Georgia - Baby Left in Car Dies

Georgia - Baby Left in Car Dies

There are 364 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Georgia - Baby Left in Car Dies. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Macon police have charged a mother with murder after her five-month-old daughter was found dead in a parked car at Coliseum Medical Centers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
william

Denver, NC

#1 Jul 13, 2007
Is this low life on drugs?
nova022

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Jul 16, 2007
What a terrible thing to happen. It is hard to believe that you could just forget the baby was in the car, but I have had to turn around many times because I got half way to work and realized I had forgotten to drop the kids off, because they were asleep and quiet.
I feel bad for this poor girl and the baby.
Furious

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2007
I am so sorry to hear this....I have 4 kids...
I just don't understand how anyone can forget they have a child in the car...asleep or not. I see it does happen...but, I just don't understand it.
Ben Dover

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jul 16, 2007
TAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but there are ways around drug testing. Especially when you know when one is coming..like when you do your physical for a job at a hospital. And responsible to work at a hospital? Please. She was a CNA. Certification she got through high school. There are plenty irresponsible people in hospitals. Irresponsibility is how Taryn died.
I work at this hospital. If she was not a responsible person at work, she would have left. They get anywhere from 15-27 patients a shift and the nurses are so overworked they can't usually help the CNAs. The hospital wouldn't have fired her, she would have left before it came to that. Unless you really have a commitment to the care of others, this is not a facility you where you would stay. I didn't know her, but no one I have spoken with has said an unkind word about her. They all say she is very sweet and loved her daughter.
If you have had children, you know what it is like to have "Mommy Brain". Her daughter was only 5 1/2 months old. Holly's hormones were probably still in charge of her body. Although I have not ever left my son anywhere, I can see how this would happen.
William

Denver, NC

#7 Jul 17, 2007
I would think that a responsible mother would have at least thought about her 5 month old every 30 minutes or so.
I feel bad for this woman, but I just don't get it.
Robin

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jul 17, 2007
Okay, this girl was not on drugs. She loved her baby. She was a young, single mother who was tired. You can say that you would never do such a thing, but people who have had kids can attest that sometimes your brain just stops. Yes, there are cases of parental neglect, but there are also cases of good, loving parents who just made a mistake. Please don't judge her like that.
Art W

Coushatta, LA

#9 Jul 17, 2007
I know that this is a very said story. I have read many of the different opinions about the baby being left in the car. No matter who was the blame the final outcome is that 5 month old Taryn Hammonds is dead. I'm the inventor of the T.U.A.S. This system will save the lives of children being left in vehicles. I feel that if the alarm was installed in Mrs. hammonds car then there would have never been a story published at all. I just hope that the newspaper will publish my Press Release to give the readers and parents the peace of mind that there is something that will save lives. I hate to say when and where the next time it happens but if a parent has the alarm system in there car then there should be no reason for a child to be left in a car. The one child that could be saved with this alarm system could be yours.

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jul 17, 2007
No I dont think so, I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she left that poor little baby in the car, she's nothing but 20 I heard her memory couldnt be that bad that she would forget about the 5 month old COME ON!.
Just as William said a real responsible mother would have thought about her 5 month old atleast every 30 mins so I dont think so. Plus she already had a death with her other child and was charge with child cruelty before,I said she should be locked up in prison!
Amber Amber

United States

#11 Jul 17, 2007
Art W wrote:
I know that this is a very said story. I have read many of the different opinions about the baby being left in the car. No matter who was the blame the final outcome is that 5 month old Taryn Hammonds is dead. I'm the inventor of the T.U.A.S. This system will save the lives of children being left in vehicles. I feel that if the alarm was installed in Mrs. hammonds car then there would have never been a story published at all. I just hope that the newspaper will publish my Press Release to give the readers and parents the peace of mind that there is something that will save lives. I hate to say when and where the next time it happens but if a parent has the alarm system in there car then there should be no reason for a child to be left in a car. The one child that could be saved with this alarm system could be yours.
Not to be rude but how is an alarm system goin to let her kno she left the child in the car!
Art W

Coushatta, LA

#12 Jul 17, 2007
I know your not being rude Amber but this alarm will save the lives of children. I cant go into great detail but it will. If you have email address i will email you...
Furious

United States

#14 Jul 17, 2007
Obviously, it can happen....I don't know if I would say easily.
As far as ART goes....shame on you for trying to use this story to sell your device! And recently, I read a story about a father who left his child in the car....he had a motion sensor type alarm that he heard going off & just kept resetting it with the remote. Most bystanders don't pay any attention to a car alarm going off either.

Since: May 07

Fernandina Beach

#15 Jul 18, 2007
There have been several incidents involving fathers leaving infants and tots in the car seat, working all day, and finding a disaster when they go out to the car. This is only the first or second one involving a mom. I always thought it just involves so much on the mind. I could have easily done this while raising my kids. I thank God ever time I read one of these articles that my kids were hyperactive brats and never let me forget them.
Dawn

Richmond Hill, GA

#16 Jul 26, 2007
What a stupid, stupid person. Let's hope she doesn't breed again.
Dawn

Richmond Hill, GA

#17 Jul 26, 2007
Art, I think it's very tacky of you to try to sell your product using this venue.
Art W wrote:
I know that this is a very said story. I have read many of the different opinions about the baby being left in the car. No matter who was the blame the final outcome is that 5 month old Taryn Hammonds is dead. I'm the inventor of the T.U.A.S. This system will save the lives of children being left in vehicles. I feel that if the alarm was installed in Mrs. hammonds car then there would have never been a story published at all. I just hope that the newspaper will publish my Press Release to give the readers and parents the peace of mind that there is something that will save lives. I hate to say when and where the next time it happens but if a parent has the alarm system in there car then there should be no reason for a child to be left in a car. The one child that could be saved with this alarm system could be yours.
Angel

United States

#18 Jul 26, 2007
I believe thigs like this happen, like they say the baby fell asleep and may be so quiet, ad not making any noise, it also may have been that she had lots of stress, so many things going on at one time. is she having post partum stress?
Was the father even around to help out?

I feel so bad for this child and her mother, I hope someone can help.
EXCUSES

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2007
Angel wrote:
I believe thigs like this happen, like they say the baby fell asleep and may be so quiet, ad not making any noise, it also may have been that she had lots of stress, so many things going on at one time. is she having post partum stress?
Was the father even around to help out?
I feel so bad for this child and her mother, I hope someone can help.
I am so sick of hearing about "POST PARTUM"....It's just another excuse! People know right from wrong! And we are talking about mothers...dogs, cats, bears, other animals protect their young...are they more stable than us?

Since: Jul 07

Kingsland,Ga

#20 Jul 27, 2007
I can relate to that,I have 5 kids and thier all hyperactive bratts and I wouldn't have them any other way.
tigertuu wrote:
There have been several incidents involving fathers leaving infants and tots in the car seat, working all day, and finding a disaster when they go out to the car. This is only the first or second one involving a mom. I always thought it just involves so much on the mind. I could have easily done this while raising my kids. I thank God ever time I read one of these articles that my kids were hyperactive brats and never let me forget them.

Since: Jul 07

Kingsland,Ga

#21 Jul 27, 2007
Okay I'm a father of 2 and stepfather of 3,5 all together and I've heard of other cases where the dads have left thier kids in the car,but never the mother,I think women have a sixth sense about these things,I on other hand don't really think she or should I say I'd hope she did not do it on purpose.And what exactly happen to her other baby?

Since: May 07

Fernandina Beach

#22 Jul 27, 2007
Shacara wrote:
No I dont think so, I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she left that poor little baby in the car, she's nothing but 20 I heard her memory couldnt be that bad that she would forget about the 5 month old COME ON!.
Just as William said a real responsible mother would have thought about her 5 month old atleast every 30 mins so I dont think so. Plus she already had a death with her other child and was charge with child cruelty before,I said she should be locked up in prison!
20 year olds forget too. Can you imagine being so busy that you don't remember. I spent years where I was frequently on auto pilot. There are days I don't remember the ride home. Once I fell asleep on a bridge waiting for a boat to pass. I was found once in our driveway, asleep. I too work in a hospital. See hospitals do not fall under staffing policies of the goverment in most areas. They can staff the place knowing they do not have enough employees for break times. I have worked many 12 hour shifts with no breaks and no lunch. I forgot completely about everything until I emerged at the end of the day absolutely exhausted. I could have easily forgotten my kids in the car. Thank God we all survived that period on my life.

Since: May 07

Fernandina Beach

#23 Jul 27, 2007
just me anyway wrote:
Okay I'm a father of 2 and stepfather of 3,5 all together and I've heard of other cases where the dads have left thier kids in the car,but never the mother,I think women have a sixth sense about these things,I on other hand don't really think she or should I say I'd hope she did not do it on purpose.And what exactly happen to her other baby?
This wasn't a case of abuse. She had a current daycare center. She forgot. A new mother basically. How sad. Now I wonder how she will live with herself. These kinds of things cause suicides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan Sharks in Jacksonville 2 hr Jackie09 1
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) 23 hr Danielle1080 very... 60
do you have a forbidden sex story? (Aug '14) Tue teeniebby 17
Warning of Tiffany Floyd fake FB hack Dec 5 The REAL NONA 1
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Dec 4 Stuffstolenbysheriff 98
Deanna cart Dec 4 Gary sloas 2
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Nov 29 manray 215

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages