Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3062 Feb 21, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ask my son about his relationship with god, he says what God, which means he's an atheist for the fact that he has no claim in a God.
Kinda get what I'm saying?
If I ask my son if he's an atheist, he'll probably ask what's atheism, which means he doesn't understand what being an atheist is. If I tell him what it means to be an atheist, then he will know what it means to be an atheist

Location hidden

#3063 Feb 21, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ask my son about his relationship with god, he says what God, which means he's an atheist for the fact that he has no claim in a God.
Kinda get what I'm saying?
Is someone dead an atheist?

Location hidden

#3065 Feb 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are getting closer - do witches have supernatural powers?
No.

Location hidden

#3066 Feb 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you learn the definition of atheism? It is an ABSENCE of belief in god. Anything that has an absence of belief in god is an atheist. Cats are atheists. Peanuts are atheists. Lions are atheists. Anything that does not have a belief in a god is an atheist. You cannot teach atheism. There is nothing to teach - it is an ABSENCE of belief. You cannot teach an ABSENCE. Atheism is the default state before anything is taught to anyone. If there is no belief system, there is atheism. How can I make that clearer to you?
Your own words find you guilty, as you say yourself, when will I "LEARN" case closed. I can just picture you pulling your hair out. lolololololo.
Auntie Theist

Duluth, GA

#3067 Feb 21, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Is someone dead an atheist?
I just can't get it through to you. You are blocking it. Open your mind and learn. Dead people are atheists because they don't have a belief in a god. Kids who have not been indoctrinated into religion are atheists even though they don't know what atheism is. It is the default. It is what exists before teaching. It is the basic. You don't need to know anything about atheism to be one. Many people are atheists without knowing it. If you don't believe in god you are an atheist period. Do not try to add to that - there is nothing more. Why will you not accept this?
Anyone, child, or adult who doesn't even know about a god is an atheist. Anyone born on a desert island and with no access to religion is an atheist.
I'm going to get you to understand this. If I'm wrong, what is your definition of atheism?- please feel free to copy & paste whatever you believe.
Auntie Theist

Duluth, GA

#3068 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text> No.
Then why are they chosen to die in the bible?
Auntie Theist

Duluth, GA

#3069 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text> Your own words find you guilty, as you say yourself, when will I "LEARN" case closed. I can just picture you pulling your hair out. lolololololo.
You mean that you refuse to learn? That's quite an admission if true. I hope everyone sees it.

Location hidden

#3070 Feb 21, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if your GOD exists then he is ultimately responsible for creating evil.
I do not blame god, it is nonsensical to blame a being which shows no evidence of existing.
I'm not exactly sure how you compare the game of baseball to your god not choosing to stop child rape or child murder. Attempting to hit a baseball and failing is not an immoral act. Even if we overlook that and assume that missing the ball was the equivalent of murdering a child, the coach is not omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. If the coach were like your god, and missing the ball resulted in the execution of a child, then yes I would blame the coach for no intervening and either batting for me or using his awesome powers to ensure the ball was struck. The coach would have known beforehand if I was going to miss and, being all powerful, could have made sure that I did not miss. If the coach knew I was going to miss and refused to intervene, resulting in a child being executed, then he would be a malevolent being unworthy of worship in the first place.
So your god has given us a book with all the instructions on how to play the game correctly? Well we clearly screwed the pooch back when our country passed the 13th Amendment. The instruction book clearly says that slavery is just fine with your god. My sister was not a virgin on her wedding night, according to the instructions given by your god I failed to take her before the town to be stoned to death. What about all these rapist getting sent to prison, the instruction book says they are to marry their victim and pay the father fifty shekels of silver. If only everyone followed god's instruction book everything we be so much better.
What Bible are you reading? The Bible I know is not an instruction manual for anything good. It is jumbled mess of contradictions and outright sadistic commands. If the bible is an account of your god's morals then my morals are far superior.
It's mans game alright, it could be no other way. Your god's decision to remain invisible and quite, allowing pain and suffering to just run its course makes your god indistinguishable from a god which does not exist.
What evidence do you have which demonstrates that there will be a 'winning team' or that anyone will go to some place you call 'heaven' and another place you call 'hell'? Please explain how you know these things?
Tell me exactly how God creates evil when he doesn't intervene in our lives.It's not his place to stop what you and I do. It's not him that created evil, man did. The bible is full of all kinds of things to help you be a good person and to live the way God intended you to live. If people would abide by what the bible says on how to live there would be less crime and more peace. You live in a world where there is no God just like you say would be the best, but your way isn't the best as you can clearly see. The bible tells us what to expect, it tells us of heaven and hell. The world has believed in God forever, The bible is my proof, just like when I look at everything outside, the trees the stars, etc.. You see things diferently unfortunately. My proof has been around forever your belief has not. When a child is raped it's not God's faultSo again show me how God creates evil in this world when he's not in it to cause evil.
Auntie Theist

Duluth, GA

#3072 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text> Tell me exactly how God creates evil when he doesn't intervene in our lives.It's not his place to stop what you and I do. It's not him that created evil, man did. The bible is full of all kinds of things to help you be a good person and to live the way God intended you to live. If people would abide by what the bible says on how to live there would be less crime and more peace. You live in a world where there is no God just like you say would be the best, but your way isn't the best as you can clearly see. The bible tells us what to expect, it tells us of heaven and hell. The world has believed in God forever, The bible is my proof, just like when I look at everything outside, the trees the stars, etc.. You see things diferently unfortunately. My proof has been around forever your belief has not. When a child is raped it's not God's faultSo again show me how God creates evil in this world when he's not in it to cause evil.
Does it really matter where "evil" comes from? What matters is that there are innocent children out there who die through no fault of their own, yet your all powerful god ignores it. I submit that even the lowliest sane human would try to help a child in distress, yet your god turns his back on them. There is no satisfactory explanation for turning your back on a child in distress period..........except one. I wonder if you can guess what it is?
Auntie Theist

Duluth, GA

#3073 Feb 21, 2013
Why are witches chosen to die in the bible when they possess no supernatural powers?

Location hidden

#3074 Feb 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter where "evil" comes from? What matters is that there are innocent children out there who die through no fault of their own, yet your all powerful god ignores it. I submit that even the lowliest sane human would try to help a child in distress, yet your god turns his back on them. There is no satisfactory explanation for turning your back on a child in distress period..........except one. I wonder if you can guess what it is?
Yes it matters because your putting blame on an innocent person. Did God tell any of these people to do these things, no. Quit using God as your scapegoat for all of the crimes that man does. If God was to be part of our lives you would say he's interfering in your life.

Location hidden

#3075 Feb 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
Why are witches chosen to die in the bible when they possess no supernatural powers?
We know that, but back then the tricks of deception were so real it seem to be supernatural to them, no different than a magician doing a trick which seems to defy the laws of gravity by a body flaoting in the air. Unless you knew the way the trick worked you thought it was real. Witches were people who were against God and tried to deter people away from God.

Location hidden

#3076 Feb 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
by Johnny McCulloch Since the time that man first started practicing witchcraft, it has been an abomination in the sight of God. The first mention in the Bible is in Exodus 22:18, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Again in Leviticus 19:31, "Regard not them that have familiar spirits" and in Leviticus 20:27, "A man also a woman that hath a familiar spirit or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death." Witchcraft includes the whole family of magic, fortune telling and predictions of the future. What is the importance of such a discusion today? Are we going back to Salem, Mass. and start again to drown all the witches? Why would God adopt such an attitude toward this class of people? Well perhaps the main reason would be because he. is God .and he can adopt any attitude he might choose. But God's edicts always have a practical reason. To those who have made a deep study of witches, familiar spirits and demons there is no doubt that such are the works of the devil. The devil is Prince of the world and as such has certairi powers granted to him by God, the ruler of the universe. Read again the remarkable story of the "Witch of Endor" in 1 Samuel 28:2-25. The possession of certain people by demons is one such power granted Satan only during the time of Christ's humanity. There is no doubt there are many witches, fortune tellers and familiar spirits today who have powers granted them by Satan to read your mind, and tell you facts lost in your sub-conscious mind, but and it is a big BUT, they cannot tell the future. This is a priviledge God reserves for himself and he is very jealous when man tries to invade his territory. Read again Isaiah 41:21. Equally as strong a reason for God's hatred of witchcraft is that in his infinite wisdom, he knew that it could and would become a form of idolatry. How well his concerns have materialized will be discussed in a subsequent article, "Astrology a Type of Fortune Telling."
in the know

United States

#3079 Feb 21, 2013
It also says to stone your children if they wander from the faith(Leviticus). I think I'm just gonna have to take little johnny and Sara out back and bash them to death in the name of love. It also says that God ordered children to be killed and innocent women to be raped(judges). Sounds to me like God is a clear advocate of killing you for mistakes at first but then decided to get over it and be nicer now. There are hundreds of religions. How can you say its rational to burn people in a lake of fire just because they dont fully follow a certain way or maybe they are ignorant. How can you say that. The bible was established to help people form a civilization. Every group of people on the earth that have been isolated have different beliefs. The Aztecs, Mayans, Chinese,etc.
in the know

United States

#3080 Feb 21, 2013
You cannot lay hands on people and heal them.....
You cannot heal people...
If you can...
Prove it..
in the know

United States

#3081 Feb 21, 2013
Show up at your local hospital and work miracles starting tomorrow. Please and thank you..
in the know

United States

#3082 Feb 21, 2013
PROVE IT like they did on the mountain with the false gods and god sent down fire........

Story sounds compelling but until you actually convince God to send some fire down once again....please forgive me for saying you sir serve a false God with no power. You deceive yourself.
in the know

United States

#3083 Feb 21, 2013
I wanna see proof!!!!!! Am i supposed to lie and say i believe it when i really dont. Does God want me to lie?
in the know

United States

#3084 Feb 21, 2013
Do it!!!!!!! Someone please acctually be a Christian for once! Not the model set and accepted by society....but acctually a real Christian.

Location hidden

#3085 Feb 21, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 45:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Who CREATES EVIL? Your Bible says your GOD CREATES EVIL. Is your Bible in error?
No, but as usual you are. Sometimes I'll think you have a little sense about you, then kapow, out from no where you throw a stupid at me. You take a verse and think it means something because you are to lazy to find out what's really being said in this verse. Try studying and learn what the verse is really saying next time. Commentary on Isaiah 45:5-10

(Read Isaiah 45:5-10)

There is no God beside Jehovah. There is nothing done without him. He makes peace, put here for all good; and creates evil, not the evil of sin, but the evil of "PUNISHMENT". He is the Author of all that is true, holy, good, or happy; and evil, error, and misery, came into the world by his permission, through the wilful apostacy of his creatures, but are restrained and overruled to his righteous purpose. This doctrine is applied, for the comfort of those that earnestly longed, yet quietly waited, for the redemption of Israel. The redemption of sinners by the Son of God, and the pouring out the Spirit, to give success to the gospel, are chiefly here intended. We must not expect salvation without righteousness; together the Lord hath created them. Let not oppressors oppose God's designs for his people. Let not the poor oppressed murmur, as if God dealt unkindly with them. Men are but earthen pots; they are broken potsherds, and are very much made so by mutual contentions. To contend with Him is as senseless as for clay to find fault with the potter. Let us turn God's promises into prayers, beseeching him that salvation may abound among us, and let us rest assured that the Judge of all the earth will do right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True Tongue or Loose Lips 35 min Dr Phil 1
drag show at miss ollies!!! 50 min Truth 19
West side cleaners huh 58 min curious 6
what does DTF mean? 59 min Bowling Ball Head 10
Happy Friday folks! 1 hr ummmm 19
300,000 dollars for school consultants. 1 hr Consultant 49
NAME the worst ghetto apartments in Jackson (Sep '10) 1 hr Gladys Henderson 44
Dr Jeff young 1 hr Gladys Henderson 355
Charlie Bulldogs Closing 1 hr Gladys Henderson 45
How do you meet or date at 40? 5 hr _Juneau_ 55
Englewood (Jun '13) 13 hr Vision 20 20 Details 1,985
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?