House committee passes Ledbetter Act

House committee passes Ledbetter Act

There are 2 comments on the Jacksonville News story from Jul 23, 2007, titled House committee passes Ledbetter Act. In it, Jacksonville News reports that:

“The Supreme Court's ruling in Ledbetter v. Goodyear was a painful step backwards for civil rights in this country”

On June 27, the United States House of Representatives Education and Labor committee passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. via Jacksonville News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonville News.

shear2me

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2007
I not sure if the courts ruling is the right one or not. I worked at goodyear for 34yrs and I knew Lily very well. You can ask anyone who worked for her and they will tell you that whatever she was paid it was more than she was worth.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Bell, CA

#2 Jul 24, 2007
Typical democrat journalist quoting a blowhard but not getting to the facts or even trying to give an example of what happened.

A piss-poor article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Harper and his crew Fri need a job 1
Dorothy Nelder M.D. (May '08) Thu Cher 1,166
Review: Anniston Ob/Gyn Assoc - Lawrence R Jone... (Nov '09) Feb 23 Informed 5
Jay Colvin Feb 22 Informed 2
Tiffany Holland Nicholson of Piedmont AL Arre... (Jun '11) Feb 12 Cher 10
News Should bingo parlor allow smoking? Council cons... (Jun '16) Feb 6 kirton 3
Tri-County Outreach (Mar '16) Feb 2 Neale 8

Jacksonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jacksonville Mortgages