The Church of Christ is the only church where you can be saved.

Posted in the Jackson Forum

Comments (Page 123)

Showing posts 2,441 - 2,460 of4,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mad Christian

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I'm a Christian and even I think that Christians are jerks usually. Most don't live full lives. They all worry about pleasing jesus, and just forgot about everything important in their life.Atheism is growing and I totally understand why. I've been thinking about converting.
Auntie Theist

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mad Christian wrote:
I'm a Christian and even I think that Christians are jerks usually. Most don't live full lives. They all worry about pleasing jesus, and just forgot about everything important in their life.Atheism is growing and I totally understand why. I've been thinking about converting.
Join us and experience the freedom and self reliance.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Join us and experience the freedom and self reliance.
The fredom of what? Christians are as free as it gets, we have life in the fullest way and life forever, THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS

Someone one day found the comedian W.C. Feild's reading the Bible and asked what he was doing. His reply was "just looking for loopholes, just looking for loopholes." There are a lot of people who read with the same intention of disregarding any evidence. After all we are so much more advance than they were 1,950 years ago when this ancient book was written.

There are only three options to explain our existence, one is to believe in God, another is agnosticism which states their may be a God but I haven't found proof. The last is atheism where one will state they know God does not exist. This is not just a non- belief in God but a willful denial of his existence. Agnosticism is where one admits that they do not know if God exists, not having the proof or that there is a personal God who has always existed.

No one is born an atheist, they learn NOT to believe, just as one learns to believe. People choose to become atheists as much as they choose to become Christians, unfortunately they usually disbelieve by default. Hopefully one become s Christian because of evidence.

Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.

God is aware of the atheist while the atheist is not aware of God. In response he says Psalm 14:1-2 The fool has said in his heart,“There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.”

No matter how strenuously some may try to deny it, atheism is a belief system. It requires just as much faith (believing) to embrace that God does not exist, even more belief than a Christian would need to believe he does exist. Atheism has made a secular belief system (religion/philosophy) of having no God and their focus is usually nature. God's creation has replaced the one who made it. An atheist must assume that personal unique intricate living organisms arose from impersonal disorderly chaos. Something had to come from nothing. They have no explanation for a beginning of when or why. There is no purpose in what we see and call creation. Atheism assumes that the potential gives rise to the actual. Reality shows that something actualized the potential itself. All Potentials have an actualizer. Scrap iron from a junk yard does not form itself into an airplane or a building without some thing that is able to put it to order. All designs have a designer, and the universe has proven to be incredibly designed. Even the minutest organism is more complex than the space shuttle.
EvolutionMan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The fredom of what? Christians are as free as it gets, we have life in the fullest way and life forever, THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS
Someone one day found the comedian W.C. Feild's reading the Bible and asked what he was doing. His reply was "just looking for loopholes, just looking for loopholes." There are a lot of people who read with the same intention of disregarding any evidence. After all we are so much more advance than they were 1,950 years ago when this ancient book was written.
There are only three options to explain our existence, one is to believe in God, another is agnosticism which states their may be a God but I haven't found proof. The last is atheism where one will state they know God does not exist. This is not just a non- belief in God but a willful denial of his existence. Agnosticism is where one admits that they do not know if God exists, not having the proof or that there is a personal God who has always existed.
No one is born an atheist, they learn NOT to believe, just as one learns to believe. People choose to become atheists as much as they choose to become Christians, unfortunately they usually disbelieve by default. Hopefully one become s Christian because of evidence.
Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.
God is aware of the atheist while the atheist is not aware of God. In response he says Psalm 14:1-2 The fool has said in his heart,“There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.”
No matter how strenuously some may try to deny it, atheism is a belief system. It requires just as much faith (believing) to embrace that God does not exist, even more belief than a Christian would need to believe he does exist. Atheism has made a secular belief system (religion/philosophy) of having no God and their focus is usually nature. God's creation has replaced the one who made it. An atheist must assume that personal unique intricate living organisms arose from impersonal disorderly chaos. Something had to come from nothing. They have no explanation for a beginning of when or why. There is no purpose in what we see and call creation. Atheism assumes that the potential gives rise to the actual. Reality shows that something actualized the potential itself. All Potentials have an actualizer. Scrap iron from a junk yard does not form itself into an airplane or a building without some thing that is able to put it to order. All designs have a designer, and the universe has proven to be incredibly designed. Even the minutest organism is more complex than the space shuttle.
Well if you want to get technical, then that would put me as agnostic. But I surely don't believe it would be a god of the bible.

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mad Christian wrote:
You don't have to "convert" brother. You just have to find happiness and love in yourself rather than in a falsified higher power.
Mr.Blackstone

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

<quoted text>The fredom of what? Christians are as free as it gets, we have life in the fullest way and life forever, THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS

The bottom portion of your post is known as the "argument from design" aka teleological argument.
The Teleological Argument or Argument from Final Consequences relies on a reversal of cause and effect.
Form
Person A makes a claim that order in the universe appears to exceed the capabilities of humans.
Person A asserts that order implies design.
Person A claims that design requires a designer.
Person A concludes that the universe requires a designer.
Explanation
The teleological argument is an old apologetic argument and is considered weak, even in its modern incarnations. It is true that everything of human creation has a designer and appears ordered; but it cannot be concluded that the appearance of order necessarily proves the existence of a designer. For example, the argument ignores the possibility of self-organizing systems.
Auntie Theist

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

<quoted text> The fredom of what? Christians are as free as it gets, we have life in the fullest way and life forever, THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS
Freedom from the fear of hell. Freedom from the fear of someone watching you all the time. Freedom of self reliance that you cannot understand using the crutch of a god. Freedom from the need to work for some imaginary life after death.
For the umpteenth time atheism is not a belief system - it is a lack of belief. You cannot teach a lack of belief. All babies are born with no belief. They only get beliefs when they are taught. Before a child is taught to believe, what does it believe? The clear answer is nothing - that is atheism. What do babies believe before they can talk - nothing - they are atheists. You are presumably an aleprechaun. No one has taught you to believe in leprechauns so the belief doesn't exist in you. That is exactly the same as atheism. No one has taught us that there is a god so we have no belief in one. It is not a conscious choice to make. It is simply the default state.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

church of Christ Minister wrote:
My friend, PLEASE understand the harm you are doing the cause of Christ.
<quoted text>
Since you say you're a preacher please tell us where you preach and your name, as any preacher would be more than willing to tell people that. I have a question which I would like for you to answer and that is do you believe churches like the catholic and pentecostals and all the other churches are worshipping according to the word of God and do you feel that musical instruments are acceptable to be added to worship. Again why would you be interested in my W-9. So stop ignoring this question if you're truly a preacher as if you don't answer it it just shows what a fraud you are.
Working for the Lord

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

@Working for The Lord

f you you are a piece of shat
Auntie Theist

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

<quoted text> Since you say you're a preacher please tell us where you preach and your name, as any preacher would be more than willing to tell people that. I have a question which I would like for you to answer and that is do you believe churches like the catholic and pentecostals and all the other churches are worshipping according to the word of God and do you feel that musical instruments are acceptable to be added to worship. Again why would you be interested in my W-9. So stop ignoring this question if you're truly a preacher as if you don't answer it it just shows what a fraud you are.
A bunch of trivia. Abandon your indoctrination and revert to being an atheist as you were born.
Cyclist

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

<quoted text> Since you say you're a preacher please tell us where you preach and your name, as any preacher would be more than willing to tell people that. I have a question which I would like for you to answer and that is do you believe churches like the catholic and pentecostals and all the other churches are worshipping according to the word of God and do you feel that musical instruments are acceptable to be added to worship. Again why would you be interested in my W-9. So stop ignoring this question if you're truly a preacher as if you don't answer it it just shows what a fraud you are.
You're the fraud you sack of trash.
Quick Laugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Here's an impressive video:

God Is No Father by Number0neSon

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
auxlax

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Get over it it cant save you
Auntie Theist

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

It seems that "Working" has abandoned his flock. He is no longer a fisher of men. The sheeple are free!
Free at last - enjoy it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The New Testament came into being gradually also, although the books themselves were written in a comparatively short period of time[ A.D. 50-100 ] These books were simply letters penned by inspired men and addresed to different churches and individuals. There are many ways to make sure what you're reading today is accurate by using the manuscripts that we have and Textual or lower Criticism, eyewitnesses and other tools we have. This alone should give peace of mind that what you're reading is from God. Copies of the New Testament alone range in the thousands,approximately 5,000, not to say all are in a complete form. Most of the manuscripts do not contain the entire New Testament for the simple reason that a hand- produced copy of the whole was to bulky for practical use. When one of the writers in the New Testament completed his writng it was sent on to the churches to be read to the congregation and past on to others to make sure all had the chance to read the letter.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The New Testament came into being gradually also, although the books themselves were written in a comparatively short period of time[ A.D. 50-100 ] These books were simply letters penned by inspired men and addresed to different churches and individuals. There are many ways to make sure what you're reading today is accurate by using the manuscripts that we have and Textual or lower Criticism, eyewitnesses and other tools we have. This alone should give peace of mind that what you're reading is from God. Copies of the New Testament alone range in the thousands,approximately 5,000, not to say all are in a complete form. Most of the manuscripts do not contain the entire New Testament for the simple reason that a hand- produced copy of the whole was to bulky for practical use. When one of the writers in the New Testament completed his writng it was sent on to the churches to be read to the congregation and past on to others to make sure all had the chance to read the letter.
Congrats you've managed to have someone start a thread about you! Oh well I guess it was only a matter of time when you make enough waves with the crazy topix people as I have before.
Cigarette Steve

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

lol you're wasting your time and breath you piece of shittttt

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Cigarette Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
lol you're wasting your time and breath you piece of shittttt
On you it's possible. Why don't you go to the nearest Church of Christ and learn about the love God has for you and a life he wishes for you now and for eternity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Anglican clergyman, Dr Daniel Featly,(who was one of the translators of the King James@Bible) wrote in 1645 of the Churches of Christ meeting in London and elsewhere in his work the 'Dippers Dipt', took those congregations back to 1525 when he quotes from them "That baptism ought to be received by none, but such as can give a good account of their faith; and in case any have been baptized in their infancy, that they ought to he re-baptized after they come to years of discretion, before they are to be admitted to the Church of Christ." These churches in the 1600s were in communication with other churches of Christ in America, nearly two hundred years before Campbell!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,441 - 2,460 of4,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min Vet 138,623
Proof of God 7 min Auntie Theist 45
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 10 min Why 8,869
Northside tobacco store 44 min guest 3
Thursday night at Cody's 53 min guest 2
Tommy Sowell 1 hr Lol 1
who is candace skelton? (Jul '12) 1 hr Ummm 51
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••