slim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

4 of TCA's best seniors this past year went to USJ through the 7th grade. Would these guys have been the difference in beating Knox Webb the past two years? The year that JCS won state, the starting center (an outstanding player) for JCS also went to USJ through the 7th grade.

Just a fact that needs pointing out.

Is USJ going to move up to AA in division II or continue to play 5-6 schools each season that a most middle school teams could beat up on? Just wondering.
klinggon

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

yes, that schedule the past 2 years does leave a lot to be desired. There are maybe 4 good games, 5 at the most, and the rest, well, you're right, playing middle school teams would be just as challenging. Marley has always preferred schedules that allow him to build his won loss record. You see how fast he fled from the AAA scene. He couldn't handle playing good competition 7 out of 10 games instead of 3 to 4 out of 10 games. As bad as TCA will be this year, having graduated half their team, then this will be one of those 3 out of 10 teams that are competitive. Wow, what another yawner of a season.
jaxgal

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Wonder why they left USJ for TCA? Please don't tell me you are crying about losing some players 5 years ago?!?
TCA EX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

The school. U can't talk. Have a cell phone. The price is over the top it's all about the money. It used to be about Christ. Not now sure miss the good ole days.
herman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

From what I understand, most years usj loses alot of players to other schools either during the summer before 7th grade or the summer before the 8th grade. The way I understand it, this happens in much higher numbers than is experienced by TCA or JCS. Most of them leave for TCA but a few do go to JCS. I do not have any idea what could be the cause of this. Maybe some exit interviews would be helpful.
creep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Whatever, whatever, whatever. What I want to know is when is usj going to beef up their schedule alot. This running up their team and individual stats against the likes of rosemark academy is not worth the price of admission. I mean, Gleason, Middleton, or Halls can beat them several of the schools on the schedule for the past 2 years. Gleason could probably put the mercy rule on them. They should either move up to AA in division II or go back to AAA in DI. Or possibly cut the pay of the coach in half.

Since: Mar 11

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

the reason why most of the kids leave in 7th or 8th grade is because the are kids who are used to starting and then better players start over them. so then the leave and go to trinity or jcs where they get beaten by usj.

Since: Mar 11

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

slim wrote:
4 of TCA's best seniors this past year went to USJ through the 7th grade. Would these guys have been the difference in beating Knox Webb the past two years? The year that JCS won state, the starting center (an outstanding player) for JCS also went to USJ through the 7th grade.
Just a fact that needs pointing out.
Is USJ going to move up to AA in division II or continue to play 5-6 schools each season that a most middle school teams could beat up on? Just wondering.
no, with these player usj would still not have beaten know webb. Webb recruits players so that they will win unlike usj who doesnt recruit which gives webb an advantage.
TennVols11

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

creep wrote:
Whatever, whatever, whatever. What I want to know is when is usj going to beef up their schedule alot. This running up their team and individual stats against the likes of rosemark academy is not worth the price of admission. I mean, Gleason, Middleton, or Halls can beat them several of the schools on the schedule for the past 2 years. Gleason could probably put the mercy rule on them. They should either move up to AA in division II or go back to AAA in DI. Or possibly cut the pay of the coach in half.
I find this absolutely hilarious. USJ would absolutely destroy Gleason. It's easy to makes statements like that before the season starts.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Look, they played one decent team all year, ECS. They are 1-1 against decent teams. Everybody else on their schedule was a joke. This week they have a chance to go 2-1 or they might end up 1-2. We'll see come Friday.
myopinion

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

I could care less about any of it...but isn't a majority of all highschools schedules determined by their district/conference with only about 3 games to be made up of "other" schools...most of which are schools that are scheduled because of tradition/rivary or because of close in proximity and size.......just me thoughts.....I kno wUSJ played their conference games and JCS and Trinity----are they in the same conference? I know they are rivals.....if not, that is about 9 weeks there---so they have one week to schedule a "real" team? is that what you are talking about?

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

JCS and TCA were both very very poor teams this year. Fayette Academy was pitiful as well. It was a very weak year for DII A as are most years. Most the coaches in DII A couldn't give a flip about the won/loss record and do not have a clue on how to defend the pass. ECS and Webb are about the only two exceptions. USJ is something like 2-4 against those two schools over the past 3 years. It might be 2-5 after Friday. That is about what their average would be if Marley had not tucked tail and ran from DI AAA.
myopinion

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

oh, ok. So your problem is not that their schedule, but with the fact that they moved from DI AAA to whatever they are in now. What reasons were given for the move? Wasn't there a multiplier issues, where they were going to multiple the number of students in a private school by a certain number to determine what division they would be in as it relates to public schools......example = if TCA had 1000 students, instead of playing againt public schools with equal number of students, they would multiple the private schools enrollment by like 2.5 (or whatever) to get them to show 2500 students causing them to play against schools much larger than them. Is that your understanding?I may be totally wrong, but I thought I remembered hearing something like this.

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

myopinion wrote:
oh, ok. So your problem is not that their schedule, but with the fact that they moved from DI AAA to whatever they are in now. What reasons were given for the move? Wasn't there a multiplier issues, where they were going to multiple the number of students in a private school by a certain number to determine what division they would be in as it relates to public schools......example = if TCA had 1000 students, instead of playing againt public schools with equal number of students, they would multiple the private schools enrollment by like 2.5 (or whatever) to get them to show 2500 students causing them to play against schools much larger than them. Is that your understanding?I may be totally wrong, but I thought I remembered hearing something like this.
USJ has always found ways to get their better athletes free enrollment if their family needs it. There's about a million different ways to do that and it be pretty much impossible to prove. Therefore, the multiplier was correct, it levels the field. USJ should either move to DI AAA or go DII AA. Otherwise, they are just a bunch of pusses.
myopinion

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

TCA EX wrote:
The school. U can't talk. Have a cell phone. The price is over the top it's all about the money. It used to be about Christ. Not now sure miss the good ole days.
Which school are you talking about? TCA?
justmyopinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Wow. Just saw that usj whipped up on Webb. Must be doing something right.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Suxs a bunch of stuck up ppl and they just sux
Uptight End

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

myopinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Which school are you talking about? TCA?
No JSA in the DII AAA not the SJA in the DIA with the games up against TCL in the JSA A DI with the DII.

AOK?
TCA family

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

We may be in town rivals but this TCA family will be cheering for USJ this year to win state! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication by the players and coaches to make it this far. Congratulations & Go Bruins!
justmyopinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

TCA family wrote:
We may be in town rivals but this TCA family will be cheering for USJ this year to win state! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication by the players and coaches to make it this far. Congratulations & Go Bruins!
I do not not have ties to any of the private schools, but you are so right. We should all be pulling for them. Very classy FCA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Staples for Sheriff in 2014 (Jan '14) 10 min Resident 305
John Mehr for Sheriff 2014 14 min Guest 16
Proof of God 14 min Rockhound 333
Allllllannn Salllleeeee 17 min Tennessee 36
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 21 min BOiaF 140,771
Is Rick Staples television commercial offensive? 23 min Get Real 53
" WHAT ' .Clapping and Musical instruments in t... (Sep '10) 34 min Rockhound 59
Melanie Ferrell Topix Post Removed 47 min Guest 40
Usj money 3 hr USJ Idiots 20
jonathan montoya 5 hr guest 76
USJ thread 8 hr Really 83
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••