Review: Wheeler Power Products

Posted in the Lake Shore Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rankinson

Macclenny, FL

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Very pleased. Well worth the wait. Bought their drag race 555ci engine. Exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Reid and all the guys there!
Chip Sinclaire

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Great to deal with throughout.SBC 427 engine exceeded my expectations.Dynod 597hp for my street car.Already spraying 200 shot.I got everything I wanted.
AlAn

Stevenage, UK

#3 Dec 6, 2010
Rip of wheelers worst customer care anywhere over a year off trying to get money owed to me for there untrained staff that know no a thing about engine or trade for incorrect parts and lies
Rides

Harlow, UK

#4 Jul 14, 2011
Rip off company takes your money and then the lies come .
Just google and you will see wish I did
347 kid

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 5, 2011
Rides wrote:
Rip off company takes your money and then the lies come .
Just google and you will see wish I did
Worst customer care. I've been waiting on a motor for 6 months, they didn't even have the block. Now I've been waiting on a refund for 3 weeks
KJH

Fresno, CA

#6 Aug 7, 2011
I wish I would have read these reviews because they are spot on with what I am dealing with. It took over 9 weeks to deliver my engine. They overcharged me on labor and after a month of fighting I finally got the money refunded. They even tried to give me store credit instead of the refund even though the sales rep admitted to telling me I wouldn't be charged.
Update-
I had to remove the heads because I was having a bunch of problems. I sent them back nearly three weeks ago being told I would get a refund. Now after three weeks I have no refund and the man named John tells me they might charge me a 15% restocking fee. None of this was mentioned when I pulled them. Not to mention I lost $250 for labor to have them installed and parts. Not one mention of refunding the cost. I hate this place more than I can even put into words. If I lived in Florida I would have them in court in a heartbeat. BEWARE!!!! I also put another set of heads on and all my issues vanished. Imagine that!
Update
Be aware that the comments above were removed because of the following reason-
I finally got a refund on the heads 5 weeks later after actually getting a hold of the owner. He began the conversation by telling me I was wrong and the heads were used because I ran them for 20 minutes. His statement was "if you buy some shoes and wear them for 5 minutes, and they hurt your feet; the store would never refund your money". I don't know where he shops, but I have never heard of any ridiculous return policy like that! He then told me to either remove my negative comments on Yahoo and another review site or he would just send the heads back and not return my money. After basically having the owner extort me into removing my free speech comments by using my money as leverage, I went ahead and removed them. I did not however mention I would not repost later so maybe you should have made that a requirement as well. I thought maybe they just had bad employees, but I have never been told, "either remove the comments or you're not getting your money back" by a reputable owner of an upstanding business. They lied and told me my money would be returned, but then went back on that promise after reading my very truthful comments. I would love to see these people admit for once they were wrong and post it on this review site rather than trying to bad mouth their customers. They DO NOT stick by their products. They make a bunch of excuses and then give you a big run around about who makes the decisions in their business and how they have never had a problem before. Perhaps the management here needs to take some management and ethics courses at the local college. If you want to risk buying from these people then go right ahead, but you better do your research because regardless of what they claim there are a lot of other people out there with the same complaint. By the way Wheeler, you can't strong arm away our freedom to let others know how you really are! Shame on you for threatening me and making me remove my comments. Anyone who wants to see all the emails I received from these people just contact me through email or make a post on here. I will email you a bunch of emails to show just how these people are. The emails will tell the truth not some lie posted on here by a Wheeler employee. I can even include the email with their employee instructing me to place a positive comment on the review site or the owner wont approve the refund if you have your doubts. Be aware that this has been a 5 month ordeal and I asked multiple times to speak to the owner to only be threatened by the man when he finally is put on the phone. Unethical! Let's hear your response Wheeler! Go ahead, bad mouth me like the other gentleman on here you blame for all the problems you create that I have similarly been plagued with. In my opinion your company is a joke!
The name WHEELER

Australia

#7 Aug 18, 2011
Where is my engine WHEELER? August 2011
You have and are costing me time and money.
F**k the engine.
I should have bought all the parts online somewhere else and assembled the engine myself.
Maybe 5 weeks to build myself. Employ some more people you a**hole
You give American business a bad name.
I want my money back.
And believe me i will get it.
Troy

Sparta, MI

#8 Sep 3, 2011
Ordered a 540 blower motor in January 2011. Paid 8,500 to get things started. Made the last payment in March of 8,500. Ready to ship? Noooooooo there are some issues, they told me. The build had the wrong parts and wasn't what I ordered. It's September 2011 now and still no motor. Luckly I paid with a card and did a charge back or I would have been in the same boat as others. I read these comments, but didn't believe that a place with a high buck machine shop would not deliever on promises made. I was wrong. My whold summer was shot and WPP got to play with my money for 8 months. Pete is a great salemen, but like most con-men he's has a way of streching the truth and making some believe it. I learned the hard way. Will you?
Larry Hall

New Orleans, LA

#9 Sep 6, 2011
People listen to these complaints, we are suffering the same issues. DO NOT go to WHeeler Power Products. Pete will sweet talk you and does not deliver. I have a mess on my hands with this engine he built, one of the many problems,(in trusting him) found out that the engine was running on 5 cylinders!!!!! Cheap cheap products he used. He will not return our calls, I will say this, this issue with him will get resolved.
Troy

Sparta, MI

#10 Sep 8, 2011
Larry Hall wrote:
People listen to these complaints, we are suffering the same issues. DO NOT go to WHeeler Power Products. Pete will sweet talk you and does not deliver. I have a mess on my hands with this engine he built, one of the many problems,(in trusting him) found out that the engine was running on 5 cylinders!!!!! Cheap cheap products he used. He will not return our calls, I will say this, this issue with him will get resolved.
It is not hard to go to the BBB of Jacksonville, Fl. and register a complaint online. More people go there to check out businesses then these forums. I did, not to put Wheeler out of business, but just so my fellow car nuts don't have to go through the same thing we on this forum have had to endure.
Larry Hall

Jonas Ridge, NC

#11 Sep 9, 2011
I plan on reporting Wheeler to the BBB, waiting on getting the engine back so we can make a list of the wrong parts. They put the wrong head gasktet on, wrong pistons and cheap spark plugs, this is what we found out so far. DO NOT go to Wheeler Power Products, he still has not returned our phone calls.
The Name WHEELER

Australia

#12 Oct 3, 2011
It appears Wheeler Power Products has been suspended from EBAY........LOL
Lets hope it lasts until he has repaid everyone he owes money and engines too.
I must say it makes me feel good to have beaten an arrogant piece of s**t.
Don.t mess around people......get an attorney and have Pete and Jackie in court and get your money back.
waiting forn engine

Crawfordville, FL

#13 Oct 15, 2011
ordered on june 22, still no engine. taking a 3 hour ride next week to check my investment.
The name WHEELER

Australia

#14 Oct 15, 2011
UDATE !
21 WEEKS LATER
Did i get my engine i paid for..........NO
Did i get my money back..........Yes ( Legal action)
Has Wheeler been suspended from EBAY..........YES
Beware when wheeler advertises DART Block etc
In the small print it will say WHEELER 4 BOLT which is a chinese knockoff. Just another of wheelers underhanded practises.
Take your money elswhere........YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
USMCM38A1

Port Clinton, OH

#15 Nov 7, 2011
Rankinson wrote:
Very pleased. Well worth the wait. Bought their drag race 555ci engine. Exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Reid and all the guys there!
Well my Wheeler Stroker kit and block are sitting at a Machine shop right now getting all the problems fixed supposedley line honed was out of square then pistons came out of the holes 40 thousands.It is only on day one of assembly.
Kirk

Fresno, CA

#16 Nov 15, 2011
I can believe all the problems you guys are having. Pete Wheeler is in the business to rip people off and that is it. I made the mistake of ordering from them and had all the same issues you guys are having. Never again will I try to save a buck and I'll buy my engines from someone local or a business like summit racing.
Kirk

Fresno, CA

#17 Nov 15, 2011
I also wanted to mention that the positive comments left are from Wheeler employees. I actually discovered this on another review site when the idiots were posting their city in the comment area as different cities but when you looked at their profile it said Jacksonville Florida and multiple city posts.
Concerned Racer

Orange Park, FL

#18 Nov 16, 2011
Larry Hall wrote:
I plan on reporting Wheeler to the BBB, waiting on getting the engine back so we can make a list of the wrong parts. They put the wrong head gasktet on, wrong pistons and cheap spark plugs, this is what we found out so far. DO NOT go to Wheeler Power Products, he still has not returned our phone calls.
Larry I want to apologize for the problems you are having, and to anyone else that is still OWED something, please feel free to post ore about it, there is a class action lawsuit in the works now, against Spencer Wheeler Holdings, there are a dozen people working on this now! If you would like information leave some contact information please.
ron bartlett england UK

Manchester, UK

#19 Nov 29, 2011
i waited three years

crank snapped cheap chinese

25 runs on engine

the 565 pic on there advert is my engine its actually a 582

under inspection no hardening on crank unbelievable

use schafiroff three racers over here have no problems
M ST

Littleton, CO

#20 Dec 27, 2011
I've been waiting for a 408 engine since July 1st. Each time I call there is another excuse. I'm calling today for the last time. If I don't have my engine in two weeks, I'm getting my $5,000 back. This is crazy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Formosan termites: Little bugs, big fears May '16 Joann 1
Professional Wood Floor Paste Waxing Services (Oct '06) Apr '15 Anonymous 2
Review: Normandy Pediatrics (Nov '14) Nov '14 youalreadyknowwhoiam 1
Review: Luxury Nails (Jul '14) Jul '14 Lisa Knight 1
Review: San Juan Precious Metals Corp (Dec '09) Dec '09 Tom Flowers 1
News Woman's Club keeps history alive (Aug '06) Apr '08 Paula 3

Lake Shore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Shore Mortgages