Rebecca Lauer, 36, Missing from Cabot

Aug 2, 2013 Full story: FOX16 87

An investigation is underway after a local woman is reported missing. Rebecca Lauer, 36, was last seen on Clay Hill Road on July 21st.

Full Story
knows too much

Little Rock, AR

#22 Sep 11, 2013
visiting arkansas wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you know both the missing person and her boyfriend pretty well. Do you know her daughter (Kristen) who posted above? Maybe you can help her, if the mother is only 36, the daughter must be pretty young and would probably welcome any help she can get. Have you contacted authorities with what you know about the case?
I am willing to do whatever it tekes to help find this missing lady. It is my understanding that since she is "of age" she is "just a missing person". Sad.sad.sad.. If a search party is rounded up I will be happy to help search the woods in Lonoke County. While we are sitting at home, this girl could be being held captive in those woods. We may be her only saving grace.
Kristin

Jacksonville, AR

#23 Sep 13, 2013
wonder boy 1 wrote:
Did I read on somewhere else asking has anyone else look at her boyfriend ? and he is the prime suspect ? don't know who her boyfriend is . but surely by now he is probably long gone ? or did dude get questioned at all??? prayers to her family
Yes, everyone believes he is up to something. Everyone KNOWS and we are all asking the same question as everyone else, which is why we have brought matters into our own hands bringing a US Marshall in for help. Still nothing. But the detective leading the case hasn't returned any of our calls in the past two weeks
Kristin

Jacksonville, AR

#24 Sep 13, 2013
knows too much wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you read it. He is not long gone. He is still walking around, free and high, looking for his next victim. He is a know woman beater, torturer and has tried to kill several woman he dated prior to Becki. The community should hold a rally. They should search the grounds around where he lives. She is some where in Lonoke County -wherever he hid her body. The bastard needs to pay for what he did. He thinks hes above the law and has been on many occassions because of the "good ole boy" system. Yaay!! Keep it up Lonoke County Sheriff's Department. Your looking real good now!!
You just summed it up!
knows too much

Little Rock, AR

#25 Sep 13, 2013
Funny Kristin that you guys brought in a US Marshall and no one that I know has been questioned about Dennis. What is the US Marshall doing? Im still trying to figure out why everyone is so afraid of this asshole. I guess its a mind thing. Everyone is the whole community is terrified to talk to the police/sheriff because they say hes crazy. I just want you people to think about if this was your mom, daughter, sister, etc. What would you want people to do? Kristin my heart goes out to you and all of your family about this. This man's behaviour should have been stopped years ago when he first went to the penitentuary for BEATING HIS OWN MOTHER!!! That shows you his character. He will not fight men. Only woman!! He needs to be caught and stopped before someone else ends up missing. On second thought, I know that at least one other woman has been found dead in a field somewhere around that community. I wander if they looked at him then? I seriously dought that his crazed acts are only taken out on women he knows. Theres more going on here than meets the eye! Have you contacted channel 5 Kristen? They are pretty good about doing stories like this.

Little Rock, AR

#26 Sep 13, 2013
knows too much wrote:
Funny Kristin that you guys brought in a US Marshall and no one that I know has been questioned about Dennis. What is the US Marshall doing? Im still trying to figure out why everyone is so afraid of this asshole. I guess its a mind thing. Everyone is the whole community is terrified to talk to the police/sheriff because they say hes crazy. I just want you people to think about if this was your mom, daughter, sister, etc. What would you want people to do? Kristin my heart goes out to you and all of your family about this. This man's behaviour should have been stopped years ago when he first went to the penitentuary for BEATING HIS OWN MOTHER!!! That shows you his character. He will not fight men. Only woman!! He needs to be caught and stopped before someone else ends up missing. On second thought, I know that at least one other woman has been found dead in a field somewhere around that community. I wander if they looked at him then? I seriously dought that his crazed acts are only taken out on women he knows. Theres more going on here than meets the eye! Have you contacted channel 5 Kristen? They are pretty good about doing stories like this.
What's this loser's full name?
Kristin

Jacksonville, AR

#27 Sep 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this loser's full name?
Sorry, but his first name is enough on here. A lot of this information shouldn't even been posted here, but the whole town practically know him. And I don't know who the other person is who knows so much about this, but if you don't know why everyone is scared of him then you don't know him. His own son visits his grandpa a lot, next door, and won't even say a word to his dad (Dennis) all of his so called friends are absolutely terrified of him. She actually hid from him for a few months at one of his closest friends house. He is not someone you want to mess with on your own, but he is definitely not getting away with this. Even if he actually isn't responsible, he will pay for what he has done to her in the past.
prayers

Austin, AR

#28 Sep 15, 2013
Kristin wrote:
I am her daughter, nothing new yet. Still missing.
Did you go to the missing person event Saturday?
icare

Austin, AR

#29 Sep 15, 2013
Maybe it would help for a family member to make a facebook "page" to help spread the word about Rebecca's disappearance. It sure wouldn't hurt. There are several personal pages of this sort that include several of the missing person's photos, identifying information, and a description of the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, that had thousands of hits and "shares". Seems it certainly would be worth trying.
In The Know

Cabot, AR

#30 Sep 15, 2013
icare wrote:
Maybe it would help for a family member to make a facebook "page" to help spread the word about Rebecca's disappearance. It sure wouldn't hurt. There are several personal pages of this sort that include several of the missing person's photos, identifying information, and a description of the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, that had thousands of hits and "shares". Seems it certainly would be worth trying.
Sad part is, no matter how much attention is brought to the case, the Sheriff's Department will not follow up on the leads.
curious guest

Little Rock, AR

#31 Sep 16, 2013
Has there been any update regarding Rebecca ? I have read all these post and one would think this investigation should be at the top of the detectives list on finding her. Whats wrong with the Lonoke Police and THEIR NON CARING DETECTIVES? You can bet that if it was one their relatives they would be on top of their missing relative. Rumors have it that You Suck DET M EDWARDS .... Your a horrible det who can't follow up or make any effort. How you have stayed on the force must be a miricle of its on.... What does it take for anyone with authority to do something ????? Especially since her bf at the time has served time for beating and torturing woman in his past . Must his name be told??? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE . All twisted and still walking free. LONOKE .... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAME
icare2

Cabot, AR

#32 Sep 16, 2013
Kristen,
I just want you to know I'm praying that the Lord reveals answers soon. I can't imagine the pain in your, your mom's and brother's heart. I am also praying for Dennis and his family as it is obvious he needs help and his family needs prayers as well. In Christian Love.....
icare2

Cabot, AR

#33 Sep 16, 2013
seek assistance wrote:
Just a few initial, BASIC suggestions for a searching family:
Obtain a copy of the missing person report from the reporting law enforcement agency, and make sure the report includes the ACIC/NCIC number and the date of entry. A copy of the report is required by most missing person organizations for verification before assisting a family.
(It is required by law that a missing person's information be entered by the originating agency into ACIC(Arkansas Crime Information Center) IMMEDIATELY upon completing a missing person report. Also, just an FYI for the general public, there is NO WAITING PERIOD to file a report of a missing person)
A family should consider contacting the Morgan Nick Foundation located in Arkansas, who can put them in contact with missing adult organizations.
These organizations should provide guidance and assist the family in creating missing person flyers to distribute, as well as other services. Once the flyers have been verified to be accurate and constructed, upload a copy to social media sites. Ask permission of local businesses to post flyers throughout the community.
After the initial entry into ACIC, the family should gather medical and dental records which may contain identifying information and provide copies (keep your original copies in a safe place) to the reporting law enforcement agency for supplemental entries into ACIC.
Families should consider contacting news media to enlist their help in raising awareness of the disappearance. Grant interviews with the media whenever it is requested, news media interest is limited. Take advantage of every opportunity offered.
Be forthcoming with law enforcement, withhold absolutely nothing, no matter how insignificant you may believe it to be. Even if a family suspects their missing loved one of possibly being involved in illegal activities, reveal this to law enforcement. It is preferable to have a loved one in jail alive and safe, than lost and in danger.
Contact the Arkansas Attorney General's Office about attending an event for missing children AND adults planned for Saturday, September 14. There will be professionals who will collect DNA samples from family of missing persons to be entered into a national database to aid in identification. It is of paramount importance to submit the samples to aid in the search and location of missing persons. If I understand correctly, if a family would like to attend, they need to contact the Attorney General's office today,(Sept 9) If you choose not attend the event, you can request your law enforcement agency to arrange for DNA samples to be entered into the database at any time.
These are just a few very basic and generalized suggestions for a family to consider. However, I would strongly encourage every searching family to attend the event hosted by the Office of the Attorney General.
A searching family must take the initiative to keep their loved one in the public's awareness.
To the family of Rebecca Lauer, prayers and Godspeed.
!this seems like good information to know! thanks for sharing.
knows too much

Little Rock, AR

#34 Sep 17, 2013
The people who are scared are the people that have the same "habits" as him and they are scared this will get them caught. It does not mean that they are necessarily scared of Dennis' behavior. Also, we all know that he is a charmer after all. A devil in sheeps clothing. Hows that for Christian love?? Im still trying to figure out why he hasnt been violated by his parole officer... no job, positive for drugs, police reports of domestic abuse AGAIN with a child involved while the girl was pregnant.. I could go on and on about this. They wanted to wait until he killed someone. Too bad he was so smart. Now he has a chance to do it again and again. Lonoke County Sheriff's Department.. WHERE ARE YOU?? However, I will pray for Dennis's family because they do not deserve the treatment that he has given them. I still pray for Becky and wherever she is.. we know that God is in control.

Kristin

Jacksonville, AR

#35 Sep 17, 2013
knows too much wrote:
The people who are scared are the people that have the same "habits" as him and they are scared this will get them caught. It does not mean that they are necessarily scared of Dennis' behavior. Also, we all know that he is a charmer after all. A devil in sheeps clothing. Hows that for Christian love?? Im still trying to figure out why he hasnt been violated by his parole officer... no job, positive for drugs, police reports of domestic abuse AGAIN with a child involved while the girl was pregnant.. I could go on and on about this. They wanted to wait until he killed someone. Too bad he was so smart. Now he has a chance to do it again and again. Lonoke County Sheriff's Department.. WHERE ARE YOU?? However, I will pray for Dennis's family because they do not deserve the treatment that he has given them. I still pray for Becky and wherever she is.. we know that God is in control.
Det Edwards said everyone is asking the same thing and parole is completely screwed up right now. The Air Force officer who visited with us completely agreed with him, so I know he wasn't just saying things. But you're kind of getting on my nerves.
knows too much

Little Rock, AR

#36 Sep 18, 2013
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
Det Edwards said everyone is asking the same thing and parole is completely screwed up right now. The Air Force officer who visited with us completely agreed with him, so I know he wasn't just saying things. But you're kind of getting on my nerves.
Im sorry that my concern for your mother and her safety is getting on your nerves. Truth is truth and it will set you free. This is some very sad stuff Kristin, but I will stop posting and updating if that is what you want. Just know that this is serious stuff and my concern is real.

Since: Sep 13

Jacksonville, AR

#37 Sep 18, 2013
knows too much wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sorry that my concern for your mother and her safety is getting on your nerves. Truth is truth and it will set you free. This is some very sad stuff Kristin, but I will stop posting and updating if that is what you want. Just know that this is serious stuff and my concern is real.
I didn't say that was getting on my nerves. And don't you think I know this is serious stuff?? What's getting on my nerves is you sitting there talking all big and bad about him saying he is nothing to be scared of while you're just sitting there. What's to be scared of? IM terrified of him, if you aren't then DO SOMETHING please because i would love to not fear him. Doesn't mean I don't hate him and don't want to put him in the ground. THAT'S what is getting on my nerves.
icare2

Cabot, AR

#38 Sep 18, 2013
knows too much wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if we just all be mindful of who is reading these posts and try to be considerate then no feelings would be hurt; All These things may be true but you have to remember that Kristin is Rebecca's daughter and how these posts must hurt this young lady. ALSO how be mindful that Dennis has innocent children and family who may be reading this too and yes the truth hurts but these kids need support and help....not to be hurt.
knows too much

Little Rock, AR

#39 Sep 19, 2013
I understand what you both are saying Kristin and icare2. I did not realize that Kristin was terrified of him. I do not know that side of the story. As for Dennis kids and other family, I feel for them and I realize that everyone is different. There is a lot that could be said but I wont say it. I will say that Dennis is a very sick twisted person when it comes to women and he needs some professional help... Also, Kristen, have you contacted Dennis probation officer or his/her supervisor. Im still trying to figure out why the State of Arkansas allowed a convicted felon to keep committing the same crimes over and over and not yank his parole status. This may be the kind of stuff that the news channels would like to do a story on. What can I do to help?
icare2

Judsonia, AR

#40 Sep 19, 2013
knows too much wrote:
I understand what you both are saying Kristin and icare2. I did not realize that Kristin was terrified of him. I do not know that side of the story. As for Dennis kids and other family, I feel for them and I realize that everyone is different. There is a lot that could be said but I wont say it. I will say that Dennis is a very sick twisted person when it comes to women and he needs some professional help... Also, Kristen, have you contacted Dennis probation officer or his/her supervisor. Im still trying to figure out why the State of Arkansas allowed a convicted felon to keep committing the same crimes over and over and not yank his parole status. This may be the kind of stuff that the news channels would like to do a story on. What can I do to help?
maybe it would help Kristin if YOU would go talk with his parole officer and share with them what facts you know???? I don't see how he or she could or would not know all of this is going on but I'm confident by your posts that you have enough factual information that it should raise their eyebrows for concern...
Answers

Oklahoma City, OK

#41 Sep 23, 2013
knows too much wrote:
<quoted text>
I shared all I know but no law enforcement agency is actively looking for Becky that I know of. When I say actively looking, I mean SEARCH PARTIES, NEWS BROADCASTS, ETC. This is a sad case of someone disappearing into thin air and because she is "of age", theres nothing much that can be done. Once again, family members and friends, get a search party together and go in the woods, in and around Lonoke, God's going to make a way for us to find her if we do this. While we are sitting in our cool houses, Becky could be being held captive somewhere. The public may be her only saving grace.
I just want to know how you seem to know so much about the case? Are you friends with him or were you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cypert Or Stumbaugh Mayor? 48 min IreneErnst 163
Where can you sell Pecans? (Nov '10) Wed veatrice williams 91
cj hughes (Jul '13) Tue iknowitallz 2
Harps Mon mexican 23
R.I.P. Dusty Ray Abshure (Jun '13) Oct 20 mason 123
any body know him (Feb '13) Oct 20 Eddie 4
Looking for a church. (Apr '12) Oct 19 Jennifer 2
Jacksonville Dating
Find my Match

Jacksonville Jobs