First Baptist downtown votes out supp...

First Baptist downtown votes out supposed blogger

Posted in the Jacksonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What the

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 26, 2009
http://fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot.com/
The link above is to the website that got the supposed person who runs the website in trouble with the church and who was voted out Wed. night during the business meeting, which can be seen on the above link to the blog site. This is also the same site that was mentioned in the paper several months ago by the religion writer for the Times Union
Question

Morganton, NC

#2 Feb 27, 2009
What the wrote:
http://fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot .com/
The link above is to the website that got the supposed person who runs the website in trouble with the church and who was voted out Wed. night during the business meeting, which can be seen on the above link to the blog site. This is also the same site that was mentioned in the paper several months ago by the religion writer for the Times Union
were they voted out of the church?
I think that if the church had done nothing wrong and had nothing to hide, that they should have taken the high road and ignored the person.
Former Member

Orange Park, FL

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Having left the church myself some time ago for many of the reasons mentioned in the blog, I am not surprised it is all finally coming out.

The trustees should call for a vote of confidence in Mac at this point, and be guided by the outcome.
ABM

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#6 Feb 27, 2009
salami tommy wrote:
jesus why did first baptist build a fricking lighthouse in the middle of downtown for 300 grand....yet homeless people starve theredaily?
Do they go there specifically to starve?

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#7 Feb 27, 2009
salami tommy wrote:
jesus why did first baptist build a fricking lighthouse in the middle of downtown for 300 grand....yet homeless people starve theredaily?
hahaha

I don't like it.

“Translation: Come and Take it”

Since: Feb 08

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Tommy's right....FBC sucks ass.
Jesus would kick Homer in the nuts.
The Catholics and Lutherans and the fine Baptists at Trinity do the real lords work of feeding the poor.
My Friend that is a sound engineer told me they put in a 64 track mixingboard in the kids building. I believe he said it was a model around 100k and not one single idiot
knew how to use it.
Yeah.......Jesus also Built my Hotrod.

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Feb 27, 2009
jesus christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked my father about that, he said because 1st baptist is about building a business and buying up a lot of property because they don't have to pay any property taxes.
The lighthouse points the way to their 3 million dollar kids church.
They once thought about the homeless & hungry all around the area where their real estate holdings are, but decided the homeless would eat to much and smell bad. so, just blow them off with a "God bless you".
That's the funniest post this week.
Thanks for building my hotrod!

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#11 Feb 28, 2009
firat bptist has a huge hand in runnig the city....they arent a church anymore but are nothing more than one of the biggest landowners in downtown,....
Westside conservative

Saint Augustine, FL

#12 Feb 28, 2009
Have any of you ever been to First Baptist?????
dolander

Charlotte, NC

#13 Feb 28, 2009
Westside conservative wrote:
I never have, but if I ever get out that way I'll make an effort to spit on the steps..

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Feb 28, 2009
Yes every wed. night when I was leaving downtown I would roll up on their "Rent a cops" and ask them under what authority they had to block off city streets with their FBC orange cones and disrupt any traffic flow at rush hour?
One time one of them told me to "Go fuck myself". I asked him if Jesus told you to tell me that? I thought he would cry.
Another time I moved the cones blocking Hogan street and continued on my planned route.
Arrogant bastards!

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#16 Feb 28, 2009
Riverside Rob wrote:
<quoted text>Yes every wed. night when I was leaving downtown I would roll up on their "Rent a cops" and ask them under what authority they had to block off city streets with their FBC orange cones and disrupt any traffic flow at rush hour?
One time one of them told me to "Go fuck myself". I asked him if Jesus told you to tell me that? I thought he would cry.
Another time I moved the cones blocking Hogan street and continued on my planned route.
Arrogant bastards!
It is my understanding that they cannot block the flow of traffic for churches...try telling that to Westside Baptist or Trinity.
Downtown

Orange Park, FL

#18 Mar 1, 2009
Yeah, it looks like Brunson may be engaged in kingdom bulding.

Unfortunately is is for his kingdom, not His Kingdom.
howbout

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Mar 1, 2009
Once, to a wedding. I just followed the others and stepped over the homeless people on the sidewalk.
Just asking

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Mar 1, 2009
How can they accuse one of owning/starting a website? How do they know for sure? Can you find out who is the creator of a website? And, if so, is that information that should not be made public?

Since: Feb 09

Savannah, GA

#23 Mar 2, 2009
I cannot stand FBC. I had a lady approach me from there the other day and here I was trying to work and she started preaching to me and handing me cards and telling me what Bible verses to read because I was a sinner and my lifestyle choices were going to cause me to burn in hell so I told her "Mam, I am agnostic and I have a part time job as a bartender and make money off of drunk people and I love every minute of it. My bar is my church and I tithe to it whenever I am not working at it." Man, I swear I think smoke came off of her tennis shoes she left so fast. Do you think it was something I said? LOL

Since: Jan 08

Washington, DC

#24 Mar 2, 2009
bobbiegurl wrote:
I cannot stand FBC. I had a lady approach me from there the other day and here I was trying to work and she started preaching to me and handing me cards and telling me what Bible verses to read because I was a sinner and my lifestyle choices were going to cause me to burn in hell so I told her "Mam, I am agnostic and I have a part time job as a bartender and make money off of drunk people and I love every minute of it. My bar is my church and I tithe to it whenever I am not working at it." Man, I swear I think smoke came off of her tennis shoes she left so fast. Do you think it was something I said? LOL
Hey BobbieG, how are you doing?

Hehe, I love it! One of my mentors growing up was Captain George Strate (Miss Mayport/Mayport Princess). These little old ladies would come up to his house to preach to him and kept coming even after he nicely asked them not to. Finally, he sees them coming up his driveway and strips butt-naked with a beer in his hand and greets them properly. Classic, his wife Kim didn't talk to him for two weeks.

Since: Feb 09

Savannah, GA

#25 Mar 3, 2009
SeaBass wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BobbieG, how are you doing?
Hehe, I love it! One of my mentors growing up was Captain George Strate (Miss Mayport/Mayport Princess). These little old ladies would come up to his house to preach to him and kept coming even after he nicely asked them not to. Finally, he sees them coming up his driveway and strips butt-naked with a beer in his hand and greets them properly. Classic, his wife Kim didn't talk to him for two weeks.
Hey Seabass! How ya doing today? I am well but tired from working so much. That is a classic story! I think that is hilarious and I bet they didnt bother him again! I have no problem with someone wanting to talk to people about God, but please dont start calling me a sinner and telling me about my lifetstyle choices when you dont even know me.

“the doctor is in the house”

Since: May 08

jacksonville florida

#26 Mar 3, 2009
screw the baptist! i like turning the sprinkler system on when they come up! the inconsiderate bastards cut across the front yard! so they get what they get!

“the doctor is in the house”

Since: May 08

jacksonville florida

#27 Mar 3, 2009
bobbiegurl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Seabass! How ya doing today? I am well but tired from working so much. That is a classic story! I think that is hilarious and I bet they didnt bother him again! I have no problem with someone wanting to talk to people about God, but please dont start calling me a sinner and telling me about my lifetstyle choices when you dont even know me.
and bobbie you should listen to them! you need help! ha! ha! ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Marriage - It Is Inevitable (Apr '09) Thu leahann 140
God bless Timothy McVeigh, a true American hero (Aug '12) Thu leahann 59
Disgusting Rhonda Lynn Chafin Comment > Thu Underestimate Time 1
Review: Petra Marble & Stone Inc (Mar '10) Thu Kel 17
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) Jul 15 Please just die 86
Attention All Middleburg Rhonda Chafin LOCATION Jul 8 Underestimater 1
Do You No Rhonda Lynn Chafin? Jul 8 Underestimater 1

Jacksonville Jobs

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages