United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

Judged:

Has anyone had any dealings with this doctor? I have seen her about 3 times, was not very impressed with the office setting, looks more like a kindergarde class room, all the posted notes all over the walls telling you what you can can't do, you have to ask permission to go to the bathroom. I'm 61 years old, why do I have have permission to go to the potty. The Doctor does not speak for herself, her rude, unprofessional supposedly nurse does all the talking. this person is the most uncaring,has no compassion for the sick patients that has to endure her abuse.
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

On the subject of Doctors, My mom and dad was a patient of Dr. Russell Ulrich until thier death. He was my doctor for over 14 years. Somehow a few rotten apples got in his barrel and messed it up for all his good apples, no pun intended, I was one of his good apples. To me I feel he is a compassionate man as well as a doctor, even through his own sickness, he continued to take care of his patients. my feelings he should be commended not disciplined.

“Still Around”

Since: Oct 07

Terrapin Creek, Al

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

I'm gonna rest for awhile, y'all come back now!Benny
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

I heard a lot of pros and cons about Dr. Ulrich, if he writes a prescription, it may say take one 4 times a day as needed. it doesn't say take as many as you want then when you run out, go find someone else and get some more. Once the prescription is filled, it is your responsibility to take your meds right, the doctor can't watch you 24-7. The Tylenol commercial says, if you can't take our product right, we had rather you not take it at all. The bottom line is, don't blame the doctor for a problem you created. I have had first hand knowledge watching someone abuse prescription medicine, so don't tell me it is all the doctor's fault, you have a choice, take it right or leave it alone if you can't control it.
Joe Bob

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

Dr. Nelder in Peidmont has turned over too much patient care to "Terry" her office manager.
It seems that she is the one making decisions about patient care.
Although Dr. Nelder may tell you one thing it is "Terry" that makes the final decision
She can and will cancell your refills on your prescriptions without notifying you.
She will make appointments for XRAYS or MRIs without telling you and then accuse you of non compliance using that as an excuse for cancelling your refills.
Anything you say to her will be taken out of context and then a lot added to it before it is written on your chart.
I do believe that Dr. Nelder is a good Doctor, but she made a very bad decision in hiring this woman and giving her the authority to take over patient care.

I have noticed that even the nice people that work there has become withdrawn and the whole atmosphere has changed.
They now have a notice on the front door proclaiming "Doctor Nelder is not a drug dealer, please don't treat her like one"
Another notice states that unless you are a patient you cannot use the bathroom, I suppose those that bring in a patient must wait or go elsewhere to use a bathroom.
They are also charging $10.00 to fill out a disability form for a parking permit and any over rides on medication.
Her whole office is posted with notices about what you can and can't do.
As a whole Dr. Nelder and the rest of her staff are nice people, but this person is ruining the whole practice by her arrogance.
Joe Bob

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

Benny wrote:
On the subject of Doctors, My mom and dad was a patient of Dr. Russell Ulrich until thier death. He was my doctor for over 14 years. Somehow a few rotten apples got in his barrel and messed it up for all his good apples, no pun intended, I was one of his good apples. To me I feel he is a compassionate man as well as a doctor, even through his own sickness, he continued to take care of his patients. my feelings he should be commended not disciplined.
It seems the DEA are running the show when it comes to Patient care.
They want to stop all medications for pain unless you are admitted into a Hospital, or it is one of the medications that is killing people like VIOX.
I think it is time we formed a patients rights group so we have control of what we need for pain.
There is only a small percentage of scum that will fake pain to get prescriptions to sell, yet they are usually the ones that can get all they want.
It is only the compassionate Doctors that are being censored.
I have known of cancer patients dying while screaming in pain.
Our Doctors should be our care givers "not third parties"
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Judged:

Amen brother, everything you said are the very same things they did to me. They made appointments with another doctor without consulting me. Scheduled tests that another doctor they sent me to had scheduled and then got smart with me because I didn't do theirs' first. Everyone knows insurance will not pay 2 doctors for the same test. When I tried to explain this to them they huffed up and told me to get out of their office and don't come back. To clarify what I heard, I asked do What? Again get out and don't come back. I gave up and told them, I don't intend to and walked out. Later I received a letter in the mail, because of my rude and inappropriate behavior I was no longer welcome there. Duhhhhh, my behavior, where was the doctor during this? Why did she not come out and listen to the truth. Too bad there was no other people in the place except for "her staff", sure wish there had been other patients there to hear the truth.
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Joe Bob wrote:
Dr. Nelder in Peidmont has turned over too much patient care to "Terry" her office manager.
It seems that she is the one making decisions about patient care.
Although Dr. Nelder may tell you one thing it is "Terry" that makes the final decision
She can and will cancell your refills on your prescriptions without notifying you.
She will make appointments for XRAYS or MRIs without telling you and then accuse you of non compliance using that as an excuse for cancelling your refills.
Anything you say to her will be taken out of context and then a lot added to it before it is written on your chart.
I do believe that Dr. Nelder is a good Doctor, but she made a very bad decision in hiring this woman and giving her the authority to take over patient care.
I have noticed that even the nice people that work there has become withdrawn and the whole atmosphere has changed.
They now have a notice on the front door proclaiming "Doctor Nelder is not a drug dealer, please don't treat her like one"
Another notice states that unless you are a patient you cannot use the bathroom, I suppose those that bring in a patient must wait or go elsewhere to use a bathroom.
They are also charging $10.00 to fill out a disability form for a parking permit and any over rides on medication.
Her whole office is posted with notices about what you can and can't do.
As a whole Dr. Nelder and the rest of her staff are nice people, but this person is ruining the whole practice by her arrogance.
I didn't get a chance to learn anyone's name, the one that gave me the most problems was the one that weighed you and did blood test. She was rude and obnoxious, did not give you a chance to finish an answer to her question, by the time I saw the doctor, my blood pressure was way up, usually it's not that high, all the doc wanted to do was double the meds!!!!!

“Still Around”

Since: Oct 07

Terrapin Creek, Al

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Everyone knows it is not good to keep things bottled up inside, I have found the best thing to do is, let it all come out, tell the truth come what may. My intentions are not to harm anyone but to tell it like it is. I've gone through a lot of tests the past few weeks, will probably learn the outcome next week. I called Nelder's office time and time again, the phone would ring but no answer, eventually I got an answering machine giving me all kinds of options, push these numbers for this and that, I finally got in touch with a live person and explained what was going on. I had called the other doctor's office they had sent me to about the tests and was told that all I had to do was sign a release and all the tests results would be faxed to Nelder's office. The person I talked to told me she had no idea what I was talking about and she would find out and call me back. Guess what, no return call. I always thought these doctors were supposed to keep in touch with each other, at least for the patients' benefit. Guess I've vented enough for one day, take care until next time, Benny
Joe Bob

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

This Blonde headed Nurse should be censored, I think she is doing things that the Doctor is not aware of.
Had I not called the Hospital to find out about an X-ray I had done I would not have known that I was scheduled for an MRI that day.
She will write on the prescriptions the Doctor has filled out, stating this must last you for 30 days or some other childish remark, like she regards them and the Doctor as being illiterate.
I think she regards sick people as "None Productive people".
She treats Dr.Nelder's patients as pill heads and scum .
She is the only one in the office that is obnoxious though, the rest are walking on eggshells because of her, she reminds me of a jealous lover.
Benny

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

So true, I've been in a few doctor's offices in my time but never one like this one. The doctor gave me refills on some medicine but the nurse told me I couldn't have them, sure enough when I went to the drug store, they had been discontinued. The druggist said he couldn't understand it because they were not a controlled substance.
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Still taking my treatments 5 days a week, in Gasden, according to Dr. Ulrich's desk clerk, he was not willing to help me get the meds I needed and suggested I find another Doctor, the doctor wouldn't talk to me, so there goes my theory of him being a kind and compassionate man, guess I was wrong, I found a new doctor, nice office setting, staff seem to be caring as does the doctor, we will see how this goes, hopefully no more doctor hunting for me.
Piedmont citizen

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

Sounds like dr. nelder's whole staff needs to be drug tested judging by their behavior. It is said that drugs make you mean and alter personalities.
Piedmont citizen

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Why doesn't dr.nelder drug test her employees?
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

My understanding she does random test and does catch a few occasionally, then she dismisses them. I think she could possibly make a good doctor if she would hire a decent nurse. The few times I had dealings with her, the nurse did all the talking, The Doc acts like she is afraid of her!
Benny

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Piedmont citizen wrote:
Why doesn't dr.nelder drug test her employees?
I'm sorry, I misread the question, sounds like a good idea, most companies do random drug tests especially if they throw a lot of temper tantrums for no reason!!!!
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

When I went by Nelder's office Thursday all the windows and doors were posted with all kind of memos and the inside is even worse. You don't see many cars there any more but Dr. Joy seems to have patients and more coming in and signing up. So far when I needed her, I would call and they would get me in the same day. I'm going to do all I can to stay with her. The ladies that work for her so far have been extremely nice, they talk to you and treat you like you are a human being. The first visit I was really nervous but that feeling passed. When you go in, it is nice and neat. There is a TV and a magazine rack and the walls are not loaded with taped up notes There are pics and other art work that is nice to look at, almost like a living room. She is very strict about medicine but she will listen to you and so far has done the right thing. Personally I think Nelder could be a good doctor if she would get a good nurse and get rid of that smart aleck blonde headed idiot, even the other office help are afraid of her, they won't speak when she is around. Enough said about that.
Benny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Personally, I think Dr Ulrich's staff got to lax in their duties while he was fighting his own battle with his illness. Record keeping was sloppy, their attitudes went from bad to worse until his regular patients couldn't take anymore. I feel he was a compassionate man at one time but all these problems brought on him turned him into a bitter man. Sure hope he gets his act together before it is too late!
Benny

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

Oh well, Dr. Joy is a rich person's doctor. with all the tests she wants you to take, you've got to be rich or have awfully good insurance, even if you have insurance, a person on a fixed income can't afford all the tests. It's still a wait and see how this one goes. I've got a bad feeling about this one. Either way Dr. Ulrich is still the best doctor as far as listening to you and letting you know what he considers is in the best interest for you.
tattle

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

If Dr. Nelder knew about terry's past, she wouldn't be working in a doctors office. Ive got a feeling that its all about to come out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,160
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jacksonville Discussions

Search the Jacksonville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Our plan was to grow old together': 11 hr Lets all cry 1
Debate: Marijuana - Gadsden, AL (Aug '10) 22 hr TMB427 32
Gadsden - Electronic Cigarette - Ecig (Dec '12) Wed Straight Up 24
Joe Kisner/ Turf Tek Lawn Service Wed Curious 1
Marinemarine 'who raped and murdered two little... Wed Dirty Military 1
Are you a female who has been screwed in Calhou... (May '08) Tue Mrs Smith 80
Pagans (Feb '13) Tue Dalgast 3
•••
•••