Tallahassee Democrat is first to chal...

Tallahassee Democrat is first to challenge controversial 'Stand Your Ground' law

There are 3 comments on the News 4 Jax story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Tallahassee Democrat is first to challenge controversial 'Stand Your Ground' law. In it, News 4 Jax reports that:

The controversial "stand your ground" self-defense law could soon be repealed under a new bill filed Wednesday by Alan Williams, D-Tallahassee. The law, which allows a person to attack assailants when they feel threatened with no duty to retreat, has been under a microscope since the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Jacksonville teen Jordan Davis have ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 4 Jax.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Why in the hell do politicians make things so difficult? Here is the issue as I see it; the government has so bastardized the issue of self-defense that now we need a "stand your ground" law. BS, get rid of stand your ground and laws of similar redundancy and get back to plan old Self-Defense. This is not difficult people until you ask for the politicians and lawyers to get involved.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sel...
1: a plea of justification for the use of force or for homicide
2: the act of defending oneself, one's property, or a close relative

If more Government is part of the solution then it is doubtful you going to end up with a solution.
bigozcrawfordvil le

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Stand your ground should not be necessary . As a free citizen I absolutly have the right and obligation to protect myself , my family , and property by any means necessary ! I will not be a willing victim of any threat . However as long as liberal politicians refuse to recognize my right of self defense , laws such as " Stand your ground are critical !
ROSSI46

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Why don't corrine brown jump on this Guy's coat tails and start with the black on black. Thug killings in her district. Kill em all and let god sort it out. Semper fi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Maso-Furedi - 18 years of Hell, and Abuse 2 hr Tom Malcry 4
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) 4 hr Don Bergeron 122
Semi trucks on MLK 15 hr HCL31569 1
do you have a forbidden sex story? (Aug '14) Tue Manfromoz13 36
News Youth pastor arrested in 1994 dismemberment of ... Apr '17 Truth Rulz 1
go vote hillary now dont wait trump might get y... (Nov '16) Nov '16 dont trust trump 1
Beach Access after Hurricane Matthew (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jax Beach 2016 1

Jacksonville Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Beach Mortgages