The Church of Christ is the only chur...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3648 Mar 19, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Auntie, I have read alot of your post, you're no fool, so why ask that question?
You knw the answer.
You're just wanting to argue with the poster.
As I stated b4, one cannot come up with facts that there is a God, nor can you come up with facts that there in NOt one.
So if a person is ignorant for not being able to prove the exsitence of God, then too, is not a person ignorant for not being able to prove there is no God?
Looks like we're both ignorant, according to your logic.
Atheists feel a need to have proof which they feel is adequate for them to either accept or reject, but what's so bizarre is they know their is no way of proving or testing faith, but they keep on insisting they would convert in a heartbeat, so why do they continue to search for that answer they know will never come their way, because the fear of being wrong is always in the back of their mind, and always will be, it's inescapable.
Auntie Theist

Phenix City, AL

#3650 Mar 20, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Christians believe that with 'God all things are possible', that even 'death flees from him', so yes, they believe in the resurrection.
Why do you keep insulting people by calling their beliefs magical?
You show no respect to others who differ from you.
What are you afraid of?
Why all the hate?
Who has wronged you?
Why is it so important to you to attack believers?
Coming back to life 3 days after death is magic - that's why.
Auntie Theist

Phenix City, AL

#3652 Mar 20, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Auntie, I have read alot of your post, you're no fool, so why ask that question?
You knw the answer.
You're just wanting to argue with the poster.
As I stated b4, one cannot come up with facts that there is a God, nor can you come up with facts that there in NOt one.
So if a person is ignorant for not being able to prove the exsitence of God, then too, is not a person ignorant for not being able to prove there is no God?
Looks like we're both ignorant, according to your logic.
If you have read my posts you know that I can prove there is no god in exactly the same way as we both prove there is no easter bunny, tooth fairy or fire-breathing dragon in my garage - they are not there!
Auntie Theist

Phenix City, AL

#3653 Mar 20, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Atheists feel a need to have proof which they feel is adequate for them to either accept or reject, but what's so bizarre is they know their is no way of proving or testing faith, but they keep on insisting they would convert in a heartbeat, so why do they continue to search for that answer they know will never come their way, because the fear of being wrong is always in the back of their mind, and always will be, it's inescapable.
Yes, I need facts before I buy a car or a house just as you do. What surprises me is that you do not need facts to submit your life to an imaginary being.
luvrboy

Brandon, MS

#3654 Mar 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever given any thought to the possibility he was not dead. maybe in a coma and he awoke from same?

and those who belived called it a miracle?

stranger things have happened in your lifetime.
Good girl

Jackson, TN

#3656 Mar 20, 2013
Can this narrow-minded thread please just go away? Why can a religion that is less than 200 years old think that they are the only ones that can get to Heaven? I just don't think God is going to stand at the pearly gates and kick people out because they weren't members of the "Church of Christ". How judgmental can you people be????
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#3657 Mar 20, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if Jesus was not dead then the entire foundation of the Christianity goes out the windows. Is not claimed that Jesus DIED for the sins of the world, the pure lamb, the perfect sacrifice? If he never died then there was no sacrifice and no reason to worship him as "the risen savior".
it is a theory in much the same way you are.

Location hidden

#3658 Mar 20, 2013
Good girl wrote:
Can this narrow-minded thread please just go away? Why can a religion that is less than 200 years old think that they are the only ones that can get to Heaven? I just don't think God is going to stand at the pearly gates and kick people out because they weren't members of the "Church of Christ". How judgmental can you people be????
What church do you think the bible was talking about on the day of Pentecost when the church came into exsistence. You say 200 years ago the Church of Christ came into exsistence which is false and to help you see that the Churches of Christ have been around since 33AD, the day of Pentecost here's some proof of the Churches of Christ from the 1500-1600, so this should change your mind on the 200 year false information you gathered. http://churches-of-christ.ws/indextr.htm

Location hidden

#3659 Mar 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I need facts before I buy a car or a house just as you do. What surprises me is that you do not need facts to submit your life to an imaginary being.
This is how's it's been since time began and you think it's false, so say you. You believe as you wish and I'll believe as the world has since the beginning of time.

Location hidden

#3660 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's see here, yes, evidence is a requirement for any claim to be accepted as true.
Yes, there is no way of proving or testing faith. Faith is an just lame excuse to believe something in the absence of evidence and a cop-out for providing actual evidence. It is because of that fact that we reject faith as a justification to believe anything. Faith is gullibility, wrapped in reverence & masqueraded as a virtue.
If convincing evidence were presented for your claim then I would accept it but faith, by definition, cannot fill the void of evidence.
The fear of being wrong? Now that's where your explanation jumps the rails. If I had any fear of being wrong then I would be in your position, believing things for no good reason but rather out of fear that I'm going to be tormented forever after I am dead. I don't fear your imaginary fantasy god any more than I fear Zeus, Oden, Allah or the monsters under my bed.
Your argument is fallacious, you cannot read minds and your claim that our unwillingness to accept faith as an answer is fear based is as made up as your entire religion.
This is how's it's been since time began and you think it's false, so say you. You believe as you wish and I'll believe as the world has since the beginning of time, don't take it personally but I prefer to go with the one's who know more than you.

Location hidden

#3661 Mar 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a hugh distinct difference between magic and miracles.

Location hidden

#3663 Mar 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have read my posts you know that I can prove there is no god in exactly the same way as we both prove there is no easter bunny, tooth fairy or fire-breathing dragon in my garage - they are not there!
You have no way to prove God doesn't exsist, so why are you lying for? The easter bunny and the others you talk about haven't been around since the beginning of time either. Normal people know the difference in the easter bunny and God who can save your soul, so using the easter bunny, tooth fairy is so childish. We worship God at real places, do we worship the easter bunny and all of the childhood helpers at real places, no. Do we pray to them daily, no, do we have them on our money, no, it's really time to come back to the reality that God does exsisits.
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#3666 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
This is how WHAT has been since time began? Who are the one's who know more than me?
moe,larry and curly

Location hidden

#3668 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
This is how WHAT has been since time began? Who are the one's who know more than me?
Since God has been in the hearts of man, since the beginning of time. Your cynical ideas on how life came to be and your lack of belief are so ridiculous that even God had to mention people like yourself in the bible.

Location hidden

#3670 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I do not know exactly how life came to be, we are still investigating that and may never know the precise chain of events. All we can say is that nothing in nature or the laws of chemistry prevent abiogenesis from occurring. What I will not do is claim that life was the result of magical incantations and spells by a sky wizard.
God didn't mention people like me in the your bible, imaginary beings cannot "mention". The author is making a prepositionalist argument, a fallacious argument where you accuse your opponent of knowing claim is true but denying it. As is the modus operandi of theist, it is yet another attempt to avoid your burden of proof.
The bible is real, you probably own one or it's on your computer and in it the author speaks of you and what you would believe in and why It amazes me that the bible speaks of atheism and even saying why they would believe in his creation rather than him. Why do you think these writers wrote that about you when you say it was probably written to keep slaves in their place, wouldn't that be something so far from keeping slaves in their places?. The burden of proof you say we christians have doesn't exsist, we believe and you don't. There's been proof since the beginning of time so why do you say burden of proof is on us? What you're trying to say is the proof you need is what you're referring to, but other people do quite fine in believing with the proof which has always exsisted. The proof has even increased with findings such as the Dead Sea Scrolls and many artifacts which pours even more proof in the cup. When someone like yourself and your followers say the whole world is wrong, this puts an end to your validity once and for all.
Auntie Theist

Memphis, TN

#3671 Mar 21, 2013
Good girl wrote:
I don't believe in pearly gates - no evidence for them.
Auntie Theist

Memphis, TN

#3672 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text> Since God has been in the hearts of man, since the beginning of time. Your cynical ideas on how life came to be and your lack of belief are so ridiculous that even God had to mention people like yourself in the bible.
I thought you had some medical training. Don't you know what the heart is? How can there be a god in it?
Auntie Theist

Memphis, TN

#3673 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text> The bible is real, you probably own one or it's on your computer and in it the author speaks of you and what you would believe in and why It amazes me that the bible speaks of atheism and even saying why they would believe in his creation rather than him. Why do you think these writers wrote that about you when you say it was probably written to keep slaves in their place, wouldn't that be something so far from keeping slaves in their places?. The burden of proof you say we christians have doesn't exsist, we believe and you don't. There's been proof since the beginning of time so why do you say burden of proof is on us? What you're trying to say is the proof you need is what you're referring to, but other people do quite fine in believing with the proof which has always exsisted. The proof has even increased with findings such as the Dead Sea Scrolls and many artifacts which pours even more proof in the cup. When someone like yourself and your followers say the whole world is wrong, this puts an end to your validity once and for all.
Give me some of the proof you mention. I have seen none yet I look. The Dead Sea Scrolls are proof of nothing especially when they were deliberately hidden again for 50 years (why?)
lawman 2

Madison, MS

#3675 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I see.
no, john tremblay, according to reason, auntie theist
Auntie Theist

Memphis, TN

#3679 Mar 22, 2013
WFTL, It has been proved that the children of Israel were living in Northern England (Scotland) at the time they were alleged to be in Egypt. Many pots have been found with hebrew writings on them around Edinburgh. Statues to Moses are there with hebrew script translated into Gaelic. The Celts lived in peace with the Jews. Many manuscripts from the time are now being translated from hebrew and gaelic to english.
All these artefacts and manuscripts prove they were there and disprove the story about the slavery in Egypt.

This is the kind of evidence that WFTL produces to support the gospels and the stories in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible Verse of the Day 19 min GnFnR 165
Cheap tattoo 50 min CaliGirl Jen 4
omg 52 min guest 1
Which is better - Catholic church or Baptist? (Mar '17) 58 min Geraldo 409
Today's bible verse (Oct '16) 2 hr Sirhc Notae 2,219
nothing good 2 hr Sirhc Notae 5
Remember Federal Dr Pothole Tree? 4 hr guest 4
Holly Bobo trial Wed Guest 54

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web