Time To End Black History Month?

Time To End Black History Month?

There are 10194 comments on the www.news4jax.com story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Time To End Black History Month?. In it, www.news4jax.com reports that:

Should Black History Month fade into history? End Black History Month? Claims that Black History Month is outdated are gaining a new potency, as schools diversify their curricula and President Barack Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news4jax.com.

Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11528 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent system ! Bring it back and implement that in the E.U. with Afro European or African teachers.
a whiteboi
Yeah and do you know what else that class taught? You had all these black people thinking this was going to be a glorification of black people and a whipping of white people, but you should have seen the look on the their faces when the African American professor told them "I'm sorry, but we are prisoners of war sold as slaves by our fellow Africans".

That's what a REAL University teaches in a REAL course, not this one side, self glorification crap you find on Black History month documentaries made to make black people feel good while hiding the other side of the story.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11529 Apr 18, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's supposed to be "of low intelligence". I keep raising this because you were the one who decided to comment on the intelligence of others. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror first and start there and save yourself a lot of work and typing.
If I make a general statement of my observation and not pointing anyone in particular, it is based on my experience and observation.If I am responding to a poster who I have repeatedly encounter, I will pass my judgement on the repeated content they present from pass encounter. It is people like you who jump in with your opinion that think only you can pass judgement like you are doing with my post. When I look in the mirror I see a person who know when people are wrong.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11530 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent system ! Bring it back and implement that in the E.U. with Afro European or African teachers.
a whiteboi
They don't have nearly the problems with black people over there that we have in the US. For example, they don't have black flash mobs where they all rush into a store at once and steal everything that they can. They don't have black people expecting everything to be handed to them to where the more you give them, the less they do and more they hate you.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11531 Apr 18, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>If I make a general statement of my observation and not pointing anyone in particular,
Look, that's fine. You are over explaining yourself. Carry on, but keep it in mind, that's all. Okay?

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#11532 Apr 18, 2013
my contribution found in the NYT of the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/sports/base...

" When the mayor of Cooperstown, N.Y., Jeff Katz, searched for an appropriate street to dedicate in Bud Fowler’s memory, he decided on one that led to Doubleday Field, the quaint brick stadium a baseball’s throw from the Hall of Fame. An old survey of the village indicated that the street had not been named, Katz said.

Like the street itself, Fowler had gone largely unnoticed, despite being the first African-American known to have played for a white professional baseball team. That happened when Fowler pitched for the Lynn, Mass., Live Oaks of the International Association in 1878."
"The so-called gentlemen’s agreement among team owners in 1887 — which barred blacks from playing on white pro clubs, until Branch Rickey signed Robinson to a contract in 1945 — can be traced to Fowler."

He went on playing both in integrated teams refusing this ban and in all-Black team.

He died in poverty in 1913.

It was time for this Black player to be honoured.

a whiteboi
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11533 Apr 18, 2013
attai1 wrote:
my contribution found in the NYT of the day.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/sports/base...
" When the mayor of Cooperstown, N.Y., Jeff Katz, searched for an appropriate street to dedicate in Bud Fowler’s memory, he decided on one that led to Doubleday Field, the quaint brick stadium a baseball’s throw from the Hall of Fame. An old survey of the village indicated that the street had not been named, Katz said.
Like the street itself, Fowler had gone largely unnoticed, despite being the first African-American known to have played for a white professional baseball team. That happened when Fowler pitched for the Lynn, Mass., Live Oaks of the International Association in 1878."
"The so-called gentlemen’s agreement among team owners in 1887 — which barred blacks from playing on white pro clubs, until Branch Rickey signed Robinson to a contract in 1945 — can be traced to Fowler."
He went on playing both in integrated teams refusing this ban and in all-Black team.
He died in poverty in 1913.
It was time for this Black player to be honoured.
a whiteboi
And he did, so what's your point? and BTW, baseball players all made very little money back then.
BIG WORM

Ardsley, NY

#11537 Apr 22, 2013
WTF?
20Rock

Pensacola, FL

#11538 Apr 24, 2013
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY BLACK HISTORY offends white people. They have a special hard on for Black folk. If I didn't know better I would begin to believe they're jealous of Black folk.
These guys love to use nanny state, welfare (which was begun to feed white meen), AA which was meant to force equal and fair opportunity had been coopted and used by WHITE WOMEN. White women are the true users and benefactors of Affirmative Action, but white folk won't admit it or acknowledge it, better to keep it as a club to use against Black Americans.
It burns white ass to know Blacks really are equal to them and just as savvy. Better to try to continue to marginalize them, though it doesn't work and they are failing miserably. What scaring the shit out of them is the fact that within the next few years...THEY are going to be the minorities. LMAO.
Hey Boy,,,,,, put that pipe down and take a break... You baboons are about as capable as a dog fart.. Especially you trained chimps,,,,,, like the brilliant monkies that destroyed the Detroit economy,, and the DC economy,, etc Looks like one of you apes is determined to do the same with the USA economy.. Have you goons ever given any thought to who is going to put up the money for your welfare check after the USA economy is defunk??
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11539 Apr 25, 2013
20Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Boy,,,,,, put that pipe down and take a break... You baboons are about as capable as a dog fart.. Especially you trained chimps,,,,,, like the brilliant monkies that destroyed the Detroit economy,, and the DC economy,, etc
And the Philly economy and the Oakland economy etc...the list goes on.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#11540 Apr 25, 2013
There is much to be learned about African history and your African heritage African Americans.

You basically don't know nothing yet. You only have just begun, to (re)-discover your history and heritage.

Don't let these troll, aspecially the white ones fool you.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11541 Apr 25, 2013
Almoravid wrote:
You basically don't know nothing yet.
That's, you don't know anything yet. A double negative turns into a positive. You might want to have checked that first before you talk about people knowing or not knowing things. But at least it looks like you are paying attention to the topix spell checker, so that's good.

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#11542 Apr 25, 2013
Almoravid wrote:
There is much to be learned about African history and your African heritage African Americans.
You basically don't know nothing yet. You only have just begun, to (re)-discover your history and heritage.
Don't let these troll, especially the white ones fool you.
It's correct sir.

I would add that this knowledge should become universal : all people have to know better about Black history.

a whiteboi
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#11543 Apr 25, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>

a whiteboi
I still can't figure out why you have to take the extra effort to write "a whiteboi" on every single one of your posts. Why do you have to make sure that you tell everyone you are white on every single one of your posts? It makes no sense, unless you were actually black.

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11544 Apr 25, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't figure out why you have to take the extra effort to write "a whiteboi" on every single one of your posts. Why do you have to make sure that you tell everyone you are white on every single one of your posts? It makes no sense, unless you were actually black.
He IS black. Why do you think he puts whiteboi on the end of all his posts? if he was white then he wouldn't need to. The only reason he does it is to continue his little charade. Very childish in my opinion, but he IS a negro.

Which explains it.
Kareem O Crap

Lowell, MA

#11545 Apr 25, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>He IS black. Why do you think he puts whiteboi on the end of all his posts? if he was white then he wouldn't need to. The only reason he does it is to continue his little charade. Very childish in my opinion, but he IS a negro.
Which explains it.
Well of course I knew that, and any common sense person can see through it as plain as glass. But I was hoping to get HIS explanation for it, which you and I both know he will never give. And we know why.

But the childish part of it is the only meaningful thing to focus on at this point, because that's the only reason that a child would think that others would actually believe him, because he himself is a child and children think you would believe the same little masquerades that they would. I sincerely hope he's just a child, or else that would be very disturbing to realize he's not.
WayOnBase

Houston, TX

#11546 Apr 25, 2013
...2009 thread and BHM is still here!
Let's do away with Asian History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month as well as Women's Month.
STFU you white ape.
20Rock

Pensacola, FL

#11548 Apr 25, 2013
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Philly economy and the Oakland economy etc...the list goes on.
Pick any near bankrupt municipality and you'll discover an Ethopian in the Fuel Supply at all levels of the administration. The NOPD (negro on pay day), mentality results in the americans with dark skin not having the capacity to honorably govern other americans with dark skin. But, we must be patient with our baboon cousins. Traits like lying and stealing will require another century to begin being bread out of the majority of our dark skin americans

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Location hidden

#11549 Apr 25, 2013
Kareem O Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely hope he's just a child, or else that would be very disturbing to realize he's not.
I personally wouldn't be surprised if it's not a child. Negroes ARE like children. They've been pushing the race card for decades, and still don't understand that nobody falls for that sh!t. It's just another temper tantrum as a little child would do.

But they keep doing it. No embarrassment, no shame, no dignity, or self respect.

Just like an 8 year old.

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Location hidden

#11550 Apr 25, 2013
Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' worm piss, you heard me ya' stupid klanjig.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Yo yo yo yo. yo yo yo yo yo.

Country negro to the core:)

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Location hidden

#11551 Apr 25, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's correct sir.
I would add that this knowledge should become universal : all people have to know better about Black history.
a whiteboi
Most people just don't want to hear about the history of slavery. It's boring as fck and doesn't benefit anyone.

Not even you negroes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 1 hr Norman VN 1
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Jul 25 Hale boy 204
Jacksonville man busted for soliciting sex from... (Sep '08) Jul 25 Wow 18
Poll which hospital in Jax has the worst reputation? (Feb '08) Jul 25 RozLinn 27
Jacksonville dating scene? (Jul '09) Jul 23 Pj persinger 21
Who is a good divorce attorney in Duval/St. Joh... Jul 22 Divorcing 1
The worst TV news people in Jax are? (Feb '08) Jul 22 Be positive 358

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages