WBBJ going to CBS network?

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ole timer

Cordova, TN

#1 Dec 29, 2011
I've caught a few tidbits of what looks like WBBJ is going to be a CBS station January 1. Anyone else noticed these news spots?

If that happens, are we going to loose our beloved channel 3 WREG out of Memphis? Even now the FCC won't let us see channel 13. I had rather see the news and weather folks from channel 3 any day over some of the goofballs on channel 7, especially one of the weather "forecasters".

Get ready, we will know more when the calendar changes for sure!

eyes open

Memphis, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2011
I would rather hear about Jackson crime than Memphis crime.
Duke

Jackson, TN

#3 Dec 29, 2011
I read about that in the paper and actually they are going to start broadcasting CBS on their current digital channel 7.3, which currently now shows 24/7 weather radar. Channel 7.1 will still show the ABC feed as normal

I did wonder as well if they would force the blackout of Memphis' WREG Channel 3. I would hope not
Concerned

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2011
A good story for them to report would be Hardin County's cover up about their School Supertendant taking a gun into the middle school!
ron

Lexington, TN

#5 Dec 29, 2011
would not doubt that guessin' gary will push to have wreg blocked to keep people from watching channel 3 weather.
Deb

Greenfield, TN

#6 Dec 29, 2011
I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to be able to have ABC, CBS, and FOX broadcast stations all on my rabbit ear t.v. Just wish I could pick up WPSD out of Paducah and have an NBC too.
Anon

United States

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Does WBBJ plan on going HD and moving to a new studio soon? I heard they were building a new building and notice they are in widescreen now.

I also heard that someone bought a low power station (WZMC-LP) in Jackson and will be afilliating with the NBC network in the near future.
say whattttt

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2011
Anon wrote:
Does WBBJ plan on going HD and moving to a new studio soon? I heard they were building a new building and notice they are in widescreen now.

I also heard that someone bought a low power station (WZMC-LP) in Jackson and will be afilliating with the NBC network in the near future.
they are in hd now
I AM NINJA

Jackson, TN

#9 Dec 29, 2011
ABC will stay on 7.1, CBS on 7.2, Weather will stay on 7.3. Steve Bowers had someone on the radio one afternoon a few weeks ago discussing it.
anon

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2011
say whattttt wrote:
<quoted text>
they are in hd now
Actually, the station only airs ABC network programming in HD. The local news is aired in standard definition widescreen.
anon

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2011
I AM NINJA wrote:
ABC will stay on 7.1, CBS on 7.2, Weather will stay on 7.3. Steve Bowers had someone on the radio one afternoon a few weeks ago discussing it.
As of now, ABC will be on 7.1 (like normal), ABC (SAP audio) will still be on 7.2, and 7.3 will be CBS and MeTV.
Duke

Jackson, TN

#12 Dec 30, 2011
fo the luhv of God

Medon, TN

#13 Dec 31, 2011
Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell the new black chick to PULL THAT DANG WIG DOWN!! IT LOOKS LIKE A TOP HAT!!!! IT IRKS ME SO BAD!!!! PLEASE OHH PLEASE!

“Young Stud”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 1, 2012
cbs rocksss!!
They need to fix it

Jackson, TN

#15 Jan 1, 2012
Well according to all you people that know "the exact lineup of the station" now, You need to call and tell them to fix the damn thing cause all I've had all day is cbs on 7 and abc on 7.1. Guess your SAP channel bit the dust. Oh and all of you suck. Have a horrible new years.

Rives, MO

#16 Jan 1, 2012
Bring back the damn weather radar. SAP. LOL!!!!!!!!!
Skip

Germantown, TN

#17 Jan 2, 2012
Is there any way I can get this channel somehow in Memphis?
What the hell

Jackson, TN

#18 Jan 3, 2012
Anyone else with JEA having problems with channels skipping back instead of going forward since this whole WBBJ and losing channel 4 mess? Everytime I flip through the channels and I go past 7.1 it puts me right back on channel 7's CBS station. When I go past the old digital channel 4/5.2 channel it puts me back to 134.2 or something. I wish Gary Pickens, JEA, Brad Douglas, and anyone else that has had anything to do with this would all get together and blow themselves up.
tim hill

Memphis, TN

#19 Jan 12, 2012
Sound quality is driving me nuts. Constant crackling only on this channel 7.3 wbbj-cbs. Don't get me started on the 480i. HD? No? Really? Finally a new network comes to Jackson with substandard quality compared to other networks. Eyewitness news wbbj is in HD. Figured that would never happen.
D Wilson

Dyer, TN

#20 Sep 2, 2012
Anon wrote:
I'm an OTA fan and "cord cutter" for about a year now (read all antenna user) and according to RabbitEar.com the supposed NBC is coming but it'll be a lower powered station.....some places around the outskirts of Jackson might not get it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fair 3 min please 5
Jacksons THP on motorcycle (Poncherello) 20 min Guest 1
New Burger Place Downtown 27 min Downtown 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 49 min Amerika 1,784
Halfway house 1 hr please 6
Bible Verse of the Day 1 hr Auntie Theist 9
Which is better - Catholic church or Baptist? 1 hr Auntie Theist 370
lard arses 9 hr Keys 28
WNWS to make programing changes 17 hr Radio 12

Jackson Jobs