State Attorney and Public Defender (D...
Agreed

United States

#4505 Apr 26, 2009
black spot wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Everybody who posts here:
I have just reviewed this blog which I haven't seen in some time. As an original black spot member I have to say that I don't think anyone in that group routinely posts here and I dont' think anyone I know really has any animosity towards any current Asst. Public Defender. Personally I wish all of you well. I am quite proud and confident that Sean will do a fine job in Clay County. I think all of the current Public Defender division chiefs seem to be doing a great job and working hard under difficult caseloads. I see many younger attorneys now in felony court but everybody seems to be fighting the good fight. All of us black spots as far as I know wish all of you well. As for the black spots, all of us are very busy with our new professional lives. I am very happy doing what I am doing. Sometimes it pains me to see my name bandied about in these blogs as though my time in the PD's office was not well spent, but I know what I did and the work I put in and I am certainly proud of my service to the office. I would suggest that the best thing everyone can do is to move forward and be the best lawyer you can be. That is what I am trying to do.
I agree with most everything you say except that most 'black spots' don't routinely post here. I know for a fact that a few monitor and post on this blog regularly. A few have not moved on despite working another job. A few have made it there life goal to criticize and ridicule Shirk and the office. I know this because I've heard it over and over again at Mark's and BG night after night. Hopefully these few will wake up and move on with their lives. It's better to forgive then to continue the hatefest.
SAO

Jacksonville, FL

#4506 Apr 26, 2009
Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about at the SAO?
SAO is going well. Hard workers who are willing to pick up the slack even though the money is bad because the budget is bad. The working enviroment is great and the staff is entirely team like. Across the board the SAO prosecutors are winning cases that should be won and not prosecuting ones that shouldnt. It is a great time to be a prosecutor in the 4th circuit.
Bert

Orange Park, FL

#4507 Jun 20, 2009
SO, are we afraid to post?? Has FBC taken over??
Thinker

United States

#4508 Jun 21, 2009
Bert wrote:
SO, are we afraid to post?? Has FBC taken over??
Okay, I'll bite. How is everything going at the State Attorney and Public Defender Offices?
Happy to Hear

Saint Augustine, FL

#4509 Jul 11, 2009
I saw the article in the Daily Record about Pat, Ann and Lara. Front page! So glad to hear they are doing so well. Some of us never doubted that they would kick private practice butt and take names. Hard work pays off
yep

Englewood, CO

#4510 Jul 15, 2009
everyone who was so angry and were so upset about being let go are all now doing well and are probably much happier where they are today than they would be had they stayed. Who'd a thought that in a short six months things would have all settled down. Sometimes change is for the best.
Rumor Mill

Saint Augustine, FL

#4511 Jul 16, 2009
Any truth that Gonzo is ditching the PDO to join FM&N?
WRONG

Jacksonville, FL

#4512 Jul 17, 2009
yep wrote:
everyone who was so angry and were so upset about being let go are all now doing well and are probably much happier where they are today than they would be had they stayed. Who'd a thought that in a short six months things would have all settled down. Sometimes change is for the best.
You are WRONG, everyone is not doing well. There are still a lot of "let go" hardworking former employees that are not employed.
Bert

Orange Park, FL

#4513 Jul 18, 2009
Gonzo is gone
stay informed

Jacksonville, FL

#4514 Jul 24, 2009
Bert wrote:
Gonzo is gone
And, he is smiling from ear to ear he is so happy to be out of there.
So I hear Matt is going to board up the door to his office so everyone has to make an appointment with his secretary to see him? I guess that way he'll know to show up for work that day.
sean Espenship

Atlantic Beach, FL

#4515 Jul 24, 2009
stay informed wrote:
<quoted text>And, he is smiling from ear to ear he is so happy to be out of there.
So I hear Matt is going to board up the door to his office so everyone has to make an appointment with his secretary to see him? I guess that way he'll know to show up for work that day.
yes, gonzo has decided to leave. he was beloved by the old and new administration, as well as i. he joins a group of attorneys whom he has practiced his entire career with. who better else to join than your close friends, eh? i would. now, mr., or is it, ms. stay informed? i take exception to your slanderous comment about my boss. if you're informed as you say, you will have taken notice that under matt's administration, we have had to deal with 40% more filed cases, double the TRIALS, to go along with double the death cases, this all in a budget constrained year. this is all under matt's direction and the people he has selected to combat the Staties onslaught. so, check your information before you make such outlandish posts about MY boss. if not, you'll simply remain misinformed. but, my guess is, you'll dissect and critique everything i've written, blast me, and probably call me the devil himself. but, since i suspect you're on the outside looking in, you'll always remain uninformed, and never happy for those of us who choose to remain and fight the good fight with less money and a stacked deck. please, for all of us, let go of that anger inside of you, it does no one any good. that's all i have to say.
Iam

United States

#4516 Jul 24, 2009
stay informed wrote:
<quoted text>And, he is smiling from ear to ear he is so happy to be out of there.
Matt has always had an open-door policy. You are misinformed. He is an approachable guy and quite easy to talk with.
Chuckles

Saint Augustine, FL

#4517 Jul 27, 2009
sean Espenship wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, gonzo has decided to leave. he was beloved by the old and new administration, as well as i. he joins a group of attorneys whom he has practiced his entire career with. who better else to join than your close friends, eh? i would. now, mr., or is it, ms. stay informed? i take exception to your slanderous comment about my boss. if you're informed as you say, you will have taken notice that under matt's administration, we have had to deal with 40% more filed cases, double the TRIALS, to go along with double the death cases, this all in a budget constrained year. this is all under matt's direction and the people he has selected to combat the Staties onslaught. so, check your information before you make such outlandish posts about MY boss. if not, you'll simply remain misinformed. but, my guess is, you'll dissect and critique everything i've written, blast me, and probably call me the devil himself. but, since i suspect you're on the outside looking in, you'll always remain uninformed, and never happy for those of us who choose to remain and fight the good fight with less money and a stacked deck. please, for all of us, let go of that anger inside of you, it does no one any good. that's all i have to say.
Were you drinking when you penned this butt kissing rant? Hilarious!!!!!
Go Angela Go

Jacksonville, FL

#4518 Jul 27, 2009
sean Espenship wrote:
<quoted text>
"if you're informed as you say, you will have taken notice that under matt's administration, we have had to deal with 40% more filed cases, double the TRIALS, to go along with double the death cases, this all in a budget constrained year. this is all under matt's direction and the people he has selected to combat the Staties onslaught."
"State's onslaught" Classic!!! Great job Ms. Corey. Great Job. Now Jacksonille. Let's convict these pos when we're on a jury.
Swan Song

Saint Augustine, FL

#4519 Jul 29, 2009
Susie Y. got a permanent position at the Fed PD, yea, yea, yea!!!
stay informed

Jacksonville, FL

#4520 Jul 29, 2009
Swan Song wrote:
That is wonderful news.
stay informed

Jacksonville, FL

#4521 Jul 29, 2009
sean Espenship wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you, Sean, and I don't blame you for defending your boss if you want to keep your job. Maybe you have a good relationship with him - I hope so. Let's see what he does.
Huh

Niceville, FL

#4522 Jul 29, 2009
Swan Song wrote:
What about her husband - has he found something permanent?
Huh

Niceville, FL

#4523 Jul 29, 2009
stay informed wrote:
<quoted text> I know you, Sean, and I don't blame you for defending your boss if you want to keep your job. Maybe you have a good relationship with him - I hope so. Let's see what he does.
They are friends, right?
Sean Espenship

Atlantic Beach, FL

#4524 Jul 30, 2009
stay informed wrote:
<quoted text> I know you, Sean, and I don't blame you for defending your boss if you want to keep your job. Maybe you have a good relationship with him - I hope so. Let's see what he does.
i can see you're not a mean-spirited person, Stay Informed; however, lets set the record straight: i don't defend my boss to protect my job. oh no! i did it because it was the right thing to do. frankly, if matt were to fire me tomorrow, my salary would double,-- that's right, DOUBLE!-- albeit, doing crap i no longer wish to do (i.e., tax, corporate law). i stick around the pd's because my lots with the underdog, whether it be my clients, or watching march madness, i hope to remain a constant thorn in the MAN's arse! it's not financially rewarding, but is sure is gratifying. can't say the same for you, Go Angela Go! your post: "State's onslaught" Classic!!! Great job Ms. Corey. Great Job. Now Jacksonille. Let's convict these pos when we're on a jury." well, i'd agree with you if all the people arrested were rapist, murderers, armed robbers, burglarers, carjackers, child molesters, etc. but the truth of the matter is, most the people in jail (i'd venture to say 70% or more), simply are drug addicts. if that's ok with you, then don't gripe about your taxes because that's how they fund the salaries and overhead of the police, the state attorney's, the jails and prisons, the judge's, and yup, even my salary, on top of the $30,000 per year to house these miscreant inmates. costs even more (around $50,000) if they have aids, diabetes, cancer. hell, jails a paid retirement home for many. by the way, what's your name, mr. Go Angela Go? i'd like to know so that whenever YOU, or perhaps your mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin -- whomever -- is arrested, that POS is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. believe me, i'm sure i could get a line straight to angela herself so they could join the rest of the POS's in jail if anyone in your family should succumb to the opposite side of the law. c'mon, spill the beans -- what's your name? if unwilling, be careful what you ask for, GO ANGELA GO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Richest 14 hr Stanley Tookie Wi... 1
News Young Man Shot Dead at Panama Park (Apr '08) Jun 27 duvallll 46
New construction? (Apr '14) Jun 27 ENTER USERNAME 63
Guadalupe rodriguez,Maria Rodriguez about Marce... Jun 24 8itch 1
News Volusia to get its 1st VyStar branch Jun 23 Richard Move 2
I am interested in Buying -- Diabetic Test Stri... (Oct '08) Jun 23 Lyndsey 3
black men white women (Aug '11) Jun 23 Adventurous couple 40

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance