road runner

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2006

Can anyone tell me what happened at the big accident on I 20 west sunday afternoon? I was east bound and it seemed to be a major pile up. thanks
news from tx

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2006

a dear aunt is in intestive care and a loving cousin lost her life. another family has 5 member that were in the hospital and another family has 1.
anonymous

Mountain Pine, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2006

STACY

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2006

Have you heard anything about this - I saw it too and can't find anything out either. Thanks
road runner wrote:
Can anyone tell me what happened at the big accident on I 20 west sunday afternoon? I was east bound and it seemed to be a major pile up. thanks
alison

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

MY BEST FRIEND, KAREN, WHO LIVES HERE IN FAYETTEVILLE WAS INVOLVED IN THAT PILE UP ON I-20--SHE TOLD ME IT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD-A GUY WAS COMING 80 MILES AN HOUR,SPEEDING,THAT PERSON DIED ON IMPACT, HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF HER HEAD ON, IT EXPLODED, CAUGHT ON FIRE AND THAT CAR ENDED UP OFF TO THE SIDE OR EITHER IN BACK OF MY FRIENDS CAR, THERE WERE 3 PEOPLE IN THE CAR THAT WAS HIT HEAD ON,SHE SAID 2 DIED, BURNT BEYOND RECOGNITION, AND ONE WAS MEDAVAC TO THE HOSPITAL IN CRITICAL CONDITION, THAT PERSON JUST CAME OUT OF A COMA. SHE TOLD ME TODAY THEY WERE STILL DOING THE TOXICOLOGY REPORT TO DETERMINE IF HE HAD DRUGS IN HIS SYSTEM OR ALCOHOL. HER SON MARCUS WAS ASLEEP WHEN HER SUV WAS HIT SO SHE HAD TO WAKE HIM UP TO HURRY AND TRY TO GET HIM AND HER OUT OF THE CAR CAUSE SHE WASN'T SURE IF HER CAR WAS LIABLE TO EXPLODE OR WHAT. SHE SAID SHE WOKE HIM UP, AND THEY GOT OUT THE CAR AND RAN. THE TWO OF THEM ARE OKAY, JUST REAL TRAUMATIZED. SHE'S SEEKING MORE COUNSELING FOR HER SON, CAUSE HE WITNESSED THE AFTERMATH OF EVERYTHING.
monike

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

We sat 3 hours before finally giving up after a trucker told us of the fatalities. I have not been able to locate the incident on any local news or website newspapers, but the news channel recommends using http://www.al.com/ website which keeps most AL news updated.

I would check the site after the midday news is released bc there is no info on there now.
andrea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

me and my fiance's family were coming back from texas early early sunday morning around 1 am and we witnessed the horrible aftermath of a wreck. as we were passing by i refused to look because i did not want any memories of seeing someone's family member lying in the road. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about that
andrea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

the accident occurred on i 20 right after Shreveport.
vic

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

road runner wrote:
Yes. A Fed Ex semi collided with another semi. A 19 year old driver from Virginia died. It looked pretty bad from what local news showed.
vic

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Yes. A Fed Ex semi collided with another semi. A 19 year old driver from Virginia died. It looked pretty bad from what local news showed.
vic

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

oops. never mind.. wrong accident! Sorry
Carol

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

road runner wrote:
A single vehicle incident involving an 18-wheeler carrying about 3,800 gallons of sulfuric acid closed the parts of Interstate 20 in Minden on Sunday.

The accident occurred around 9:55 a.m. at I-20 and Highway 531. The trailer of the truck burst open and spilled about 85 percent of the acid, Minden Fire Chief Kip Mourad said. The cab of the truck was turned upside down with the driver of the vehicle pinned inside it when authorities arrived at the scene, Mourad said.

It took about three hours to get the driver out of the vehicle and Mourad said he was flown via helicopter to LSU Hospital in Shreveport. Mourad said the driver is in serious condition.

The eastbound lanes were closed at Minden, the west bound lanes were closed at Highway 531 for most of the day Sunday.

Authorities do not know the cause of the incident.
Kelly Pendleton

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

I have been wondering the same thing! It looked horrible - I was combing from the east as well - but I cannot find any information on it! Someone please help us!
road runner wrote:

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Kelly Pendleton wrote:
I have been wondering the same thing! It looked horrible - I was combing from the east as well - but I cannot find any information on it! Someone please help us!
<quoted text>
You remember this from 3 years ago?
bobbie jean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

I-20 is a long hiway, lot of wrecks on it daily, must have been a bad wreck to cover more than 3 states?
Ms nicegal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

bobbie jean wrote:
I-20 is a long hiway, lot of wrecks on it daily, must have been a bad wreck to cover more than 3 states?
when you have the law enforcement writing a ticket for truckers stopping to rest, running them off the ramps, running them out of rest areas, running them off the roadside, there is NOWHERE to stop to rest.. so all the trucker can do is KEEP MOVING and HOPE he doesnt go to sleep at the wheel....YOU CANT STOP ON THE RAMP, YOU CANT STOP ON THE ROADSIDE, you CANT STOP and stay in a rest area or they are full, so there is NOWHERE TO GO but KEEP MOVING....ask why there is NOT areas for truckers to stop and rest.If you notice the huge areas at the weigh stations are CLOSED AND BARRICADED when the station is closed, so there is NOWHERE TO GO

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Ms nicegal wrote:
<quoted text> when you have the law enforcement writing a ticket for truckers stopping to rest, running them off the ramps, running them out of rest areas, running them off the roadside, there is NOWHERE to stop to rest.. so all the trucker can do is KEEP MOVING and HOPE he doesnt go to sleep at the wheel....YOU CANT STOP ON THE RAMP, YOU CANT STOP ON THE ROADSIDE, you CANT STOP and stay in a rest area or they are full, so there is NOWHERE TO GO but KEEP MOVING....ask why there is NOT areas for truckers to stop and rest.If you notice the huge areas at the weigh stations are CLOSED AND BARRICADED when the station is closed, so there is NOWHERE TO GO
Hotels are plentiful slick.
undercover13

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Hotels are plentiful slick.
They are truck drivers...

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

undercover13 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are truck drivers...
Like I said, the law at most rest areas is that no overnight is allowed. Emergency lanes are for just that. I suggest a hotel.
bobbie jean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

I have never drove a big truck but I was told, it takes a lot of room to park one and more room to turn one around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jacksonville Discussions

Search the Jacksonville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KIds Clothing Thu Chimps need clothes 1
New Etowah County Arrests and Mugshot Thu Janet Nell Pirce 2
China creating jobs for Alabama's unemployed video Thu aljazeera 1
B&B Tree Service Wed Oh NO 2
Ex-Alabama pastor charged with sexual abuse, so... Wed Alabama Religion 1
Drunk Alabama woman steals horse, rides it to r... Jul 8 Another Jerk 1
Alabama mailman caught tossing parcels into a r... Jul 6 Alabama Idiot 1
•••
•••