|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

1st Coast MD 1 what a joke
The entire exp was horrible. The front office staff is rude and unhappy with life. The fees are extremely high for the poor services rendered. The first appt will for sure be my last. The DR spent less than 15 min on my new pt exam and did not discuss my MRI results until prompted. Even then he failed to explain the results and the little he did say he was hard to understand with his thick accent. I can't say enough about the waste of time and money I experienced. This office claims to be professional and care about the patients but it is very clear they are money hungry.Do your research before seeing this office.

February 02, 2010 by wasteofmoney in Jacksonville, FL
twisted

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

what a joke wrote:
The entire exp was horrible. The front office staff is rude and unhappy with life. The fees are extremely high for the poor services rendered. The first appt will for sure be my last. The DR spent less than 15 min on my new pt exam and did not discuss my MRI results until prompted. Even then he failed to explain the results and the little he did say he was hard to understand with his thick accent. I can't say enough about the waste of time and money I experienced. This office claims to be professional and care about the patients but it is very clear they are money hungry.Do your research before seeing this office.
I don't know a thing about this place, but from your explaination I will not be going there. Sounds like a place for youth to get there way if you understand that. I have had my own doctor for many years now, and use the same pharmacy, as I have for many years. I have noticed that some of them do not even care to check things about a person, just shovel them things. I wonder (?), should these people be able to be sued for lack of care, and failing to live up to their oath's? More later, lets see what oppinions there is out here!
jessica

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

I have been going to this office for months and have been very happy with the staff.
satisfied

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

I've never had a bad experience with these people. I get in and out. I usually schedule at lunch since I work.....and they are ALWAYS fast and courteous.......
norefunds

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

what a joke wrote:
I don't know about their chiropractic care but the weight loss program is a joke. The first appointment was ok, except for the rude staff. The second time I showed up they said I didn't have an appointment. I showed them the card THEY gave with my appointment time and date written on it. They still were adamant I did not have an appointment. So they saw me and did my weigh in but did not have my prescription because the doctor was out of town and had only left prescriptions for people who had appointments. SO they were supposed to mail me the prescription. It took me another 2 weeks of me harassing them to get them to actually mail me the prescription. So then I found out I was pregnant. So I had paid $199 for three months and only used 2 months. But they told me I could only get like $8 back if I did not use my third month. Even though I was pregnant and could not use it. I called back recently to see if they would let me have that month back if I bought another 3 months but they said since it's been more than 6 months I'm a new patient again.
NewPatient

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

I recently went in for the three month weight loss consult and the front office and medical assistants were pretty nice.. i paid the $199 for three months and i expected to kind of be coached on maybe some nutritional information; or some excercises I could do - something of that sort - but it was in and out with their PA (I didnt even see a Dr) and she spoke so fast I could barely register what she was saying. I was maybe in the room for 3-5 minutes max, and handed me the prescription and asked if I had any questions but I was so turned off my her hastiness that I felt like I would almost be bothering her if I did happen to ask questions. I basically only paid for them to give me the presciption and the B12 shots... which I could have done through my PCP.. I thought I would get a lot more out of the experience but truthfully it's been a joke. I will continue to go for the script and the B12 shots since I already paid for them but I wouldn't recommend this facility to anyone.
Gregg

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

I also went to them the year before last, again last year and I have an appointment again this year. My visits have been with a professional, courteous staff who were expedient in their efforts - to my great satisfaction.
I do not come to them for lengthy conversation or maternal / paternal cojoling I come to them to assist me in losing weight.
I'm one of those people who happen to enjoy delicious food. I believe it is my only remaining vice.
Each winter I seem to put pounds. When I realize I'm impacting my health to some degree or, my clothing begins to becom so uncomfortable I wistfully look at larger sizes I then decide to lose weight. My visits to this Dr. assist me in this effort where my discipline fails and to that end I am grateful.
You guys at First Coast MD, keep up the good work!
Thirty pounds Later

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

New Patient, norefunds & what a joke.
Sounds like you 3 were at a totally different office than I have been visiting or that my husband has been going to.
Always professional, sweet smiles and genuine concern for our health is what we've gotten.
I'm down 30+ pounds and he is down 20+ pounds! Thank you First Coast MD!
ScOOter

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

Sorry but you don't need to waste money on doctors or trainers to lose weight. I have lost 85 pounds on my own,simply by a low-carb diet, adding s few natural vitamins to my diet, and by using a treadmill regularly. I frequent the gym at lest 5 nights a week and enjoy it. I do not look my age and I am more agile than ever.

Trainers and doctors may be a panacea, but they cannot do what only you can do for yourself. Avoid at all expense, medications and anything unnatural, as you might pay a terrible price for them later.

Not ONE diet will work without exercise. Unless perhaps it is brought on by dubious and dangerous medicines, all of which have side-affects. And I will debate any"doctor" about this.

PS: My wife is losing about 10 pounds a month, as well. No doctors, trainers, chemicals, or quacko-practors.

Ask your natural pharmacist or herbalist about the benefits of St. John's Wort and Omega 3 Fish Oil.
Great Clinic

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Just wanted to stop by and say that I had a great experience at FirstCoast MD.
PLEASED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

You people are crazy. Ive been going to this place for 4mths now and have lost 35lbs and Iam EXTREMELY happy with the staff and the way the program works.. Everyone is very pleasant and always have good attitudes.. The P.A is very professional and informative. I recommend this place to all my friends.
SPICE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

I am very pleased with First Coast MD. The staff there is always very friendly and professional, they always greet you with a smile and give you very helpful information. They also always make you feel comfortable,unlike other doctors offices. The doctors there are also friendly and very optimistic. Overall, i always look forward to going to my monthly doctors appointment, and getting my weekly shot. I really recommend anyone who is trying to loose weight to go! The program really does work, I have lost almost 10lbs every month. I am so pleased with myself and the staff that has helped me get where i am.
breezie brie

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

How fast did you drop thise thirty pounds?
Hmmmm-

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I don't know who they think they are fooling, but I'm QUITE SURE that several of these "positive" comments were left by staff members pretending to be patients. It's a little obvious... Anyway, I actually AM a current patient there for weight loss. I have been losing weight, which is a great thing.
However... the staff there isn't the friendliest. They speak when you come in (which comes off as phony and forced at best). But the two females that call you back to handle your payment and next appointment are not nice AT ALL. I find them to be quite rude. Each time I'm there, I hand them my credit card and instead of handing it back, they place it on the counter; EVERY SINGLE TIME. They never smile, and always seem to hate their jobs, or either they hate the patients that come in...
I do have to say that the ladies that weigh me and give me the injections tend to be the ONLY nice and truly friendly people there. They are the ONLY bright spot in the visits to that place. Thanks ladies!
I, too, saw the actual doctor ONCE (thank The Lord), and that was only because it got a little crowded in the waiting room. He came into the exam room and was out really quickly. And as the other person said, his accent was so thick it was very hard to understand what he was saying. His personality was very dry. I would NEVER have him as a primary care physician. I would never go there for ANYTHING but weight loss, PERIOD.
The PA is verrrrry brief, and like the other person said, you do get the feeling that you shouldn't ask her ANY questions. To tell you the truth, I HATE going to that place, but I will continue to go because I AM losing weight from the prescription. I definitely AM NOT losing weight from any advice or coaching from them, that's for sure.
Satisfied

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

I have been going to first coast for 6 months and have been very happy with the DR.'s and the staff. They have been very supportive of my goals and have given me answers to all my questions. The office on baymeadowes always gets me in very fast
I go in on my lunch hour for the lipo shot. I have found this very helpful in burning stubborn belly fat and my thighs. I recommend First Coast weight lost to anyone who needs help with appetite control. I could not have lost the 40 lbs with out their help.
They made me see what I needed to drop out of my diet and that exercise helps burn fat faster. The 6 months have been through the holidays and I have gone off diet during this time. If I had followed it closer I would have lost more lb's.
Lol

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2011

I KNEW a fake, positive response would be coming! Lol! They don't tell anyone anything we all don't already know. Duhhhh! They give you the same old paper with food suggestions, which also tells you to exercise. Who attempting weight loss at this point doesn't already know these things??! Blatant, contrived comments! Lol!
ADEN316

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Judged:

I recently started coming to First Coast MD late Feb and have lost about 11 pounds. I am an actual customer and have no need to be fake because I am not being paid for my response. I haven't had any problems with the staff or doctors at First Coast MD on Baymeadows. I have a fear of needles but I want to lose the weight so I continue to get the shots weekly. There is no appointment necessary for shots and the B-12 is half price on Fridays. The staff has ALWAYS been patient, courteous and understanding!!! As far as seeing the Dr- I already had a list of questions prepared for my visit(just like I would at any other doctor appointment) and he was able to answer ALL of my questions without making me feel like he was in a rush. In reference to those who can lose weight without the shots/pills-Congrats but that didnt work for me. FYI- you have to have energy to exercise and the shots in combination with the pills give me the extra boost I need.
Lara

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

I am interested in the 3mo. weight loss program for 199.00. Is this price inclusive of the initial visit along with all the B12 shots? Do you go weekly or once a month? Do they attempt to up-sell on each appt? Just wanna know if the 199.00 includes everything. I only have about 15 lbs. to lose & wonder if they would prescribe a RX. I've already lost 20 lbs. on my own, but these last 15 are not budging and summer is around the corner. Got a cruise coming up. Couldn't care less about their rudeness for just 3 mos. Thank you.
DebbieCakes

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Ok, I'm looking into weight loss because I'm 23yrs olod and I have been fat all my life and with my borderline depression and trying to feel better about myself I'm thinking about turning to First Coast MD...I am very happy that i found these reviews though and my question to all of ya'll is did you actually lose weight or not? I really could care less if they are rude or nice. I already have a gym membership and go but I need more help and from what it seems like is that alot of ya'll are upset but I mean we are paying 199.00 for service...ah hello you get what you pay for do you know how much lipo is...too dern much which is the reason you went for a 199.00 program. So if they really help you lose weight stop complaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Jacksonville Forum right now

Search the Jacksonville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 7 hr ish 2,387
No toy import rule pays for health program 7 hr noshellswill 1
State Attorney and Public Defender (Duval Count... (Mar '08) 11 hr Babaloo 9,931
Review: Main Street Connection 12 hr Sharon 1
Kid Faints During Speech-Blames Global Warming (Feb '08) Wed Cici 32
City of Jacksonville facing contempt charges ov... Tue noshellswill 2
Pelosi before the Inquisition Tue noshellswill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jacksonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••