JEA Smart Meters Are Illegal And Inst...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#21 Aug 22, 2012
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats true but we have an atmosphere that protects us from those frequencies waves of radiation from space... But now we have another source from within our atmosphere to deal with.. Just like man made global warming that is destroying our atmosphere ...
You just stepped in a hole, my friend...
Long time no post dolander, I take it you have been working the strings more than the keyboard lately?
Dolander, are you sure about the whole “manmade global warming that is destroying our atmosphere” I thought the consensus was that global warming was caused by the destruction of the atmosphere by man?
I believe in global warming however, many in science believe it is not caused by man but by energy is produced by nuclear fusion, which is the facts that I believe.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Aug 23, 2012
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe in global warming however, many in science believe it is not caused by man but by energy is produced by nuclear fusion, which is the facts that I believe.
Look at it this way..

The earth is millions of years old.. But yet humanity has stripped much of her natural clothing that protects her from the elements in less then a hundred years.. That would be like you being tosses out naked in direct sunlight 24 hours a day with no shade to escape from the elements.. How long do you think you would last before you become unstable and sick?

Man made global warming is happening in more ways then one my friend... Why dont you try kicking in that engineering degree that you have and do the math yourself?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#23 Aug 28, 2012
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at it this way..
The earth is millions of years old.. But yet humanity has stripped much of her natural clothing that protects her from the elements in less then a hundred years.. That would be like you being tosses out naked in direct sunlight 24 hours a day with no shade to escape from the elements.. How long do you think you would last before you become unstable and sick?
Man made global warming is happening in more ways then one my friend... Why dont you try kicking in that engineering degree that you have and do the math yourself?
No need to us math here dolander we have millions of years of earth history to illustrate the earth cycles just like a human mother. She’s hot; she’s cold the poles melt and then freeze again. One volcanic eruption can cool the earths average temperature for years and the Sun plays a much bigger role than the anti-humanity groups can afford to admit. History shows is that the earth’s temperature and climate changes over not hundreds but sometimes thousands of years. We are only see but a very,very,very, small part.
hkw53

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Dec 9, 2012
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at it this way..
King of wisdom,
Do you still have your smart meter? I live in Jacksonville and just found out that I have had the smart meter for the past 10 years! Noone even bothered to ask if they could put it there.
If you got JEA to remove it, I was interesed in knowing what procedure you went through to do so. I really am concerned about the health issue and want it gone.
Monopoly

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#25 Dec 10, 2012
Anti trust laws need to be enforced and JEA must be broken up into smaller providers.This creates what is called competition.We are slaves to JEA now,rise up and demand freedom!!!!!Also,if they all get bonuses then we should get bonuses too,since we own the company..

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#26 Dec 10, 2012
Monopoly wrote:
Anti trust laws need to be enforced and JEA must be broken up into smaller providers.This creates what is called competition.We are slaves to JEA now,rise up and demand freedom!!!!!Also,if they all get bonuses then we should get bonuses too,since we own the company..
Each of us has the freedom to be free of JEA if we choose. We can use wind, solar and other methods to produce our own power. Well that is if the Government agrees that we can (hahaha). Look at your options, or at least the options allowed by the same government that you are looking too to fix what you see as a problem.

As for competition can you can they build a power plant near you house and run new transmission line adjacent to our home?
Naughtasha

North Port, FL

#27 Feb 17, 2013
Is there any other energy provider in Jacksonville? I would rather get my power from a small business (which is non-existent in this field) Do they even have a single competitor or is this just a nasty monopolic ploy to screw people every way possible?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#28 Feb 18, 2013
Naughtasha wrote:
Is there any other energy provider in Jacksonville? I would rather get my power from a small business (which is non-existent in this field) Do they even have a single competitor or is this just a nasty monopolic ploy to screw people every way possible?
Yes, there are other companies (many of them small to medium size) who can provide you with the equipment that will allow you to discontinue using JEA. Granted it will cost you more per kilowatt hour than you pay now however, you will not get screwed by JEA and if you produce extra power you will be able to sell it to JEA.
GBab

Rainbow City, AL

#29 Apr 4, 2013
I live in Gadsden, How do I get this thingy house? Ive been gonne mmost off the last two months, all power was shut off inside and my computer was lit up when I returned.
GBab

Rainbow City, AL

#30 Apr 4, 2013
I want this meter GONE! How do I make it Happen?
ghost with the most

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Apr 4, 2013
If your power was shut off then something supernatural is happening in your house and your smart meter is the least of your issues.
Riparian

Jacksonville, FL

#32 May 14, 2013
This was installed on our house without warning or notice, or choice which their website states they will do. No door hanger, no email, no phone call. I called to ask about it and sure enough they were not apologetic about the fact that it was done without notice. The rep said I have good credit with JEA and am in good standing. However I can't help but to feel like I'm being targeted somehow. I checked and not one of my neighbors has it. JEA says everyone will be getting one, so why my house? The rep said: Well, I guess the installer was just putting them on your street that day, but not so. Only I have this.Who decides who and when someone gets one? I only have electric with them this is the only thing I can figure is that somehow they can tell how much my deep well pump is running by the electric usage or whatever. By the way I am on a private road in the southside/ mandarin area.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#33 May 15, 2013
Riparian wrote:
This was installed on our house without warning or notice, or choice which their website states they will do. No door hanger, no email, no phone call. I called to ask about it and sure enough they were not apologetic about the fact that it was done without notice. The rep said I have good credit with JEA and am in good standing. However I can't help but to feel like I'm being targeted somehow. I checked and not one of my neighbors has it. JEA says everyone will be getting one, so why my house? The rep said: Well, I guess the installer was just putting them on your street that day, but not so. Only I have this.Who decides who and when someone gets one? I only have electric with them this is the only thing I can figure is that somehow they can tell how much my deep well pump is running by the electric usage or whatever. By the way I am on a private road in the southside/ mandarin area.
Did you notify JEA the last time you changed a light bulb? The meter is JEA property and in the agreement you have with JEA or FPL or GPL then have the right to come onto your property to read and service meters, both electrical and water. Granted with the new meter they are no longer required to come onto your property on a monthly basic to log your usage. You have not been targeted every JEA meter is being changed out as it will eliminate the need for meter readers who would have had to come onto your property to acquire the monthly usage. The meters only see usage and will it can see spikes it however cannot tell whether the spike was because of a pump, water heater, hair dryer or oven. You can also request JEA send you your daily usage report which might help you lower your usage.

Since: May 13

Jacksonville, FL

#34 May 15, 2013
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notify JEA the last time you changed a light bulb? The meter is JEA property and in the agreement you have with JEA or FPL or GPL then have the right to come onto your property to read and service meters, both electrical and water. Granted with the new meter they are no longer required to come onto your property on a monthly basic to log your usage. You have not been targeted every JEA meter is being changed out as it will eliminate the need for meter readers who would have had to come onto your property to acquire the monthly usage. The meters only see usage and will it can see spikes it however cannot tell whether the spike was because of a pump, water heater, hair dryer or oven. You can also request JEA send you your daily usage report which might help you lower your usage.
On their website state that they will notify people when they are doing this, before they come to your specific house. Believe me I researched this when it happened and you're not telling me anything new. No one else got this in my area, and my old meter was remotely read by someone just driving down the street also. who still drives down the street for everyone else. I suppose it is strange that it was just me and not in the fashion of let's start at one house and work our way down the street. Why come in here, down our private road community just to change mine. My bill is like $100.-$180. at varying times for 900 and 700 sq ft buildings. I thought it might be because of having a well, but everyone here has well and septic. Others have big dogs in their yards. You would think they would be the first. I just wish they would be more clear about the process of who gets this. I still have trouble with the fact that JEA is allowed to just get away with rolling over people about so much stuff. I have lived other places and never have I seen this kind of behavior.

Since: Aug 12

Jacksonville, FL

#35 Jun 30, 2013
About 10 years ago our meters were changed to what they call one way meters now they are switching us to to way meters. Does anyone know what is the difference between the two. Are they both dangerous due to EMF's or is one less dangerous. I don't know th difference.

Thanks
meche

Jacksonville, FL

#36 Jun 26, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's First Home Goes Under (Jan '08) 2 hr Former employee 117
Fred Cotton's BBQ Sauce Recipe??? (Dec '11) Sat RAFTERMAN 14
News Black Donald Trump Supporter Shot In Cleveland Bar (Jul '16) Aug 19 Rip Chen Picket 3
Anyone know tyree? (May '16) Aug 17 Maddog420 2
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Aug 16 Bud LaPoint 121
News Strange & Unusual - Eating Disorder Makes Girl ... (Nov '07) Aug 16 Spitsteal 31
News Youth pastor arrested in 1994 dismemberment of ... Apr '17 Truth Rulz 1

Jacksonville Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Beach Mortgages