The Church of Christ is the only chur...
gabby

Madison, MS

#4177 May 20, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LUVBOY2, that Flowood, MS location gives you away BTW. So I see you're here to do the work of Jesus again.
Have you heard of something called a "SHIFT" key? When you hold it the next letter you type will be capitalized. Now why is that important? Well, when literate adults write rule #1 is that the first word of a sentence be capitalized. You do profess to being a literate adult, right?
I'm dubious of how you know who does or does not wish to put their love stick near my erogenous zones nor why you think I am keen on associating with any love stick apart from my own. I know of one lady who is quite fond of mine and her opinion is the only one which concerns me.
I do not think Interesting has any sort of desire to relieve anything sexual about me, nor is there any sort of tension, sexual or otherwise, which is in need of relief. I am quite capable of thinking rationally and enjoying life, especially now that I have come to the realization that your god is figment of the imagination, an imaginary friend of sorts, that Jesus was just a man and, though he may have been executed on a cross, he was not a deity, nor the son of any deity, he most certainly did not come back from the dead. Furthermore, I bear no responsibility for his death, there is nothing from which humans need redemption, nor does a belief in the magical power of human sacrifice to a capricious god offer such redemption.
your detective skills amaze me
not to mention

Knoxville, TN

#4181 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Your conclusion is based on post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Correlation does not equal causation Interesting and as much as you wish my life revolved around you, it doesn't. The riddle is of your own making and it is logically fallacious.
Who is obsessed? You are.
I'm glad you think your life doesn't revolve around me, but the proof is in the text. I never claimed you were until you made up some childish comeback that I have a perpetuating 4 hour boners for you, and I just replied with the facts, that you didn't comment on here while I was away and not commenting. Only to have you make more boner jokes. I've found that when you're caught between a rock and a hard place you, like most people, revert to such childish behavior. That's the truth of life.
not to mention

Knoxville, TN

#4182 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Yea, that's the one thing for which Interesting cannot be faulted, he isn't gullible enough to buy into religion.
I don't think there's one thing about me that's gullible. I just call it like I see it. As I've stated many times. Some people just get upset by the truths of their own lives, including you. That's why you are the way you are. Gullible, give me a fucking break. I just respond with the truth. Whether I cuss or not in it, shouldn't matter. Read the text, it's pretty obvious, if you weren't as blind as most people recognize you to be
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#4183 May 20, 2013
that was me again
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#4186 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Did you even read my post Interesting? I wrote:
"Yea, that's the one thing for which Interesting CANNOT be faulted, he isn't gullible enough to buy into religion."
In other words I said you were not gullible. Read before you respond next time.
You said "gullible enough" You may think I read too much into things, but I know what the word enough means. Just because you said religion, didn't mean you weren't implying other situations.
voodoo

Rowlett, TX

#4188 May 22, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "gullible enough" You may think I read too much into things, but I know what the word enough means. Just because you said religion, didn't mean you weren't implying other situations.
you type like an old lady.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4189 May 22, 2013
voodoo wrote:
<quoted text>you type like an old lady.
That's quite a generalization - how does an "old lady" type?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#4190 May 22, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite a generalization - how does an "old lady" type?
Most of the "old lady"'s at my place of work type with blazing speeds and without watching the keyboard.
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#4191 May 22, 2013
voodoo wrote:
<quoted text>you type like an old lady.
Sweet!
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4192 May 25, 2013
It seems that WFTL is no longer able to type.
Dot

Switzerland

#4193 May 25, 2013
Praise the Ford, praise the Hona Accord
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4194 May 26, 2013
Dot wrote:
Praise the Ford, praise the Hona Accord
Yes, it seems that WFTL has learned that his church is not a place to be saved (in fact it actually drains your savings) and there is nothing to be saved from. If you find that you are very good at preaching BS, that suggests you are spending far too much time associating with those who are too dense to resist it. Obviously he has learned that this thread is not a place to preach his BS.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#4196 May 26, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it seems that WFTL has learned that his church is not a place to be saved (in fact it actually drains your savings) and there is nothing to be saved from. If you find that you are very good at preaching BS, that suggests you are spending far too much time associating with those who are too dense to resist it. Obviously he has learned that this thread is not a place to preach his BS.
He came here under the premise of saving souls. I imagine his batting average here is .000. All he proved is that his religion is divisive even among other true believers.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4197 May 26, 2013
What do you bet he/she watched one to many Hitchens debates and the spark of reason took hold.
I'd like to think so, but if that were the case he'd be here now celebrating his liberation from superstition and enjoying his new found freedom. More likely, he is reserving his BS for those who swallow it.
Interesting

Germantown, TN

#4199 May 26, 2013
Apparently the guy who was behind the WFTL name is named Stephen Sutton, and is a minister at a Church of Christ Church. Which is really sad, if this is in fact the person at hand.
samantha124

Jackson, TN

#4200 May 26, 2013
the real important question to me is, "Is there anything other than what Jesus specifically taught, as recorded in the New Testament, that is necessary for salvation or living a Godly life?" If the answer is NO, then there is no need for church doctrine that adds anything to Jesus' teachings. If the answer is YES, then a second question comes to mind -- "Why did we need Jesus?"
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4201 May 26, 2013
samantha124 wrote:
the real important question to me is, "Is there anything other than what Jesus specifically taught, as recorded in the New Testament, that is necessary for salvation or living a Godly life?" If the answer is NO, then there is no need for church doctrine that adds anything to Jesus' teachings. If the answer is YES, then a second question comes to mind -- "Why did we need Jesus?"
If you believe that the teachings in that old book are true, then you need a church to tell you whether Paul is right when he states you only need to believe for salvation, or whether Matthew is right when he quotes Jesus as saying you need to obey the law and do good works to be saved.
The question is "saved from what?" If there is no god, then there is no hell and nothing to be saved from, so keep your tithes in your pocket and enjoy life.
False religion

Jackson, TN

#4203 May 26, 2013
samantha124 wrote:
This has been linked to before, review what it says and see if it makes sense:

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/christians.html

It is one of many interpretations and views of a "christian" life that so many seem to want say they live as, yet don't behave as.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4204 May 26, 2013
False religion wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been linked to before, review what it says and see if it makes sense:
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/christians.html
It is one of many interpretations and views of a "christian" life that so many seem to want say they live as, yet don't behave as.
Some nice thoughts extracted from the bible, but sadly, the truth is for every bible verse there is an equal and opposite bible verse. Best to disregard it entirely.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4206 May 27, 2013
OK, let's see if we can get WFTL back to help us and spread the word. Here is a question for him: If the bible dictates that someone who is raped should marry their rapist, does this apply even if one is raped by someone of the same sex?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JB Elston and "TINY" 6 min Maggie Tilton 9
Diamond Dixie 25 min MrLuvaLuva 1
Jackson Country Club (Jul '11) 25 min Stephen 76
Report Local Nurse to the Government 59 min HIPPA 1
Public Record Shared with Jackson 1 hr Scared Daughter 1
Atheism and Homosexuality 1 hr Observer 781
how pathetic 1 hr Maggie Tilton 4
Anastasia Brown had an abortion 3 hr Queens 24
trooper cash 5 hr wanna be 27
Brooksies Barn Thu Octopus 27