The Church of Christ is the only chur...
Mr.Blackstone

Chatsworth, GA

#2700 Feb 12, 2013
Working for The Lord, have you ever heard of the 16 year old kid that died in horrible pain from an appendix burst because his parents refused to take him to a hospital and tried to pray away the burst appendix? His parents plead guilty to negligible homicide.

I find this saddening. The boy would have lived if he had been taken to a hospital but no they let their son die thinking that they could just pray it away. This is what religion does , it brainwashes you to believe in anything.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#2702 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Darwin Day!

If Charles Darwin were alive today, hed be celebrating his 204th birthday.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#2703 Feb 12, 2013
Committed to HIM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1-1,2,3.
By faith I believe this from God's word. There's no way to prove it, but I as well as you were given a measure of faith by the Creator. What we choose to do with this faith is our choice. I choose to believe in The Lord Jesus Christ and pray as a believer that someday you will accept Him.
Neither of us was given any faith. Faith is something you choose. It is belief without evidence. Why don't you choose faith in fairies? There is exactly the same lack of evidence for their existence. You choose your faith partly because you were probably indoctrinated with it as a child, and partly because it gives you a comfort to hope for. I'm afraid that is not enough. Wishful thinking doesn't work. I'll bet you are afraid to walk on cracks.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#2704 Feb 12, 2013
Where is "working for a Lord?" Since I asked him if he believes in witches and how many dinosaur species there were, he's noticeably absent from his thread. I have also asked him to comment on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow...

Since: Feb 13

United States

#2705 Feb 12, 2013
I hear the c o c what's to sacrifice your children to the devil
Mr.Blackstone

Chatsworth, GA

#2706 Feb 12, 2013
In honor of Darwin day I present the top 10 myths of evolution.

http://www.atheismresource.com/2011/top-10-my...
lowboy

Pollock, LA

#2707 Feb 12, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
Where is "working for a Lord?" Since I asked him if he believes in witches and how many dinosaur species there were, he's noticeably absent from his thread. I have also asked him to comment on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow...
he has tired of trying to save your soul and i cant blame him.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#2708 Feb 12, 2013
Celebrating Darwin: Religion And Science Are Closer Than You Think

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-tegmark/rel...

"So why is this small fundamentalist minority so influential? How can some politicians and school-board members get reelected even after claiming that our 14 billion-year-old universe might be only about 6,000 years old? That's like claiming that 90-year-old aunt is only 20 minutes old. It's tantamount to claiming that if you watch this video of a supernova explosion in the Centaurus A Galaxy about 10 million light-years away, you're seeing something that never happened, because light from the explosion needs 10 million years to reach Earth. Why isn't making such claims political suicide?

Part of the explanation may be a striking gap between Americans' personal beliefs and the official views of the faiths to which they belong. Whereas only 11 percent belong to religions openly rejecting evolution, Gallup reports that 46 percent believe that God created humans in their present form less than 10,000 years ago. Why is this "belief gap'' so large? Interestingly, this isn't the only belief gap surrounding a science-religion controversy: whereas 0 percent of Americans belong to religions arguing that the Sun revolves around Earth, Gallup reports that as many as 18 percent nonetheless believe in this theory that used to be popular during the Middle Ages. This suggests that the belief gaps may have less to do with intellectual disputes and more to do with an epic failure of science education."
I was blind but now I see

Paris, TN

#2709 Feb 12, 2013
Did you know that the Church of Christ believes that God does not hear an alien sinner's prayer. Therefore a devout baptist or any other group is wasting their time with prayer. God only hears a CoC's prayer. This is a little known belief among hard core Church of Christ members. I personally think it is arrogant. Whom am I to say who God hears.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2710 Feb 12, 2013
I was blind but now I see wrote:
Did you know that the Church of Christ believes that God does not hear an alien sinner's prayer. Therefore a devout baptist or any other group is wasting their time with prayer. God only hears a CoC's prayer. This is a little known belief among hard core Church of Christ members. I personally think it is arrogant. Whom am I to say who God hears.
If you were a Christian you could say who God hears when they pray because you would've read the bible and knew what God has to say on this. Tell me what does God say on who he hears when they pray, please tell me what God has to say, not what you think he says, book, chapter and verse please.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2711 Feb 13, 2013
Atheist Chris Dorner who like all atheists believe in their ability to have such skills like critical thinking, should have applied it and he wouldn't have been in the situation he ended up in. Atheist have attitudes that cause them more harm than good. It's ashame he didn't think about using the information about his problems with the LAPD in a constructive and positive way to inform the people of what was going on with the proof he had, he could've even written a best seller, but he didn't. He mentioned the bible as a fairy tale book, bet now he doesn't think that.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#2712 Feb 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Atheist Chris Dorner who like all atheists believe in their ability to have such skills like critical thinking, should have applied it and he wouldn't have been in the situation he ended up in. Atheist have attitudes that cause them more harm than good. It's ashame he didn't think about using the information about his problems with the LAPD in a constructive and positive way to inform the people of what was going on with the proof he had, he could've even written a best seller, but he didn't. He mentioned the bible as a fairy tale book, bet now he doesn't think that.
Minister Isaac H. Brooks Jr., who like all theists believe in their sky daddy to have such skills like honesty, should have applied it and he wouldn't have been in the situation he ended up in. Theist have attitudes that cause them more harm than good. It's ashame he didn't think about using the information about his problems with the (TOTS) in a constructive and positive way instead of stealing their money, but he didn't. He mentioned the bible, but ignored some of the favorite ten commandments

Jackson businessman sentenced for $3.6M tax evasion

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130213/NE...
lowboy

Pollock, LA

#2713 Feb 13, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Minister Isaac H. Brooks Jr., who like all theists believe in their sky daddy to have such skills like honesty, should have applied it and he wouldn't have been in the situation he ended up in. Theist have attitudes that cause them more harm than good. It's ashame he didn't think about using the information about his problems with the (TOTS) in a constructive and positive way instead of stealing their money, but he didn't. He mentioned the bible, but ignored some of the favorite ten commandments
Jackson businessman sentenced for $3.6M tax evasion
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130213/NE...
And what is the point you are trying to make other than taking up space. had this dude been antheist you and the ultra liberal jackson sun would be silent.

Atheists steal just like failed christians. he now has plenty of time to redeem himself unlike the jerk in LA whose ass got roasted real good by law enfrocement.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#2714 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the info - of course, I'd like a source for your claim.
I'm still waiting for info on the number of dinosaur species, whether you believe in witches and your comments on the BBC article about the exact extinction date of dinosaurs.
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#2715 Feb 13, 2013
I can assure you, I'm nothing like that man. Do you believe there are mote atheists ot Christians in prison right now?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#2716 Feb 13, 2013
lowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the point you are trying to make other than taking up space. had this dude been antheist you and the ultra liberal jackson sun would be silent.
Atheists steal just like failed christians. he now has plenty of time to redeem himself unlike the jerk in LA whose ass got roasted real good by law enfrocement.
My point is that one can find someone who has done wrong. In neither case posted here was any of the wrong-doing done in the name of beleif or non-belief. But some people like Working.... want to insinuate otherwise.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#2717 Feb 13, 2013
I don't normally copy and paste but it saves time here.

It's suprising how many people say to me, "You're an Atheist? You must
have no conscience about commiting crime then." Nothing could be further
from the truth. In fact, if we examine the population of our prisons, we
see a very different picture:

In "The New Criminology", Max D. Schlapp and Edward E. Smith say that two
generations of statisticians found that the ratio of convicts without
religious training is about 1/10 of 1%. W. T. Root, professor of
psychology at the Univ. of Pittsburgh, examined 1,916 prisoners and said
"Indifference to religion, due to thought, strengthens character," adding
that Unitarians, Agnostics, Atheists and Free-Thinkers are absent from
penitentiariers or nearly so.

http://current.com/community/92831935_atheist...
Cigarette Steve

Jackson, TN

#2718 Feb 13, 2013
Good place to smoke
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

#2719 Feb 13, 2013
Hey Working, could you take 7 mins and watch this video, and tell me what you think about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mad Christian

Jackson, TN

#2720 Feb 13, 2013
I'm a Christian and even I think that Christians are jerks usually. Most don't live full lives. They all worry about pleasing jesus, and just forgot about everything important in their life.Atheism is growing and I totally understand why. I've been thinking about converting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mallory cook 2 min Bbc2 3
wbbj??? (Jan '11) 4 min Bbc2 82
Is there any older women that will take my virg... 26 min techman nerd 19
Jackson Swingers 41 min techman nerd 9
Is Tom Meiners still at WBBJ 7 4 hr Observer 3
Policing For Profit 6 hr Rastus 3
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 7 hr Alyssa76 1,586

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance