Service at post office on University ...

Service at post office on University Parkway

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mom

Tucker, GA

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Yesterday I went to the post office on University Parkway to mail something to my son in college. I stood in line 25 minutes and had to leave without getting waited on to pick up my daughter at school. I returned today at 4:55 after a doctor's appointment (reason I was so late getting there). I completed a mailing label and turned to approach the service desk to find they were lowering the metal pull down gate and I said "hey I need to mail something". The gate continued to close. I said it much louder and it was rather quiet in there at that time. Another lady who had already been waited on actually "knocked" on the gate and the door right next to it saying "I know y'all heard this lady". No one ever replied in any way. I absolutely burst out in tears. I'm not sure if I was frustrated in my attempts to mail the package, was humiliated and hurt by the huge slap in the face, or maybe both. I ended up taking my package to UPS and it'll be there tomorrow for HALF what it was going to cost at the post office. I just had to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening!!

Lexington, TN

#2 Feb 26, 2013
I always use the self serve machine to the left. Its super easy and you don't have to wait in line. I do find the post office cheaper than UPS but you never really know when or if it gets there.
Mom

Tucker, GA

#3 Feb 26, 2013
guest wrote:
I always use the self serve machine to the left. Its super easy and you don't have to wait in line. I do find the post office cheaper than UPS but you never really know when or if it gets there.
I'm not sure I could've used the self serve machine as I was sending it express mail. And UPS was half the price of postal service if I didn't say that correctly. UPS was $9.95 and post office is $19.95.
Anonymous

Savannah, TN

#4 Feb 27, 2013
You cannot ship anything overnight with UPS for $9.95! The P.O. is always cheaper. When its closing time, its closing time. No, the P.O. is not perfect; name a business that large that is.
Oh me

Jackson, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2013
I was there yesterday also and the service is terrible! They are so slow. I to had to leave and come back I was so mad I couldn't see straight! They really need to work on customer service and speed it up! Just about everytime I go in there it's the same way! So MOM your not alone feeling this way.
Me Too

Lexington, TN

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Every time I go to that Post Offce I have to Wait in line for at least ten minutes, the workers there have no sene of urgency, and they may not be Perfect, BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU DO NOT SHUT THE DOOR OR GATE ON A CUSTOMER !!!!
Well

Medon, TN

#7 Feb 27, 2013
The one on tucker strett is excellent......I try to. Avoid the other two at allllll costs...
Mom

Tucker, GA

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Quass wrote:
You cannot ship anything overnight with UPS for $9.95! The P.O. is always cheaper. When its closing time, its closing time. No, the P.O. is not perfect; name a business that large that is.
You're right. UPS people said because of "where" my pkg was going, it would get there tomorrow with regular "ground" shipping. I forgot that. As far as the postal service, they were standing there looking at me shutting that thing in my face with me begging them not to close it. That's just not "ok".
Mom

Tucker, GA

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Oh me wrote:
I was there yesterday also and the service is terrible! They are so slow. I to had to leave and come back I was so mad I couldn't see straight! They really need to work on customer service and speed it up! Just about everytime I go in there it's the same way! So MOM your not alone feeling this way.
Thank you so much!! They absolutely don't care cause they know they don't have anything to worry about.
Mom

Tucker, GA

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Well wrote:
The one on tucker strett is excellent......I try to. Avoid the other two at allllll costs...
I actually tried that one first yesterday because it was so close to my dr's office but it was closed already. I've heard it's completely different.

Lexington, TN

#11 Feb 27, 2013
true, the self serve is great unless you have a package and then you still have to get in that dreaded line to hand it to them. I highly recommend Fedex, their ground and package service is awesome and less than USPS and free insurance for anything under $100.
guest wrote:
Jenn

Jackson, TN

#12 Feb 27, 2013
The customer service is aweful to say the least. I was there last week and the clerk was so rude to me that a man waiting in line spoke up and told her how rude she had been. I am happy to see I am not the only one that felt this way.
Jenn

Jackson, TN

#13 Feb 27, 2013
I just went to the USPS website and filled a complaint. They say they will contact me within 24 hours. I would hope many of you would do the same.
lala

Lexington, TN

#14 Feb 27, 2013
guest wrote:
true, the self serve is great unless you have a package and then you still have to get in that dreaded line to hand it to them. I highly recommend Fedex, their ground and package service is awesome and less than USPS and free insurance for anything under $100.<quoted text>
Not true. I mail tons of packages with the self serve, There is a huge rolly bin to the right that you place your package into.That is the only way I will buy or mail anything in that post office. It is run by the federal government, so what do you expect?
bankrupt

Jackson, TN

#15 Feb 27, 2013
There is a reason why the P.O. is bankrupt. They hire anyone and don't care if they like there job or want to work. It's ridiculous the way they don't care about providing good customer service. Just one more reason why people in the service industry should be paid on performance!
Oh me

Jackson, TN

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Another annoying fact about that post office there can be a line out the door and 2 clerks but if its break time u hear them say its my break I'll be back seen that on a few occasions just frustrating!! Our time is as precious as theirs not all of us gets their kinda pay they could at the least be considerate!!

Jackson, TN

#17 Feb 28, 2013
The problem is with management. If they weren't scared to do their job,it would be taken care of. They should find something else to do with the clerks that aren't "customer friendly". Also, realize this is a govt. organization and they don't use the same hiring/firing practices as private industry. They can't just hire the best qualified. They have to hire veterans and a certain number of minorities. Once an employee is hired, it's very difficult to get rid of them.

Lexington, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2013
correct. the managers really can't manage or address problems because there's really no recourse - there's almost no way to get rid of the bad apples that don't want to go. the rest just sue and get paid even more.
guest wrote:
The problem is with management. If they weren't scared to do their job,it would be taken care of. They should find something else to do with the clerks that aren't "customer friendly". Also, realize this is a govt. organization and they don't use the same hiring/firing practices as private industry. They can't just hire the best qualified. They have to hire veterans and a certain number of minorities. Once an employee is hired, it's very difficult to get rid of them.

Lexington, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2013
thanks, I didn't know about the bin. now i wish i had all the time back I spent standing in line waiting to give it to them - would've been nice if they'd been helpful enough to tell me about it.
lala wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I mail tons of packages with the self serve, There is a huge rolly bin to the right that you place your package into.That is the only way I will buy or mail anything in that post office. It is run by the federal government, so what do you expect?
They

Jackson, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2013
Seriously do need more people at that counter. Last time I went the line was almost out the door, with one person working. I don't think there was a single soul other than him working. His service was great though, tried to help me the best he could. I could tell he was obviously stressed out as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Getting my stuff back 31 min InTheKnow 43
Report Local Nurse to the Government 5 hr MyMustache 29
Misty R Maness 5 hr Guest 2
Heath Ransom- lawd have mercy 5 hr Williams 8
Does rock nurse know john briley? 6 hr Williams 9
Gorgeous inked blonde (Sep '15) 6 hr Brianna13 5
Nurse RockDoc's Opinion Of Jackson [Video in Di... 6 hr Slime Ball 69
ebc 7 hr meet the press 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance