Montessori school in Bemis

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
school 101

Collierville, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2012
Does anyone know anything about the Montessori School in Bemis? How do you inroll? Is it a good school? etc.
Montessori

Jackson, TN

#2 Feb 27, 2012
You can't go wrong with Montessori, especially our nationally-recognized private Montessori center on Cooper Anderson Road. These are the only schools in this county where students are learning.
Full of crap

Jackson, TN

#3 Feb 27, 2012
Yeah right, you are so full of shit with that statement "These are the only schools in this county where students are learning."

College entrance exam scores prove the Montessori method is average at best......
Montessori wrote:
You can't go wrong with Montessori, especially our nationally-recognized private Montessori center on Cooper Anderson Road. These are the only schools in this county where students are learning.
No luck

Humboldt, TN

#4 Feb 27, 2012
Go to the school board main office on North Parkway and register for the lottery. The deadline is Feb. 29th. They will draw numbers at random sometime in March. You can either go to the drawing or find out the results online. Good luck. I've been trying to get my child in for several years now and have never even gotten close.
No luck

Humboldt, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2012
I have no idea why it says I'm in Dyer, lol. I'm in Jackson. Weird. :)
No luck

Humboldt, TN

#6 Feb 27, 2012
Also... I don't think parents should have to pay (private schools) or win a lottery for our children to get a good, safe education. I don't understand why we can't choose a school outside our zone IF WE CHOOSE to do so. It's not always feasible to just pick up and move...
Montessori

Jackson, TN

#7 Feb 27, 2012
Full of crap wrote:
Yeah right, you are so full of shit with that statement "These are the only schools in this county where students are learning."
College entrance exam scores prove the Montessori method is average at best......
<quoted text>
So you think that the students from Madison County schools and the private Christian (that is, White) "academies" are college prepared?

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Montessori Gets an F

United States

#8 Feb 27, 2012
You are an idiot and yes I will put any private school up against either Montessori school on college entrance exams.

The other poster is correct, I have done the research, Montessori schools only test slightly above average at best.

Montessori wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that the students from Madison County schools and the private Christian (that is, White) "academies" are college prepared?
You have no idea what you're talking about.
URstupid

Jackson, TN

#9 Feb 27, 2012
Now see, you've made yourself look stupid (big surprise from someone who uses the expression "full of shit" when discussing education). Few Montessori programs go into the high school years. So much for your "college entrance exams." Yeah, those fifth graders' college entrance exams aren't all that great.

Moron.

Jackson, TN

#10 Feb 28, 2012
So is the school any better or not? Does anyone have a child attending there? I mean the kids have to keep the grade levels up right?
Montessori is Average

Jackson, TN

#11 Feb 28, 2012
dumb ass did I say the MONTESSORI school went into high school grades locally.....NO!. Obvious reading comprehension is not taught where you went to school!!!!

I was comparing college entrance exams results from all kinds of backgrounds like public, private, christian, MONTESSORI, etc. and the FACTS do not show the MONTESSORI method is anything but average when comparing college entrance exams.

Locally, Medina and Issac Lane have the same or superior test results when compared to Bemis Montessori so you can take your superior (inccorect) notion and shove it because the FACTS do not lie.

URstupid wrote:
Now see, you've made yourself look stupid (big surprise from someone who uses the expression "full of shit" when discussing education). Few Montessori programs go into the high school years. So much for your "college entrance exams." Yeah, those fifth graders' college entrance exams aren't all that great.
Moron.
Montessori Mom

Jackson, TN

#12 Feb 28, 2012
It is a good school and one of the only public schools worth exploring in Jackson for K-8th. However, the method is not for all students and nor does it produce superior results as some falsely claim.
Guest wrote:
So is the school any better or not? Does anyone have a child attending there? I mean the kids have to keep the grade levels up right?
Mom

Jackson, TN

#13 Feb 29, 2012
I have two kids that go we love it . If you call they will be more then happy to give you a tour of the school ( and yes it is on of the top ranking school in Tn ) .
Mom

Jackson, TN

#14 Feb 29, 2012
Opps meant to say one not on :D
Highest of the Lowest

United States

#15 Feb 29, 2012
Just remember, those comparisons are for public schools with NCLB guidelines which are low to begin with but obvious to high for the vast majority of TN schools, thus why the state opted for a waiver.

Mom wrote:
I have two kids that go we love it . If you call they will be more then happy to give you a tour of the school ( and yes it is on ofthe top ranking school in Tn ).
Truth

Jackson, TN

#16 Feb 29, 2012
Maybe it's not about "test scores." Montessori folks believe in education, not test scores.
Hiuh

United States

#17 Feb 29, 2012
How do you measure progression and mastery of knowledge/skills in the Montessori program if not through some measurement (test scores)?
Truth wrote:
Maybe it's not about "test sow cores." Montessori folks believe in education, not test scores.
school 101

Collierville, TN

#18 Mar 1, 2012
I think you can measure progression without testing. If you have an open communication and understanding with the child, you will know what they are getting out of their education process.A child is an individual and will learn in their own way.
Truth

Jackson, TN

#19 Mar 1, 2012
Hiuh wrote:
How do you measure progression and mastery of knowledge/skills in the Montessori program if not through some measurement (test scores)?
<quoted text>
Surely you don't think that's the only way to assess student learning.
Be Very Concerned

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2012
Ok, I will take the bait. Please enlighten us all on how they ascertain if a student has mastered the addition or subtraction facts?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you don't think that's the only way to assess student learning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god and Jesus are different! !! 2 min humbled 36
Mayor debate on WBBJ 14 min Common Sense 84
evolution is mathematically impossible 25 min gone tomorrow 10
Trinity Christian Academy 32 min Truth 11
carnival at mall 35 min Truth 2
Jim Campbell opinion in the Sun 38 min Truth 2
Vote Finney 1 hr Walter Cronkite 67
Englewood Baptist Church 1 hr proudly fictional 208
Bill Way/JMCSS Interview Tuesday 2 hr jussayin 19
Doctors and Buisness Owners and Young Women on ... (Sep '13) 5 hr verizon 40