Do you go to movies or wait for DVD?

Do you go to movies or wait for DVD?

Posted in the Jacksonville Forum

Since: Apr 09

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 14, 2010
With the price for the movies a bit high, what do you do? Do you go to see all the movies you are interested in at the theater or wait for the DVDs to to be available for renting?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2010
They sell for 3 for $10 in most places....bootleg and they may be illegal, but you can sometimes see them before they are even released. They are all this price in MEX. I am sure that they sell for this here if you know where to look.
mrs logic in Jax

Bradenton, FL

#3 Jan 14, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
They sell for 3 for $10 in most places....bootleg and they may be illegal, but you can sometimes see them before they are even released. They are all this price in MEX. I am sure that they sell for this here if you know where to look.
your a$$ can't fit in a theather seat and no one can see around your fat pumpkin head.

“"Never get off the boat."”

Since: Sep 08

Jacksonville, Fl

#4 Jan 14, 2010
I'd rather wait for the DVD. Last time I wen't to a movie, there was almost a race riot because some teeny boppers wouldn't turn off their new phones.
Sinister Oculus

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jan 14, 2010
Everything is online.
Why bother with overpriced theaters?
scooter

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Jan 14, 2010
We wait for the DVDs which are FREE to borrow from the public library system. Or $1 from RedBox.com .
Julianna

United States

#7 Jan 18, 2010
If there's something I really want to see (particularly with special effects best seen on a big screen), I'll go to the theatre. Otherwise, I'll wait for the DVD.
Rex

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Jan 23, 2010
I won't pay for another movie or dvd as long as i live. You are supporting the Hollywood elitist and their lavish lifestyle and they could give a rats ass about us.
hey all

Orange Park, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2010
selling 750 dvds,in binders...250 per binder,,all good viewable dvds not the dark ones u see at fleamarkets...movies,sports,an d others..too many to [email protected] for info
Scooter

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Feb 16, 2010
We wait until the DVDs hit the public library. Last one we saw (and loved) was Julia-Julia, and it was borrowed from the Jax library in our area. where rhe price is always right.

Since: Jul 07

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Feb 17, 2010
I usually watch them on the internet. Sometimes they're already on DVD sometimes they're still in theaters.

This is an awesome site to use:

http://www.movies-links.tv/

“the doctor is in the house”

Since: May 08

jacksonville florida

#12 Feb 17, 2010
i wait until they get on regular tv! the last movie i went to see was a star is born! for you youngsters; google it!
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 17, 2010
Has anyone got a BLUE-RAY disc to play on their Linux BR/DVD player ?
noshellswill

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 17, 2010
Rex wrote:
I won't pay for another movie or dvd as long as i live. You are supporting the Hollywood elitist and their lavish lifestyle and they could give a rats ass about us.
Politically you're correct. But, there are on/occasions artistic and technical issues which may have greater weight. A "liberal" awareness in republican culture allows for that.

You wouldn't I suppose have had Ionian Phoenicians kill Homer for telling of Agamemnon return & Troys destruction.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 17, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chitlin Ice Cream 23 hr Crazy world 1
News Florida - Girls Gone Wild Founder Sentenced For... (Apr '07) Thu BlownPiston 4
black men white women (Aug '11) Tue asians love whites 50
pig bbq sauce recipe (Apr '11) Nov 10 Soack 25
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) Nov 9 PantySandy 70
The Learning Experience @ Flagler Center Old St... (Aug '15) Nov 8 Alicia Clayton 5
God bless Timothy McVeigh, a true American hero (Aug '12) Nov 7 the realist 54

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages