Are There Any Actual Haunted Places Around Jackson?

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Curious

Jackson, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Just wanted to have a little fun ghost hunting.Are there any places I could check out?
Boo

Jackson, TN

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Well you could start with any City of Jackson Government office. There you will fond te ghosts of any chances the city ever had for effective city municipal government.

But on a less scary note; check the Pythian Building Downtown. Aside from it being haunted by D.N. English's crazy ass, you will find many incidents of spook happenings. If you can get permission to explore the building it would be worth your time. Many a janitor has left running after seeing some very strange things. There is a grate on the sidewalk adjacent to the building facing the court house near main street. You can peer into the basement. Worth your time.

I have a source that keeps up with local spookings. I will get you some more ideas.
spark

Jackson, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2010
I know that alot of things downtown are supposedly haunted, tons of old buildings and such. I believe there is also something to hartsbridge road bridge. It's a small bridge that used to be a very large one, if you go there at midnight and honk your horn three times and flash your lights, your supposed to maybe see someone or strange things happen. I don't believe that honestly, lol, but a girl did die there and was decapitated, and there is something haunted about that entire street, and i'm going by witnesses of people that i know that used to live there. I think there is something to the bridge.
Curious

Jackson, TN

#4 Sep 21, 2010
What about Bascom Road? I heard it's a real creep fest!
spark

Jackson, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2010
I've never even actually heard of it!! WHat have you heard about it?
Curious

Jackson, TN

#6 Sep 23, 2010
Supposedly there is a haunted bridge and a haunted field just off it. I tried to find it once,but got lost!
been there seen that

Collierville, TN

#7 Sep 30, 2010
Ok. yes bascom road is haunted...not the bridge but there is a dog with red eyes if you stop at a certain spot in the rd at night and turn your lights off and get out. you have to walk away from the vehicle and the dog will chase you....seriously been there...seen it!! harts bridge rd is def haunted as well...and what ur suuposed to see is the headless girl who died there. the old bemis cotton gin is haunted. britton lane battlefield in denmark is VERY haunted....there is also a church thats very haunted but i cannot remember the name of it...its somewhere around springbrook subdivision. also, the top floor (thats now empty) of the girls dorm of lambuth university is haunted. if i think of more ill post them. there are also places in medina!
george

New Orleans, LA

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Hartsbridge Road I was there on the bridge in the mid sixties with a car load of people and everyone saw something that scared them really bad.I missed it because i was trying to get the car started and was in panic mode from all the screaming. go there
spark

Jackson, TN

#9 Oct 13, 2010
I have heard lots of hartsbridge road, but I went myself a few times and tried and saw nothing, but I"m still terrified to go there. haha Keep listing places. I need somewhere to go around halloween.:)
waiting on four- thirty

Jackson, TN

#10 Oct 13, 2010
don't know of any places in jackson, but just walking around in cemetaries always scared me half to death. there's an old one in henderson.. called "smith cemetary." its' located in the woods and you have to walk down a trail just to get to it. very scary!!!
WHOA NELLIE

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2010
Behind the Mercer Gin is a ghost of a little boy named Toby, You have to go out a field road and wait down in a hollow, blink your lights 3 times and then you'll see his lantern. It's a green glow. I've seen it myself!
lol

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2010
Yes there's lots of haunted places... but there's no dog on Bascom rd. That road is supposedly haunted by the ghosts of slaves that were hanged in the trees there. All the cemeteries have spirits but if you're looking for a scare just google haunted sites in madison county. Decent list.
ok be

Jackson, TN

#13 Oct 19, 2010
i live out south my house is haunted dont care if u belive or not iv had 5people at one time and check my house they where shoct be4 they left lol.i girl hung her self in the garge and she still there plus iv took pictures of old people that my dog was seeing ever night at 9,did not know y my dog was going crazy at 9 and looking at one spot so i took pictures and there was a old woman behind my chair and i took picture of a angel in the corner of the room theres alot more things happen and still iv seen black shodows and other people have to.one room not that nice she dont like no one in there,oh well its cool i thk,so far.i chould tell alot more or even show if u dont belaive....
Family Gal

Jackson, TN

#14 May 14, 2011
I live in South Jackson. The harts bridge story has been around for years. It has changed alot over the years though. It is not true. Sorry. I believe in hauntings but not that one. Been there, done that alot of times as a teen. I am 57 now.
been there

Jackson, TN

#15 May 14, 2011
Bedford white road...old house down the trail by the water tower....go upstairs....
wig

United States

#16 May 15, 2011
the doll house in medina or red heart
user

United States

#17 May 16, 2011
Doll house isnt haunted nor is red hurt rd harts bridge! Basscum rd was pretty scary! But if u want haunted go to purdy it's haunted!!!!! No lie I've been serval times & all times scares shitless
Bobby Booboo

Jackson, TN

#18 May 16, 2011
The Neely House was rumored to be haunted, but turned out just to have really high EMF values due to electrical wiring issues.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19 May 16, 2011
The paranormal is bullshit. Don't get me wrong, huge ghostbusters fan, but there is no such thing as a ghost. I've gone to many a grave yard while working 3rd shift patrol to look around and take a piss. Just dead people and head stones. I would feel safer in a grave yard at night then I would in downtown Jackson.
yeahhhh

Decaturville, TN

#20 May 16, 2011
i've lived by bascom for 13 years. walked down the road, in the fields, and even down that huge ditch. i've never seen anything even remotely "haunted" there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadership Jackson (Exchange Club) Graduation 4 min speaksoftly 74
How to conceive a baby girl?! 18 min tricksy 14
Cambell Ruffin School System 49 min jimmy 3
What happened to regency retirement? 1 hr guest 16
auntie 1 hr here today loves ... 84
Private Schools? 1 hr Guest 14
boycott washtown 2 hr In town for Chris... 228
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
NBC Sports 6:14 PM
Titans take 7-0 lead over Jaguars - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:24 PM
Punts aplenty, Titans-Jaguars is coal in fans' stockings
Bleacher Report 6:47 PM
Shonn Greene, Bishop Sankey, Leon Washington's Post-Week 16 Fantasy Reaction