First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Time is Here

Durham, NC

#1 Jan 1, 2014
Today you can buy POT LEGAL in Colorado and Washington must be 21
not just for medical purpose. Recreational Use is here

http://news.yahoo.com/legal-recreational-pot-...

Its time for Tennessee to follow. Millions in TAXES spearheaded for Schools.
Lets cut out the Crime, Dope Dealers.
I'm 60 years old and ready to buy a ounce of weed to smoke in my home.
Its gonna happen I just hope I'm still ALIVE to do it
First Baptist

Jackson, TN

#2 Jan 1, 2014
Never going to happen here. Bible Belt.
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#3 Jan 1, 2014
In case you haven't noticed, we don't live in the most progressive state, it won't happen soon. But to hell with our simple desire to get stoned just because it is our god-given right, cancer patients are being denied medicine that not only eases chemos side effects, but agressively attacks tumors. Epileptic children for whom cannabis is the ONLY treatment that works. This is the real injustice. Us grown ass people who just want to relax and have a laugh need to put our selfish indulgences aside in order to push for medical cannabis in our state.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 Jan 1, 2014
It will be a bitter battle because the state and law enforcement currently profits from the drug trade status quo. Colorado is a step in the right direction. Medical status is too restrictive in most states and people should have the right to grow their own just as they would any garden vegetable. The drug war has not only been a giant expensive failure but also an attack on our constitutional rights.
Tennessee will eventually become a highly restrictive medical state, but I think it will be one of the last to completely give up the cash cow it has ultimately become.
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#5 Jan 1, 2014
See for yourself wrote:
It will be a bitter battle because the state and law enforcement currently profits from the drug trade status quo. Colorado is a step in the right direction. Medical status is too restrictive in most states and people should have the right to grow their own just as they would any garden vegetable. The drug war has not only been a giant expensive failure but also an attack on our constitutional rights.
Tennessee will eventually become a highly restrictive medical state, but I think it will be one of the last to completely give up the cash cow it has ultimately become.
Tennessee is estimated to lose 8% of it's population to immigration to legal states. Do you think this is going to be a unproductive percentage of our population? No. It will be some our best, brightest, and hard working citizens. West Tennessee with continue its downward spiral into the metro Memphis crack zone. I, for one, will be part of this exodus.

Jackson, TN

#6 Jan 1, 2014
Tennessee is the second largest cannabis growing state, behind California. Consistently our state has produced about $4,000,000,000 worth of bud a year. I bet these numbers go WAY down in 2014.
Four billion dollars. 4 thousand million. How many ways can I say it? Do our officials not think these profits were put back into the local economy?
These dollars will be spent in Colorado and Washington state this year.
It will not take long for legislaters to pick profit over public opinion.
another gues

Durham, NC

#7 Jan 2, 2014
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#8 Jan 2, 2014
Invest in these:
Son-agro, makes grow lamps.
Hydroponics hardware and suppiles.
Land in rural Colorado and Washington state.
Geologists who know where to find required mineral deposits.
Fast food and edibles in Denver. Don't be to proud to deliver for $25/hr.
Blown glassware.
Butane.
Of course you know, in 6 to 8 months, cannabis will be much cheaper than todays already cheap $200 an oz in Denver. Every adult can cultivate 3 flowering and 3 mother plants. That is enough for the heaviest smoker. It will be given away and traded. The profit for street sales is gone in Denver. That shady dude just got deleted from everyones phone.
And if we were told right, all the terrorist groups funding their operations with drug money just went bankrupt.
Nemo

Trezevant, TN

#9 Jan 3, 2014
Gallup has been polling on the subject of Marijuana legalization since 1970. Fast-foward to 2013 to the latest Gallup poll. This poll shows a record 58% in favor of legalization for (get this) "Recreational" use. This poll, also, shows major shifts in all demographic and age groups.

Sounds like the tide is shifting.
Nemo

Trezevant, TN

#10 Jan 3, 2014
Sorry for the double post. Been having trouble with my wonderful Charter connection.
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#11 Jan 3, 2014
Different polls give varying results, but I have not seen a single poll by anyone recently showing a majority of respondants against legalization. The tide is shifting, for sure.
My earlier post was supposed to say a point 8 percent loss, not 8 percent. That pesky decimal.
Nemo

Trezevant, TN

#12 Jan 3, 2014
It's the lates Gallup poll released in late November 2013. It's on their website

I don't think that the problem is canibis itself, but rather the Height/Ashbury Counter-culture stigma attatched to it. In other words, it has more to do with the P.R. since "Refer Madness" first premiered in theatres nation wide. Couple all that LSD nuttiness and Charles Manson and you have a major PR problem to overcome.

If NORML, LEAP and MPP would have rally participants dress and behave professionally, then the movement might start getting some legs.

No matter what poll you look at, when compared to where the polls were two decades ago, then the idea has gained a lot of ground.

Speaking of ground, NORML is reporting that politicians at both state and national levels have been increasingly in consultation with NORML. Where as just eight years ago, no politician wouldn't be caught near the NORML lobby.
Vance

Trezevant, TN

#13 Jan 4, 2014
I'll second that.
Anonymous

Oakland, TN

#14 Jan 4, 2014
Time is Here wrote:
Today you can buy POT LEGAL in Colorado and Washington must be 21
not just for medical purpose. Recreational Use is here
http://news.yahoo.com/legal-recreational-pot-...
Its time for Tennessee to follow. Millions in TAXES spearheaded for Schools.
Lets cut out the Crime, Dope Dealers.
I'm 60 years old and ready to buy a ounce of weed to smoke in my home.
Its gonna happen I just hope I'm still ALIVE to do it
just remember one thing sir. under federal law it is still an illegal drug. that means even in colorodo any federal law enforcement officer can arrest you.

i simply do not undertand you people that cant get intoxicated with just being alive. any thing that alters your mental state will destroy you.
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#15 Jan 4, 2014
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
just remember one thing sir. under federal law it is still an illegal drug. that means even in colorodo any federal law enforcement officer can arrest you.
i simply do not undertand you people that cant get intoxicated with just being alive. any thing that alters your mental state will destroy you.
While illegal, the attn general issued a statement last year to the effect of, as long as these 8 guidelines are followed, we will not interfere. Allso, legislation is going before the house to repeal all restrictions.
It is only a matter of time.
Thor

Trezevant, TN

#16 Jan 4, 2014
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what amazes me about these "Limited Government" moral conservatives. They want the government out of their lives. However when it comes to true freedom and the people deciding what kind of government they shall be governed by, they gag consistently on this one gnat. A gnat that has cost over 14 trillion dollars and has led to absolute failure.

Imagine what we could do with 14 trillion dollars: like cut the national debt by 60%.
Welcome

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jan 4, 2014
http://youtube.com/watch... Legal Pot Final Front Tears
Rockhound

Jackson, TN

#18 Jan 4, 2014
There is a form of epilepsy called Dravets syndrome. Children aflicted have had no drug that has been effective. Except for cannabis. These children were former vegetables, in a continuous state of seizure. These children are beginning to lead normal lives, reason enough to end this madness.
On a more relevant note for most of you, it also cures cancer. Seriously. Not 100%, but what does. And it makes dying less painful for those who are terminal.
I'm just getting started.
Ha Ha

Jackson, TN

#20 Jan 5, 2014
Did not ever think I would see it legal in any state but hope to live long enough to see it legal in TN.
lindsey

United States

#21 Jan 6, 2014
Rockhound wrote:
There is a form of epilepsy called Dravets syndrome. Children aflicted have had no drug that has been effective. Except for cannabis. These children were former vegetables, in a continuous state of seizure. These children are beginning to lead normal lives, reason enough to end this madness.
On a more relevant note for most of you, it also cures cancer. Seriously. Not 100%, but what does. And it makes dying less painful for those who are terminal.
I'm just getting started.
I agree with you. I have even read that Diabetics get relief from nerve damage pain by smoking it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jea 17 min Debbie 6
Shawn cox Sumner 30 min Stlouis 13
Grey Ford Fusion 33 min Guest 12
anyone an atheist because of auntie? 33 min hottamalebunghole... 131
Englewood Baptist Church 59 min Member 277
superintendent office asking for public to help... 1 hr Tyrone 41
Those Who Claim The Confederate Flag Represen... 2 hr Yep 11
Grubbs Grocery 8 hr well 72
wreck in front of theater 14 hr Guest 101
More from around the web