex from... (Sep '08) Jul 25 Wow 18

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages