The Church of Christ is the only chur...
rogerp

Jackson, TN

#3087 Feb 22, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Miracles ended when the last apostle died.
sez who?
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3088 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text> Yes it matters because your putting blame on an innocent person. Did God tell any of these people to do these things, no. Quit using God as your scapegoat for all of the crimes that man does. If God was to be part of our lives you would say he's interfering in your life.
I agree that god did not tell innocent children to die from malnutrition. I agree that god did not tell innocent children to get themselves shot in school. I agree that god did not tell innocent children to die from nasty diseases. I do NOT agree that your god should sit back and let this happen when he has the power to prevent it. There is NO excuse for lack of compassion.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3089 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text> We know that, but back then the tricks of deception were so real it seem to be supernatural to them, no different than a magician doing a trick which seems to defy the laws of gravity by a body flaoting in the air. Unless you knew the way the trick worked you thought it was real. Witches were people who were against God and tried to deter people away from God.
1)If witches had no supernatural powers why were they any more of a threat to your god than, say, an atheist?
2)If you admit to magicians "defying the laws of gravity" I wonder if you've hit on a solution to "walking on water?"
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3090 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text> by Johnny McCulloch Since the time that man first started practicing witchcraft, it has been an abomination in the sight of God. The first mention in the Bible is in Exodus 22:18, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Again in Leviticus 19:31, "Regard not them that have familiar spirits" and in Leviticus 20:27, "A man also a woman that hath a familiar spirit or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death." Witchcraft includes the whole family of magic, fortune telling and predictions of the future. What is the importance of such a discusion today? Are we going back to Salem, Mass. and start again to drown all the witches? Why would God adopt such an attitude toward this class of people? Well perhaps the main reason would be because he. is God .and he can adopt any attitude he might choose. But God's edicts always have a practical reason. To those who have made a deep study of witches, familiar spirits and demons there is no doubt that such are the works of the devil. The devil is Prince of the world and as such has certairi powers granted to him by God, the ruler of the universe. Read again the remarkable story of the "Witch of Endor" in 1 Samuel 28:2-25. The possession of certain people by demons is one such power granted Satan only during the time of Christ's humanity. There is no doubt there are many witches, fortune tellers and familiar spirits today who have powers granted them by Satan to read your mind, and tell you facts lost in your sub-conscious mind, but and it is a big BUT, they cannot tell the future. This is a priviledge God reserves for himself and he is very jealous when man tries to invade his territory. Read again Isaiah 41:21. Equally as strong a reason for God's hatred of witchcraft is that in his infinite wisdom, he knew that it could and would become a form of idolatry. How well his concerns have materialized will be discussed in a subsequent article, "Astrology a Type of Fortune Telling."
So witches do have supernatural powers to read your mind granted by Satan? Make your mind up.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3091 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text> Your own words find you guilty, as you say yourself, when will I "LEARN" case closed. I can just picture you pulling your hair out. lolololololo.
I am not prepared to let this topic drop. As an adult, either you learn or fail. You are obviously failing by refusing to learn, or are you comparing yourself to a child who is just learning to speak and wants on more of it so you can remain in your inner world of make believe?
Children learn and they are taught religion. If they are not taught religion they remain atheists. Adults who refuse to learn have no business trying to teach.
Cigarette Steve

Jackson, TN

#3092 Feb 22, 2013
it's all about the cigarettes
athesist blows

Jackson, TN

#3093 Feb 22, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not prepared to let this topic drop. As an adult, either you learn or fail. You are obviously failing by refusing to learn, or are you comparing yourself to a child who is just learning to speak and wants on more of it so you can remain in your inner world of make believe?
Children learn and they are taught religion. If they are not taught religion they remain atheists. Adults who refuse to learn have no business trying to teach.
You are a dumbass,you have your false views and who cares.But keep your false views to your own threads.Go make up a thread.I have a name for it. Call it "i'm a dumbass and i want to force my views down your throat" Im sure many of your kind will indulge your need to feel superior and intelligent!!
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3095 Feb 22, 2013
athesist blows wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dumbass,you have your false views and who cares.But keep your false views to your own threads.Go make up a thread.I have a name for it. Call it "i'm a dumbass and i want to force my views down your throat" Im sure many of your kind will indulge your need to feel superior and intelligent!!
How many times must I post that ad hominem attacks are the only resort for those who cannot defend their position. Why don't you attack what I write instead of trying to attack me when you know virtually nothing of me? I can only suppose you are incapable.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3096 Feb 22, 2013
Cigarette Steve wrote:
it's all about the cigarettes
I think that is a wise statement. As I would like to erase religion via education. Another possibility may be to donate cartons of cigarettes to Christians, Muslims etc.
Perhaps not, atheists have morals and scruples.
athesist blows

Jackson, TN

#3098 Feb 22, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
^^^ Personal attack fail...
What are you 13?
awe did i make you mad??? i dont care,this is no diffrent than what you are doing.You come on a topic about God and try to anger the "christians" by calling what they believe a lie.I'm doing no diffrent by making fun of you.Oh and to answer your girl version who i didnt comment to,again there is no point for you moron(s) thats for when you put your wig and dress on. There is no point in arguing with christians.You are wasting your time. So tell yourself when you put your dress on i think you're an idiot

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3099 Feb 22, 2013
rogerp wrote:
<quoted text>
sez who?
The bible,,, Finally, do people have the same power today? No. Since the Word of God has been given and has been confirmed by these miracles, there is no need for the confirmation by miracle, including speaking with tongues, to continue today. Paul wrote about the temporary nature of these miracles, including tongues.

1CO 13:8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
1CO 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
1CO 13:10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
1CO 13:11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
1CO 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known.
1CO 13:13 But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Location hidden

#3100 Feb 22, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
1)If witches had no supernatural powers why were they any more of a threat to your god than, say, an atheist?
2)If you admit to magicians "defying the laws of gravity" I wonder if you've hit on a solution to "walking on water?"
Pretending or deceiving people is a sin, that's what witches do. To deceive people from the truth is a sin.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3101 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text> Pretending or deceiving people is a sin, that's what witches do. To deceive people from the truth is a sin.
I'm stating the truth, and inventing nothing, so obviously I'm not sinning.
If witches pose less threat than infidels, why single them out?
I'm sure you are aware of the persecution by the church of up to 6 million witches - mostly women.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#3102 Feb 22, 2013
The Jew says:
"Christians and Muslims are wrong."
The Christian says:
"Jews and Muslims are wrong."
The Muslim says:
"Jews and Christians are wrong."
The atheist says:
"You are all correct."

Location hidden

#3103 Feb 22, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
The Jew says:
"Christians and Muslims are wrong."
The Christian says:
"Jews and Muslims are wrong."
The Muslim says:
"Jews and Christians are wrong."
The atheist says:
"You are all correct."
It makes you wonder whose right. The bible and common sense will guide you to the correct answer. When you start reading the bible you'll see the difference in what beliefs are true and those that are not. Just read and you'll know. The Muslims belief is so bizarre it's the easiest one to see the faults in how they worship. The bible will show you the faults of the Jews beliefs, so now you're clear to find the truth, which is the CoC.
BONG BONG

Oakland, TN

#3105 Feb 22, 2013
auntie theist aint no female, thinks he got us fooled

Location hidden

#3106 Feb 22, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Reason I understand why you don't believe in the exsistence of a God, but what do you think was the reason why early man didn't believe?

Location hidden

#3107 Feb 22, 2013
Dr. Werner Gitt, Director and Professor at the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology, makes it clear that one of the things we know absolutely for sure from science, is that information cannot arise from disorder by chance. It always takes (greater) information to produce information, and ultimately information is the result of intelligence:
“A code system is always the result of a mental process (it requires an intelligent origin or inventor)… It should be emphasized that matter as such is unable to generate any code. All experiences indicate that a thinking being voluntarily exercising his own free will, cognition, and creativity, is required.”15
'There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this.'16

Location hidden

#3108 Feb 22, 2013
By definition, an infinite, eternal being has always existed—no one created God. He is the self-existing one—the great 'I am' of the Bible.19 He is outside of time; in fact, He created time.

You might say,“But that means I have to accept this by faith, as I can't understand it.”

We read in the book of Hebrews,'But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him'(Hebrews 11:6).

But this is not blind faith, as some think. In fact, the evolutionists who deny God have a blind faith—they have to believe something that is against real science—namely, that information can arise from disorder by chance.

Location hidden

#3109 Feb 22, 2013
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic” - one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful” (Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex daugther Bella 1 hr Baby momma 1
New Church comes to Jackson 1 hr Observer 4
Jackson walk Phase 2 - the Bemis Mill 1 hr guest 90
Bethel Baptist Church Preacher? (Jul '11) 1 hr Friend 57
Today's bible verse 1 hr Auntie Theist 152
cheddars (Aug '11) 4 hr Thatgirl 39
Divorce lawyers???? (Nov '12) 6 hr struggleS 37

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance