Student Stabbed at Oceanway Middle Sc...

Student Stabbed at Oceanway Middle School

There are 110 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Student Stabbed at Oceanway Middle School. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Edited by Talia Naquin , producer © 2008 First Coast News . More Local News: 9-1-1 Out in Putnam County $1.25M Proposed for Wrongful Incarceration Shooting Near Northside Church Return to Local News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 24, 2008
starting earlier and earlier now..pathetic. id like names.
White Man

Andalusia, AL

#2 Mar 24, 2008
Where are the parents, beat their a## belt them, Find a way, Put a Chasity belt on them, Parents Take control NOW, not tomorrow, These are our kids

Location hidden

#3 Mar 24, 2008
i want pictures too!
calvin

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Mar 24, 2008
the student that got stabbed is my best freind the fight happened in 5th per not after school i seen it he is ok now though
calvin

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Mar 24, 2008
My freinds name was nick and the kid who stabbed him was zack gibbs

Location hidden

#7 Mar 24, 2008
calvin wrote:
My freinds name was nick and the kid who stabbed him was zack gibbs
white boys? what was it over?
jasontism

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Mar 24, 2008
what the spokesperson said is bullshit i was standing right there im one of nicks good friends the other kid hit nick and nick slapped him then the kid got up and tried to hit nick but nick dodged it and started beating the shit out him and i turned around and then turned back and nick was bleeding and the coach was right there breaking it up i recently talked to nick and hes fine the fight was in 5th period around 3:05 the last i heard of the other kid was getting fingerprints and it was a regular 5 or 6 inch pocket knife not a butterfly knife
mom

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Mar 24, 2008
i've heard rumor that there has been knives found on some children in that school already but school officials don't report anything because they don't want to mess up there "A" school
dixie

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Mar 24, 2008
they messed thier A school up the first day it opened they bused kids from down town over hear becuase thier school had a F
Lynn

Acworth, GA

#13 Mar 25, 2008
What is coming of the school systems these days? Are the teachers not paying attention or they just don't care? This is ridiculous. You can't even send your kids to school without having to worry if your going to see them that afternoon.
janet

Macclenny, FL

#15 Mar 25, 2008
oceanway middle school is getting to be one of the worst schools in jacksonvile. When you go to talk to them they say we can't do anything about it. What they mean is we are scarried of the kids. The resource officer they have this year is better than the one they had last year at least she is there and does not have a dentist appointment every week.

thank you a parent fed up with duval county schools
Concerned Mom

AOL

#17 Mar 25, 2008
From what I've heard from talking to my child and friends, most incidents take place in the cafeteria, locker rooms and restrooms. I've also been told that teachers are occasionally there to monitor, but pay no attention to what the students are doing, nor make any effort to stop it.
mom

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Mar 25, 2008
kids get suspended, parents aren't notified and kids still ride the buses to school, then they run the neighborhood and then ride the buses home again. there is no punishment for coming onto school grounds. that is trespassing.
Lynn

Acworth, GA

#20 Mar 25, 2008
So, what are they going to do to the kid that stabbed him?
Lynn

Acworth, GA

#21 Mar 25, 2008
What does race have to do with it? They are kids that are taking knives and guns into schools, that is what matters not the color of their skin that shouldn't even be an issue. What should matter as a parent is that they are coming into a school house with weapons no matter what color they are pink, white, black, purple or green.
mom

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Mar 25, 2008
slap on the wrist?????
mom

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Mar 25, 2008
i've seen to many times parents don't even see there children before they go to school and it's left to the children to make the right choices but without the right guidance from home they won't make the right one's
Lynn

Acworth, GA

#24 Mar 25, 2008
Right, that's why the parents and the people of the community should be more worried that it's a weapon than making it an issue of race. Of course, that just shows their ignorance.
unknown

Macclenny, FL

#25 Mar 25, 2008
Oh Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let them stab each other. One less burden in the world.
you do not have to be racist about it we are all people in th eyes of god black or white it does not matter they should still be punished and should not hurt another person
Oh Boy

Rochester, MN

#27 Mar 25, 2008
unknown wrote:
<quoted text> you do not have to be racist about it we are all people in th eyes of god black or white it does not matter they should still be punished and should not hurt another person
And in all honesty the posts in regard to this issue have been EXTREMELY calm. Let this be about two black kids stabbing each other, we would have everyone saying the parents didn't raise them right, they're on welfare, Blacks this, Negro this, kill them all, etc. So get off your high horse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of 2 Accused of Threatening Principal (May '08) 16 hr Unknown 12
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Nov '07) Tue Mahogany gibbs 73
News Strange & Unusual - Wandering Cattle Invade Hou... (Apr '07) Jan 13 LIGHT FART 6
Bortles Last Year Jan 13 joe blough 4
HGTV: Springfield vs. Riverside vs. Suburbia (Mar '10) Jan 13 scott 37
"YOUNG BLACK THUGS" are Destroying College Foot... (Feb '13) Jan 8 Jon76 12
Should FBC Jax Pastor Mac Brunson resign? (Apr '09) Jan 8 Jon76 513

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages