Forest Cove Nursing Home

Forest Cove Nursing Home

Posted in the Jackson Forum

Since: Nov 11

Lexington, TN

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Looking a place for dad someone referred this place. Good or bad nursing home?

Jackson, TN

#2 Jan 20, 2013
I don't know anything good or bad about Forest Cove. I do know Northbrooke is a good place. My mother in law was there several years and received very good care.
previous emplyee

Tucker, GA

#3 Feb 1, 2013
No its not a good place! You have some that are great and really care....maybe one or two. Thats it. I worked there for a long time and i finally got out i couldnt stand what i was seeing. Unqualified nursing staff as well as administration. Too many cover ups for deaths or injury. Continuously running out of supplies like soap and foods and gloves....do not put a loved one there i can not go into facts by law for patient confidentiality laws forbid it. But please dont. If you need to place him check with other places. This is not the one. All they see if $ and not a human. There was even several cases of nursing assistants leaving during their shift coming back drunk.... and nothing being done. When i was hired in i asked do you need a urine drug screen...(i had been holding it just in case and really need to pee) the reply from the staffing coordinator was....we dont care if your on crack as long as you show up. How professional does that sound....

Since: Nov 11

Lexington, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2013
previous emplyee wrote:
No its not a good place! You have some that are great and really care....maybe one or two. Thats it. I worked there for a long time and i finally got out i couldnt stand what i was seeing. Unqualified nursing staff as well as administration. Too many cover ups for deaths or injury. Continuously running out of supplies like soap and foods and gloves....do not put a loved one there i can not go into facts by law for patient confidentiality laws forbid it. But please dont. If you need to place him check with other places. This is not the one. All they see if $ and not a human. There was even several cases of nursing assistants leaving during their shift coming back drunk.... and nothing being done. When i was hired in i asked do you need a urine drug screen...(i had been holding it just in case and really need to pee) the reply from the staffing coordinator was....we dont care if your on crack as long as you show up. How professional does that sound....
OMG how long ago did u work there, cause I had a meeting with a lady in admissions the other day and she seemed nice and the place looked okay...maybe its improved.
Conncted Local

United States

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Whatever you do, don't even look at Laurelwood Health Center.There administrations and manager are just trying to get funds from the government.The care isn't that great either.Heard thru the grapevine that the State government was thinkng about surprising them with a big audit...
luckyone

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2013
You can read all of this smut all day, or you can do actual research. When you visit a facility, ask tons of questions, ask employees as many questions as possible, find out how the facility scored on their last state survey, and PAY ATTENTION to how happy the residents seem to be. YOU are going to feel a lot more at ease when you know your facts. The employee to resident ratio is also something to look at. I could go on all day. I love taking care of the elderly, and sadly there are some people in the field that do not care at all. If you do your real research, you can avoid placing your loved one somewhere the staff isn't qualified to care for fleas.
Thanks and God bless!! I wish you the best of luck!
just sayn

Jackson, TN

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Yeah,nothing like going to a Nursing Home and the so called "care giver" saying "i don't know anything about that patient" is always nice. Funny a patient can be there for weeks even months and the clueless staff has no idea about nothing. Most nursing homes around here are not qualified to "take care of fleas" cause they damn sure can't take care of the patients

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best president in American history 17 min Bruce 31
im opening on snow delay 1 hr Jesse Moore 3
WNWS show hosts 2 hr vols 23
City Street salt trucks plows 3 hr guest 70
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Alain Vain 2,293
The City of Jackson 4 hr thx 2
Look outside at the global warming 5 hr well well well 22

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance